#1 Posted by WraithTDK (33 posts) - - Show Bio

Would it be acceptable to create wiki entries for promotional comics that are, for example, included as a bonus in the now-defunct Wizard: The Comics Magazine?

For example, DC released Batman issue 616A for inclusion with Wizard issue 0. The first page explains that it is set between Batman #616 and #617, and featured an unique 9-page story set during Hush. So could I create a Wiki article for this? And if so, would it be a separate volume, or would it be added to Batman? Unfortunately, it doesn't have the small-print minutia commonly found in comics.

#2 Posted by Renchamp (2597 posts) - - Show Bio

@wraithtdk: Though my word has no clout as far as policy goes, I say as long as original work is being posted in these magazines then they are add-worthy. They should be as their own volume with explicit notes as to why each issue is being added; a link should direct the reader to the exact issue (like Batman 616, in this case). Also, the issue linked to could have a note on it alerting the reader of the issue (like Batman 616) that a filler story takes place in another volume.

Do not do this, however, until a mod has commented, as I am merely positing something that could make sense if the idea is okayed.

#3 Edited by WraithTDK (33 posts) - - Show Bio

Just to clarify, it's 616A. The issue is printed just like a normal comic, apart from the magazine (the magazine was in a plastic bag with the comic included), and it looked just like a copy of Batman, except they added the letter A to the numbering.

But yea, I'm not doing anything until a mod gives a verdict. I only recently earned enough points to do approval-free edits. I'm certainly not jeopardizing that status now.

#4 Posted by Renchamp (2597 posts) - - Show Bio

@wraithtdk: Ah. That sounds even more legit. I'm not sure how it would be added without the indicia, though. Probably with any information that could be gleaned from the book itself. Good call waiting for mods.

#5 Edited by pikahyper (12399 posts) - - Show Bio

@wraithtdk: adding promo comics is fine as long as they are a separate physical copy and not a bound in comic, basically it needs to have its own cover to be added, we've got tons of promo, ashcan, mini-previews, etc added already especially Wizard ones, that Batman one might already be added somewhere but if you can't find it go ahead and add it as Ren described in its own volume and if it doesn't have an indicia I guess name it "Batman Wizard Promo Comic" or some such.

#6 Posted by WraithTDK (33 posts) - - Show Bio

Wellll crud. Apparently it WAS bound into the issue itself. I was told (and given a scan) otherwise. I had to track down an actual issue of Wizard #0 to confirm. Oh well.

#7 Edited by pikahyper (12399 posts) - - Show Bio

@wraithtdk: ya I seem to recall that one, I used to have a full set of Wizards and all the stuff that they came bagged with them or offered by them through the years and I couldn't remember a separate Batman comic.

#8 Posted by Renchamp (2597 posts) - - Show Bio

@wraithtdk: I would still put a note on Batman 616 to alert readers that the story exists elsewhere. No link. Just the brief info.

#9 Posted by WraithTDK (33 posts) - - Show Bio
@renchamp said:

@wraithtdk: I would still put a note on Batman 616 to alert readers that the story exists elsewhere. No link. Just the brief info.

The notation was a good idea, but I'm not sure it's strongly tied enough to to Batman #616 - Hush Chapter Nine: The Assasins or Batman #617 - Hush Chapter Ten : The Grave, so I compromised. I made an entry in the Hush story arc page, listing Wizard: The Comics Magazine #0 - Wizard Zero under the "related items" section, with a notation about the story, which was indeed set during said story arc.