Comment Boxes when Wiki Subbing !!!!

Final Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 4

Edited By Final Arrow

This is just me being me but, when you make a wiki sub and it has this little box at the bottom leave a comment for the mods, if you are editing a large article can you please leave a comment in fact it is good practice to leave a comment for every sub, Here are some guidelines to help.  

Just on the right hand side at the bottom under the red bar, you can leave a comment for us , next to save changes.     
Just on the right hand side at the bottom under the red bar, you can leave a comment for us , next to save changes.     

1. Don't just say "Cuz it should be on the site" tell us why and the series it is linked too. 
2. Do not put random rubbish in the comment box, actually tell us why you are submitting it and which part you have edited.
3. We don't need a story in the comment box, just a comment and that way we know what we are looking at. 
4. NO abuse in the comment boxes. 
5. Good luck subbing.     

It may seem like a small thing, but a lot of comic book articles are now pretty large and there is now a lot of them as well, if you change one word or fix one spelling mistake the whole article still comes up so we have to read and find the smallest change, some times it is a needle in a hay stack. This way we can get straight to you're changes and approve them making the process faster and easier for the user and the mods. 

Forgive the Animevice picture I copied this blog from my other account.
MrDirector786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#1  Edited By MrDirector786

I used to always put a comment in before I got 1000 points. I don't do it anymore, but I'll start doing it again since that's what you want. I mainly don't do it anymore because I don't really see many other people do it either.

Final Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Final Arrow
@MrDirector786 said:
" I used to always put a comment in before I got 1000 points. I don't do it anymore, but I'll start doing it again since that's what you want. I mainly don't do it anymore because I don't really see many other people do it either. "
It's fine for people with live edits, it's more for those that don't have it. It's just an issue you if someone does something on a large page, but all they have changes in one word or a few lines, we have to check the full page to find the small edits and then approve or deny them, that is why it can sometimes take awhile for someones sub to be approved!
Avatar image for majinblackheart
MajinBlackheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 58

User Lists: 7

#3  Edited By MajinBlackheart  Moderator

To this day I put what I did in the comment box, even though I have live edit.

Final Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Final Arrow
@jloneblackheart said:
" To this day I put what I did in the comment box, even though I have live edit. "
And this is why we like you :D
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

How do you not leave a comment in the box? Don't make more work for the mods!

Avatar image for _mistress_redhead_
.Mistress Redhead.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 6

@jloneblackheart said:
" To this day I put what I did in the comment box, even though I have live edit. "
same here, even if it is something simple!
Avatar image for emperor_gonzo_noir
Emperor Gonzo Noir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 17

I suppose I could justify my actions

xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 22

#8  Edited By xerox_kitty
@jloneblackheart said:
Same here.  It appears on my MyVine page, so I like to think others can see what I've been changing.
Final Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Final Arrow
@aztek the lost said:
"

Yeah, doing this would be very helpful, specifically to users whose subs are going to the queue (though I think its awesome some users have been doing this since the beginning even though they now have hundreds of thousands of points) because if I can't figure out what you're trying to do, I'm going to deny it and ask you what was going through your head rather then approve it just because.

"
I Have been doing the same. 

so it's worth the time just to pop a small comment in just  to be on the safe side!
The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 0

#11  Edited By The_Martian

I never realized how much these things help. I feel so bad about never using them before.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f10a0c8ad118
deactivated-5f10a0c8ad118

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 5

I just started doing this because of this blog

Avatar image for emperor_gonzo_noir
Emperor Gonzo Noir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 17

I could do that , but i'm in a hurry ,I'm saving lives!

courtney12490

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#14  Edited By courtney12490
@jloneblackheart said:
which is why I now do, too :) 
Avatar image for majinblackheart
MajinBlackheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 58

#15  Edited By MajinBlackheart  Moderator

These are some of the biggest pages on the site - LEAVE A COMMENT. Do you know how long it takes to go through Spider-Man or Batman's page looking for the comma you changed??? 

No Caption Provided
The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 0

#16  Edited By The_Martian
@jloneblackheart:  Exactly! It's like trying to play an extreme game of Where's Waldo!
Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#17  Edited By Mercy_

MASSIVE NECROBUMP.

Guys, please for the love of god remember to use these! Especially if you're editing huge pages. I will reject subs without comments if I can't tell what's been changed.

pikahyper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 581

#18  Edited By pikahyper  Moderator

@Mercy_ said:

MASSIVE NECROBUMP.

Guys, please for the love of god remember to use these! Especially if you're editing huge pages. I will reject subs without comments if I can't tell what's been changed.

Could not agree more, especially lately and it should be mandatory for users with less then 5000 points, I've been seeing it so much with new users and its driving me crazy trying to figure out what they did >.<

Billy Batson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 11

#19  Edited By Billy Batson

lol DH's given me double and triple amount of points on my other account since I don't live comments :p
BB

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#20  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator

Hm. My apologies, then. I was not aware that I still needed to do that.

I will fix this in the future.

The Poet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 84

User Lists: 99

#21  Edited By The Poet  Moderator

bump again just for good measure...

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator

Gotta ask: do I really have to do this for every edit, or does this only apply for when I required moderator approval?

RazzaTazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1887

User Lists: 79

#23  Edited By RazzaTazz
@JediXMan: Once you are past moderation then you are on your own as the mods can't even really read it (unless you want them as reference on your own submissions page.)  Before moderation it is an extremely good idea.  
JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator

@RazzaTazz said:

@JediXMan: Once you are past moderation then you are on your own as the mods can't even really read it (unless you want them as reference on your own submissions page.) Before moderation it is an extremely good idea.

Okay. So I don't have to? And here I was, for the past few weeks, putting in those tags - apparently for no reason.

RazzaTazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1887

User Lists: 79

#25  Edited By RazzaTazz
@JediXMan: The only benefit to that is if for some reason the mods ever suspect a user of some sort of wiki abuse that they can reference back to their comments and prove their innocence.  But generally there is not much use to doing so once you are past 5000 wiki points.  
JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator

@RazzaTazz said:

@JediXMan: The only benefit to that is if for some reason the mods ever suspect a user of some sort of wiki abuse that they can reference back to their comments and prove their innocence. But generally there is not much use to doing so once you are past 5000 wiki points.

I'm at 4K right now. Almost there.