Basic question about adding characters, a.k.a., I'm an idiot

weasel-king

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By weasel-king

I recently joined the Vine and have been trying to help update issues of comics I have like a good little boy.

I came across some GI Joe comics from Image. To be specific, #13 with Firefly on the cover. It, and many of the other GI Joe comics lists "GI Joe" as a character, which is technically inaccurate. But that's not the question...

I tried adding Cobra Commander as a character and noticed the only "version" of Commander is the one in Devil's Due publications.

I read where it said not to add the same character for different universes, so am I interpreting this correctly? Do I add the Commander from Devil's as opposed to adding a new Commander character for Image? Or is there a way to search on Cobra Commander and have his "profile" show him for both publishers?

Note Cobra Commander is merely an example--it looks like a lot of the Joe characters from Image are like this (some listed under Devil's but not Image and so on).

Thanks!

fesak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By fesak  Moderator

There should only be one Cobra Commander, it's probably that no one has changed the publisher on his page to the current one yet. The same goes for all GI Joe characters and any other character that has been published by different companies.