Character Friends Question

Avatar image for deactivated-5d921c81bd12c
deactivated-5d921c81bd12c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 3

I've been going round the character friends sections doing some editing and I noticed that a lot of the time people's family members are listed as friends without them ever meeting. For instance, the Boba Fett friend page had Cassus Fett as a friend despite the fact their are thousands of years between them. I deleted the friend listing because of this but I was wondering if that was the right thing to do.

pikahyper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 581

#2  Edited By pikahyper  Moderator

@guttridgeb: yep that was the right thing to do, they have to be actual friends for it to count, a lot of the time just being in the same team doesn't even count.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pikahyper: Thanks, I assumed so but I got a little paranoid that I was wrong :)

pikahyper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 581

#4  Edited By pikahyper  Moderator

@guttridgeb: np, it's always good to ask questions when you are starting out in the wiki.

RazzaTazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1887

User Lists: 79

#5  Edited By RazzaTazz

Another common problem is associations as both friends and enemies.  

X35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 163

User Lists: 8

#6  Edited By X35

@RazzaTazz: Really? I think that kinda makes sense. Should Jason Todd be listed as a Batman friend or enemy? He's been both.

RazzaTazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By RazzaTazz
@X35: I think it should more so be the current enemy.  Equally Rogue could be the enemy of the XMen because she was once.  Those cases make sense in a way I guess, I more mean like Doctor Doom being listed as Reed's friend because they teamed up on a mission once.  
X35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 163

User Lists: 8

#8  Edited By X35

@RazzaTazz: Ironically, I'm pretty sure Doom is a member of FF nowadays. xP

RazzaTazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By RazzaTazz
@X35: Oh bad example then, but you know what I mean.  That should not be a repository of comic history rather be an up to date version of who the friends and enemies are.   

Oh this is a good example, remember in the Dream Eater Saga when Samantha Darren and Baba Yaga teamed up?  That doesn't make them friends.  

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How about alternate universe/non-canon friends/enemies. Do they count?

For instance: Galen Marek is currently an enemy of Luke Skywalker but the only time they ever confronted each other was in the non-canon ending of Force Unleashed.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 16

#11  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator

@guttridgeb said:

For instance: Galen Marek is currently an enemy of Luke Skywalker but the only time they ever confronted each other was in the non-canon ending of Force Unleashed.

Non-canon stuff should probably be left out.

And in regards to Star Wars, they should definitely be left out.

RazzaTazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By RazzaTazz

@JediXMan said:

@guttridgeb said:

As per the wiki guidelines that we established for Star Wars characters, I think if it is in the EU and considered canon, then it is ok, but as long as it is only something that the reader would actually need to know about the character. Like imagine if Luke never met Darth Vader in comics (I don't know maybe he hasn't) then it is ok to list him as an enemy. That is to say if you are tagging an enemy (or friend) it better be pretty important to the character's history if it doesn't appear in comics.

JediXMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 16

#13  Edited By JediXMan  Moderator

@RazzaTazz said:

@JediXMan said:

@guttridgeb said:

As per the wiki guidelines that we established for Star Wars characters, I think if it is in the EU and considered canon, then it is ok, but as long as it is only something that the reader would actually need to know about the character. Like imagine if Luke never met Darth Vader in comics (I don't know maybe he hasn't) then it is ok to list him as an enemy. That is to say if you are tagging an enemy (or friend) it better be pretty important to the character's history if it doesn't appear in comics.

I know. That's what I meant. If it's canon to the EU, it's canon to the overall Star Wars universe; the comics, movies, and novels aren't considered separate (... well... let's just say that for now. It's a simpler explanation)

RazzaTazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By RazzaTazz
@JediXMan: Sure but minor villains in the non comic EU can probably be skipped