Channel 52

RazzaTazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1887

User Lists: 79

#1  Edited By RazzaTazz

Just as a note to editors, if there is a channel 52 backup feature in an issue, make sure to add it in as a team.  If you like add the characters as well.  I don't read very much DC anymore so I don't see these very often, but I assume that some people do.  

Avatar image for deactivated-5d921c81bd12c
deactivated-5d921c81bd12c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 3

I'll get on that. It's in pretty much every title I'm reading at the moment, starting to get kind of irritating...

EDIT: Do we add the characters/teams who are shown in it as well?

RazzaTazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By RazzaTazz

@guttridgeb said:

EDIT: Do we add the characters/teams who are shown in it as well?

Your call (I did)

Manhunter2070

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By Manhunter2070
@RazzaTazz

I know I'm the one that added the page, but since its basically an in house advertisement I figured no one would actually add them to the issues. The same strip appears in the back of every New 52 comic released on that particular week so it would seem redundant to add the Channel 52 anchors to every issue, just adding the team page would probably be sufficient. 

But then again its not up to me, I don't really know what the protocol is for these types of comic advertisements.
RazzaTazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By RazzaTazz

@Manhunter2070: They are in-continuity though, albeit in a breaking the fourth wall presentation. Tag them as you like, characters or just as a team, but they should be tagged in case anyone ever goes looking for them. I am looking at this from more of a historical perspective. These features likely will not be around for long, and so some future collector might have interest in seeing them all together.

Manhunter2070

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By Manhunter2070
@RazzaTazz: That's fair enough. I guess I was just thinking it would be strange to have Calendar Man suddenly show up in 10 issues every week without the proper context might confuse the wiki more than anything since there isn't really a way to differentiate between those that appear in the main story..But that's just my take anyway.
RazzaTazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By RazzaTazz
@Manhunter2070
That is a good point, perhaps then it would be worthwhile to tag the characters only once per week?
Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 15

#8  Edited By Mercy_

I wouldn't tag the characters, but that's just me. Wouldn't this fall under dream/simulation/imposter heading where they didn't actually make an appearance in the issue? I know that people (myself included on many occasions) go and look at character appearances to track down issues their favorites (or one they've garnered an interest in) have appeared in and this kind of dilutes that, for lack of a better word.

akbogert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 31

#9  Edited By akbogert

@Mercy_ said:

I wouldn't tag the characters, but that's just me. Wouldn't this fall under dream/simulation/imposter heading where they didn't actually make an appearance in the issue? I know that people (myself included on many occasions) go and look at character appearances to track down issues their favorites (or one they've garnered an interest in) have appeared in and this kind of dilutes that, for lack of a better word.

^Indeed.

The characters appear but don't actually develop or play any important role; they're just a veneer for solicits, and a pretty transparent one at that.

Aiden Cross

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 5

#10  Edited By Aiden Cross

Have to agree with Mercy, i always look up characters the same way and i know many others do as well. It would make it less user friendly.

RazzaTazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By RazzaTazz

I would be prone to agree if they were mostly not arbitrary characters.  So perhaps tag the members of the news but not the characters that appear in the segments.  Main point anyway, is to tag Channel 52.  

Avatar image for deactivated-5d921c81bd12c
deactivated-5d921c81bd12c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 3

I was just about to fill in all the appearances of the page (don't know why it took me so long, sorry) when I noticed that all the previously added appearances had been deleted. Is there a reason for this or should I re-add them?