Anybody know why Daredevil is an alias of Dr. Doom???

pikahyper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 581

#1  Edited By pikahyper  Moderator

I can semi understand why Daredevil is an alias of Nightcrawler cause he once put on the Daredevil costume for a Daredevil court appearance but I don't get it for Dr. Doom and really should it be Nightcrawlers alias too??? It is messing with search results and pushing the current 2011 Daredevil series to the second "page" of results. 

Edited to add: 
It is possible Dr. Doom was Daredevil in a What If? but I've read almost every What If? and I don't remember that happening.

fesak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By fesak  Moderator
@pikahyper 
From Daredevil #37-38. They switched bodies.
Personally i think it's unnecessary, but it's technically correct.
No Caption Provided
MrUnknown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 8

#3  Edited By MrUnknown
@fesak: Then, shouldn't Daredevil have Doctor Doom as an alias too? I personally think it should be erased.
Blurred View

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 353

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By Blurred View

Counting aliases like that goes too far. Imagine the mess that could be made of out Chameleon and Mystique's pages like that.

pikahyper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 581

#5  Edited By pikahyper  Moderator
@Blurred View said:
Counting aliases like that goes too far. Imagine the mess that could be made of out Chameleon and Mystique's pages like that.
Excellent example Blurred !!!! Normally I really do like the aliases but that kind of stuff really does takes it too far.
JamesSpiring

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By JamesSpiring
@MrUnknown said:
@fesak: Then, shouldn't Daredevil have Doctor Doom as an alias too? I personally think it should be erased.
Just removed it.
CATPANEXE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#7  Edited By CATPANEXE

I don't see why not. It's no more than Danny Rand being both Iron Fist and Daredevil. Sure it's complex, but that's what we do here isn't it?
Provide the details no matter how deep or involved they are. I see no more of a difference than Steve Rogers or Bucky Barnes having the alias
of Captain America than this, and personally, I don't see where it's messing up the search engine anymore than anything else does either.
Just my two cents.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c6600594117e
deactivated-5c6600594117e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 111

User Lists: 51

Dang, I thought he might have cosplayed as Matt for Latveria's Comic-Con.
JamesSpiring

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By JamesSpiring
@CATPANEXE: Tough luck. Everyone else thought the alias wasn't needed, which is why I removed it earlier (note the quotes below).  
@pikahyper said:
I can semi understand why Daredevil is an alias of Nightcrawler cause he once put on the Daredevil costume for a Daredevil court appearance but I don't get it for Dr. Doom 
@fesak said:
@pikahyper 
Personally i think it's unnecessary
 @MrUnknownsaid:
@Blurred View said:
Counting aliases like that goes too far. 
And unrelated...
@Jake Fury: lol, nice joke.
CATPANEXE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#10  Edited By CATPANEXE
@Digifiend
I read the thread then provided my opinion, quoting them isn't necessary.
I stand to disagree with the overall consensus, clearly

@Digifiend said:

@CATPANEXE: Tough luck. 

I wasn't aware I was playing for a prize or something.

----
I just have two question for anyone, and I'm only looking for a straight answer.

1.) During Daredevil #37-38, was Victor Von Doom in fact Daredevil?
2.) If it is fact that he was, how does it not become fact due to the fact that one
prefers it wasn't, or because they find it to be a nuisance that it is?

Whatever is decided ultimately won't effect my sleep, but just noting the principle here.
I can't logically follow changing the facts in comics to make searching more comfortable
to some. I think maybe it's a principle as well. When I see a demand later that people stop
removing aliases for certain characters, or say someone befuddled by James Barnes main
picture getting changed from Captain America to Winter Soldier, I won't wonder were the
error in the editing process exists...that the line is drawn when a person doesn't find
what the comic publisher themselves put to print, verbatim, and in continuity,  to their personal 
liking?
Blurred View

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 353

User Lists: 5

#11  Edited By Blurred View
@CATPANEXE: I think it comes down to technicality versus substance. Would you, when describing Dr. Doom to someone, list Daredevil as one of his aliases because he spent two issues bodyswapped with Daredevil as part of some obscure story? Is that reasonable or relevant as an alias? It's not about personal liking, though it's not a completely objective thing either. Some judgment call has to be made about what is and isn't worth mentioning, and you'd get people disagreeing on that in some cases. But I don't think it's the purpose of the Alias field to list every single identity the character has ever technically used. You would end up listing the entire Marvel Universe for Mystique. You would cluttering things up with a lot of irrelevant and confusing information rather than sticking to the aliases that have some substance to them. That field would become useless. It's similar to people adding characters to each other as friends or enemies they barely crossed paths with each other in a single issue. There's no substance to it worth mentioning, and mentioning it dilutes all the information actually worth mentioning. It's about erring on the side of common sense rather than technicality. 
EganTheVile1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 52

#12  Edited By EganTheVile1

Alternate reality, simple enough?

I am sorry that I am getting annoyed by these same easy questions but rule of thumb, if a hero or villain happens to share an alias with a villain or hero, it is usually an alternate reality.