PowerSurge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By PowerSurge

Hi Guys first post on here.

It has come to my attention that the main "Buffy the Vampire Slayer - Season Eight" series is entitled "Buffy the Vampire Slayer - Season 8". All the TPB's  and the Willow Oneshot use "Eight", which I consider to be correct (Eight is used in the top left of the cover and the inside page)

Is there a particular reason why a number was used instead of the word or am I free to make the changes? (Or would it be quicker for and admin to batch rename them in the backend)

Cheers

Avatar image for majinblackheart
MajinBlackheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 58

User Lists: 7

#2  Edited By MajinBlackheart  Moderator

If you have the comics, whatever the indicia states should be the title, which anyone can change. The indicia is usually located on the inside of the cover and shows the title of the book, the volume, the date, the publisher and all the legal information. (the small print)

PowerSurge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By PowerSurge

Thanks for replying

If it is based on the inside cover "indicia" then things get complicated. It seems the title changes through the series and makes no mention of volume. But it does indeed indicate that "Eight" rather than 8 is used.

1 - Buffy The Vampire Slayer Season Eight
2 - Buffy The Vampire Slayer
3 - Buffy The Vampire Slayer
4 - Buffy The Vampire Slayer
5 - Buffy The Vampire Slayer
6 - Buffy The Vampire Slayer Season Eight
7 - Buffy The Vampire Slayer Season Eight
8 - Buffy The Vampire Slayer Season Eight
9 - Buffy The Vampire Slayer Season Eight
10 - Buffy The Vampire Slayer Season Eight
11 - Buffy The Vampire Slayer Season Eight
12 - Buffy The Vampire Slayer Season Eight
13 - Buffy The Vampire Slayer Season Eight
14 - Buffy The Vampire Slayer Season Eight
15 - Buffy The Vampire Slayer Season Eight
16 - Buffy The Vampire Slayer Season Eight
17 - Buffy The Vampire Slayer Season Eight
18 - Buffy The Vampire Slayer Season Eight
19 - Buffy The Vampire Slayer Season Eight
20 - Buffy The Vampire Slayer Season Eight
21 - Buffy The Vampire Slayer
22 - Buffy The Vampire Slayer
23 - Buffy The Vampire Slayer
24 - Buffy The Vampire Slayer
25 - Buffy The Vampire Slayer
26 - Buffy The Vampire Slayer
27 - Buffy The Vampire Slayer
28 - Buffy The Vampire Slayer
29 - Buffy The Vampire Slayer
30 - Buffy The Vampire Slayer

Willow - Buffy The Vampire Slayer

No Caption Provided
Avatar image for _mistress_redhead_
.Mistress Redhead.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 6

I wouldn't worry too much about the number, it is season 8 no matter how it is written :) 

we have many other characters and issues that need a lot of work, that are far more important to worry about than how a number is written :)

Avatar image for majinblackheart
MajinBlackheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 58

User Lists: 7

#5  Edited By MajinBlackheart  Moderator

What I would do is change it from 8 to Eight and make some notes on the volume page stating that many issues are simply stated as being 'Buffy the Vampire Slayer' although they are part of the same volume. This would be a much easier fix than creating multiple volumes and having to delete issues (which only mods and staff can do) and create all new issues.

PowerSurge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By PowerSurge
@.Mistress Redhead. said:
" I wouldn't worry too much about the number, it is season 8 no matter how it is written :)  we have many other characters and issues that need a lot of work, that are far more important to worry about than how a number is written :) "
While I agree that on the whole the 8/Eight issue is not a huge deal it should at least be consistent and right now it isn't due to the TPB's being title differently than the actual series it compiles. This can lead to all sorts of confusion.

@jloneblackheart said:
" What I would do is change it from 8 to Eight and make some notes on the volume page stating that many issues are simply stated as being 'Buffy the Vampire Slayer' although they are part of the same volume. This would be a much easier fix than creating multiple volumes and having to delete issues (which only mods and staff can do) and create all new issues. "
Thanks for the advice. I have done as you suggested and submitted the change for approval (Only at 200 points atm).