add comics by cover/appearances

Avatar image for defaultdefaultdefault
defaultdefaultdefault

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

i searched for the tab/function to do this, but came up short. id like to fix the team
Nocturnals and its team members, since many issues are not linked, like their first appearance,
and some are not on the site at all ( Add volume, figured this out).
used search to find a relevant topic but none came up. any help appreciated.

example:
comics the x-men star in

how do i link another to this if i wished to?

p.s.= i watched the video guide. in the video the comic appearances (of Superman)
had a button to add issues, though not present here.

Avatar image for majinblackheart
MajinBlackheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 58

User Lists: 7

#2  Edited By MajinBlackheart  Moderator
 http://www.comicvine.com/nocturnals/65-48828/issues-cover/

Any appearances have to be added on the issue page. Simply edit any issue that they appear in and type them into the team/character pages. I haven't watched the tutorial in some time, so maybe things have been revised since then.

First appearance is edited on the team/characters page under general information. Click the little edit button and search for the volume. This will not make them appear in the issue, that has to be done from the issue page like stated above.

Members are added on the team page by going to the members section and editing. Or you can edit each individual character. On the right side of the page there is a relationships section that has all teams. Click the edit button and search for the team. A little more time consuming this way.

Hope this helped a little.
defaultdefaultdefault

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jloneblackheart said:
"  http://www.comicvine.com/nocturnals/65-48828/issues-cover/  Any appearances have to be added on the issue page. Simply edit any issue that they appear in and type them into the team/character pages. I haven't watched the tutorial in some time, so maybe things have been revised since then. 
thanks. this is more what im looking for. im looking to add/link issues that arent there.
problem is there is no button (at least for me?) to do so, nor am i able to navigate past
the main page in Edit mode.
MajinBlackheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 58

User Lists: 7

#4  Edited By MajinBlackheart  Moderator

I think I understand what you are saying. The issues won't show up on that page if the team hasn't been credited to the issue. From that page there is no way to do that. Say there are 30 issues on the site that should be on that page, which counts the team's appearances. Each of the 30 issues need to be edited one by one to add the team to the issue. 

defaultdefaultdefault

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MajinBlackheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers