Can we just merge all the justice league pages?

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 140

#1  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt
JLA 
JLI 
Justice League Task Force 
Justice League Elite 
Justice League Dark 
Justice League of aliens/amazons/apostles/adventure/anarchy/arkham/atlantis/air 
justice league Antarctica 
justice league europe 

they're all just different incarnations of the Justice League, and since the team is rebooted and it just seems like the perfect time to just do it and make things easier for everyone 
Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

#2  Edited By Gambit1024

If all the JLA's are merged, the Avengers pages should be merged as well. 

pikahyper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 581

#3  Edited By pikahyper  Moderator

Too confusing and too much work, why in the world did you create a new thread for this when the other was perfectly fine?

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 140

#4  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt
@pikahyper said:
Too confusing and too much work, why in the world did you create a new thread for this when the other was perfectly fine?
no idea....my bad. but how would it be confusing? just put the information from the other pages into the JLA one, re title it Justice League and delete the other ones
pikahyper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 581

#5  Edited By pikahyper  Moderator

it would be confusing because users wouldn't know which teams appear in which books if they are all merged together, there are probably over 5k various JL appearances. The member roster would also be a huge pain filled with hundreds of entries.

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 15

#6  Edited By Mercy_

No, they're not all the same team. They were different teams, with different members and different functions. Was there not a time where they were all functioning at the same time? And as far as distinguishing appearance goes, I just think it would be a bad idea. 

Blurred View

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 353

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By Blurred View

I'm okay with spinoff teams having their own separate pages, because they are separate teams. They exist and operate generally at the same time as the main teams do. I think there should be more separation actually. It always bugs me seeing stuff like a member of a spinoff team being listed also as a member of the main team even though they were never actually a member. I don't know what current examples there are of this, but I've seen it happen a lot with Avengers the past few years.

Icarusflies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 14

#8  Edited By Icarusflies  Moderator

@Avenging-X-Bolt: Nah…The thing is a lot of the Justice Leagues actually WERE separate teams. The Justice League Elite was existent at the same time as the JLA, and the JLA actually disapproved of it.

The JLI and JL Europe were both branches during a time when the Justice League of America really only referred to America.

They're all separate teams and should be treated as such.

EganTheVile1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 52

#9  Edited By EganTheVile1

JLA, JLI, JLU, JLE, JLTF, and JLANT are distinctively separate teams, learn your DC facts.