Comic Book Adaptation issues list

NetSpiker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I'm currently adding the Comic Book Adaptation concept to all comics that are adaptations of movies, novels and short stories. But there's a problem. All 8 issues of Patricia Briggs' Mercy Thompson: Moon Called series have had the concept added, but the series is not showing up on the list of adaptation comics. Can this be fixed?

pikahyper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 581

#2 pikahyper  Moderator

@netspiker: That's because the platform can't handle counts very well, it's a well known defect in the platform that can't be fixed until the next version of the platform that may or may not be made this year. There is one trick that may work but it might not work perfectly, if you remove the Adaptation association from all the issues for a couple of days and then add them all back it might make the volume be listed on the Adaptations page but it would probably be listed at 1-4 issues instead of the full 8.

NetSpiker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The only reason I was adding this concept to issues is so that other people can scroll through the list and discover which movies and novels have comic adaptations. If the list isn't working properly then I better wait until the problem is fixed before continuing. Are you certain it will be fixed in the next update?

pikahyper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By pikahyper  Moderator

@netspiker: anything new you add it to should display like 99.9% of the time so you don't have to wait, it's just the counts that will be off so like if you add it to ten issues in a series it probably won't show the full amount but it will be listed, as for stuff that it is associated to that are missing like Moon Called that is only for existing associations pre-14 or so months ago as there was some kind of database corruption/glitch thing where associations weren't lost really the digital connections are there as is the data but they just aren't visible on the page hence the removing and re-adding strategy which does work some times.

As for certainty you won't get that on this site, the next update for the wiki platform was supposed to happen over a year ago, progress on the back end of this site is glacial.

NetSpiker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Okay, I'll remove the Comic Book Adaptation concept from every issue of Moon Called and then add it back next week.

NetSpiker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

pikahyper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers