Amazing Spider-Man all one series?

DP812

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By DP812

I don't know who thought this was a good idea, but all volumes of Amazing Spider-Man have been combined into a single volume. So Amazing Spider-Man v2 (1999) 1-58 are now Amazing Spider-Man v1 (1961) 442-499. This is extremely confusing and it's also inconsistent with other books on the site that have spanned multiple volumes and gone through issue renumbering. For example, Avengers, Fantastic Four, Captain America, Iron Man, Thor, etc. aren't all combined under one single volume for each of those titles. They're listed as separate volumes and it should be the same with Amazing Spider-Man.

pikahyper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 581

#2 pikahyper  Moderator

we are getting to it

fesak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By fesak  Moderator

Staff wanted it this way, but i don't remember why.

It'll be easier to fix these volumes now with the new tools, there's still quite a few that need combining/separating, but i think we're a bit inconsequential overall with how we've handled marvels re-numberings in that some times we put them as a separate series (for example Journey Into Mystery), some times as part of the current series (Wolverine) and some times as part of the old series (Fantastic Four).