Can Staff ask TugboatRogers Not to Abuse his Privileges?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Zhakaraz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Zhakaraz

I think erasing pictures from galleries is against the rules no?

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

#2  Edited By TheBlueAngel93

Which galleries have images been deleted from and how do you know it's him who's deleting the images?

As far as I know it is against the rules to simply delete images without a reason that goes along with the rules of the site. If the image is a double or inappropriate (like nudity for example) then I believe people have the right to delete said images. But if they are deleting them simply because they don't like the image, for example if the image is constantly being set as that page's main image and said user deletes the image simply because they do not want that image set as the main image for that page, then yes they are breaking the rules because you shouldn't be deleting images simply because you don't like it.

pikahyper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 581

#3  Edited By pikahyper  Moderator

@Zhakaraz said:

I think erasing pictures from galleries is against the rules no?

Please give some examples.

Billy Batson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#4  Edited By Billy Batson

how do you know that's him who's erasing them?

BB

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 15

#5  Edited By Mercy_

First of all. Erasing pictures can be encouraged. It depends on what pictures are being erased.

Second. This is something that should be handled through PM. So I'd shoot one to the mods, as they're the ones who take care of issues like this.

Zhakaraz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Zhakaraz

First. The pictures he is erasing follow the rules. Second. Ive seen complaints like this being made here and this is the forum where editing the site is discussed so to me this appears to be the place where such a complaint would go. Can't staff check to see if a person has erased an image? http://www.comicvine.com/myvine/tugboatrogers/ He might be too busy point spamming to answer any questions though

pikahyper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 581

#7  Edited By pikahyper  Moderator

@Zhakaraz: For a new user you sure are throwing out some strong accusations right off the bat, you shouldn't accuse a user of point spamming without anything to back it up.

Neither staff or mods can see what images a user has erased or modified in a gallery hence why you've been asked to provide examples, you can't make allegations against a user without providing links to galleries as proof.

TugboatRogers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By TugboatRogers

Haha.  I have no idea why this guy has decided to hate me.......i genuinely cant think of any incident this is referring to. on the rare occassion i remove an image, i usually alawys comment stating why i'm deleting it ("this is in a wrong characters gallery" mostly). i guess i was too busy "point spamming" to pay attention to abusing my privileges... no wonder i got banned