Dark Horse's "Fire and Stone" - concept or story arc?

DonFelipe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 8

#1  Edited By DonFelipe

Dark Horse has just released four (a fifth is on the way) new comic books and series under the label "Fire and Stone" - Alien, Alien vs Predator, Predator, Prometheus, Prometheus: Omega (One-Shot and final issue).

Now I'd like to add a wiki page so all of the related issues are connected and linked including additional information, etc., but would I add this new wiki page as concept or story arc?

Based on existing wikis such as The New 52 and All-New Marvel Now I'd say "Fire and Stone" should be a concept page, too, but perhaps I should mention all of these comics are mini-series plus the series-ending one-shot which is why I'm not sure about the type of wiki page. Because of the limited format of the comic books I could imagine this to be more of a story arc type of thing.

pikahyper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 581

#2  Edited By pikahyper  Moderator

@donfelipe: I'm leaning towards concept but I have one question that could swing it to a story arc if the answer is yes, are the separate mini's interconnected? like any kind of human characters crossover?

DonFelipe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pikahyper: This is complicated. I have yet to read some of the third and fourth issues plus the one-shot that will be released in February. This is one of the reason I was looking for and hoping to find such wiki page and reading order on CV. All the minis and their issues of Fire and Stone are not released on chronological order and in continuity. For instance AVP #1 crearly takes place after Prometheus #4, however, it was released a week after Prometheus #1. If this wasn't confusing enough it also has flashback scenes of events that haven't even been shown yet because they (must) take place in latter issues of Prometheus or any other series and there are 2 more. All the minis seem to take place in a different time and even space. Alien #1 kicks off in a middle of some insane action with xenomorphs on LV-426, which is the moon/planet known from the the first (and second) Alien movie. The other minis take place on moon LV-223 which is known from the 2012 Prometheus movie. The minis also focus on different sets of characters although this doesn't make much sense at all except for the one mini taking place in a different place. So except for Alien, the chronological order would be:

1) Prometheus; 2) Predator; 3) AVP; 4) Omega

While 2 and 3 are set after the events of Prometheus, they both, or parts of them, could still be happening parallel. In Prometheus four characters are introduced more or less: Captain Angela Foster, astrobiologist Francis, bad-ass Security Officer Galgo, and crazy-ass robot Elden. According to the solicit of Omega (and I wish I hadn't read it yet) there will be human survivors which means at least one of the four will still be alive and kicking (ass). The solicit mentions who but the name doesn't matter here (and it's not Elden by the way). Does any of these human characters appear in more than just one series? Galgo, at least, although some of the other appearances (seemingly) are flashback scenes only.

As far as the three series that take place on LV-223 and Omega go I'd say "Fire and Stone" should be a story arc but then there's Alien. I think this is just meant to be a fun issue for the die-hard Alien fans because that's what it is. Though I still have to read its last two issues and there could still be some background information and something that could connect it to whatever is happening on LV-223 but I doubt it.

Unless Dark Horse screwed up the release order, I think the creators wanted to achieve an atmosphere and reading experience where the reader is as confused and left alone in the dark, literally, as the characters are being unaware of what is really happening on a planet inhabited by predators and xenomorphs? Unlike the characters the reader still can re-read the whole epic in chronological order later on.

OM-xenomorphic-G ... I didn't plan to write that much and I don't even know if all of this makes perfect sense because the minis so far, do not. What do you think? Concept, right?

pikahyper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 pikahyper  Moderator
DonFelipe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pikahyper: Thanks. Please leave this thread open for a few more days. Perhaps someone else will get here and would like add some information or clue. I will add the concept later this week as I'm fairly busy at the moment. Once the concept page is done I will add the link here and the thread can be closed. I'll let you know unless I can do this myself but I can't find that option.

pikahyper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 pikahyper  Moderator
wmwadeii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2261