#1 Posted by Starleafgirl (1341 posts) - - Show Bio

Actually, I have two submissions questions. First of all, what IS the policy on two identically named characters that have absolutely nothing to do with each other but come from the same publisher? Yay for recycling names. Second of all, we all know Wikipedia has an External Links section at the bottom of their pages; what's CV's policy on that? I figured you'd be against it.

Both problems are in this entry for Captain Marvel, a precursor to Marvel's (and DC's) later characters. Nevermind if DC's Captain Marvel came first, I don't know anything about that, but this Captain Marvel has nothing to do with Marvel's or DC's later Captain Marvels and also has an External Links section: http://www.comicvine.com/captain-marvel/38613/

Post Edited:2007-06-13 14:11:11

#2 Posted by Ms. Invisible (3292 posts) - - Show Bio

That last paragraph was confusing, but yeah, I'd like to know what happens with external links.

bump

#3 Posted by fesak (7033 posts) - - Show Bio

I guess it would be obsolete to link to wikipedia or marvel/dc.com, but a link from a creator page here to his/her own homepage would be nice.

#4 Posted by Shatterstar (4522 posts) - - Show Bio

Re: the 2 characters thing - different pages for each of them, I'm 99% sure the single page thing is only for mantle characters like Robin, Witchblade, Venom etc.

Outside links, I don't remember the admins saying anything about that just yet, I'd guess they don't want links going to wiki and other encyclopedic sites.

#5 Posted by Starleafgirl (1341 posts) - - Show Bio

I was thinking in terms of linking to character fansites or the official site for the series. But allowing "External Links" seems to me like it'd really be opening a can of worms we don't want to open.

Although, linking to a creator's own official page from the creator's CV page doesn't sound that bad. Still, I'll wait for a Moderator to make a ruling.

#6 Posted by Red L.A.M.P. (2828 posts) - - Show Bio

Starleafgirl says:

"I was thinking in terms of linking to character fansites or the official site for the series. But allowing "External Links" seems to me like it'd really be opening a can of worms we don't want to open.Although, linking to a creator's own official page from the creator's CV page doesn't sound that bad. Still, I'll wait for a Moderator to make a ruling."

I agree with you completely that it makes sense to have AND it opens a can of SPAM. I'd say lets only do it on Creator pages for official sites. And lets be really nasty to any spammers.

Staff
#7 Posted by NiteFly (1459 posts) - - Show Bio

Red L.A.M.P. says:

"And lets be really nasty to any spammers."

Will do!