• 65 results
  • 1
  • 2
#1 Edited by Jack the Ripper (2225 posts) - - Show Bio

Okay, so this is just a low profile contest, nothing fancy for your prize, except that you get recognition, woot!

But anyways, the basic idea of the competition is to take a character page on the Vine that at the time of entering it has less than 100 issues and make it as complete as possible

this contest has no time limit, and the pages will only be judged once the creator of said page says its completed

I, aztek_the_lost, am entering Lucifer who currently has 96 issues...anyone else who wishes to enter, step forward

LIST OF CONTESTANTS
aztek_the_lost: Lucifer
Darkchild: Spider Jerusalem
John Rambo: Rambo
Buckshot: Jack Hawksmoor
Methos: Arisia
Resonate: Edward Elric
The Drifter: Baron Helmut Zemo
Brainiac 5 - Snow-Job
Light - Light Yagami
PRIMAV3RA - Jughead Jones

POTENTIAL CONTESTANTS AT THE MOMENT

Superkitty

Nobody

#2 Posted by Darkchild (40624 posts) - - Show Bio
#3 Posted by TheDrifter (26555 posts) - - Show Bio
#4 Posted by Jack the Ripper (2225 posts) - - Show Bio
#5 Posted by John Rambo (49 posts) - - Show Bio
#6 Posted by Jack the Ripper (2225 posts) - - Show Bio

@DC: Awesome!!

#7 Posted by Jack the Ripper (2225 posts) - - Show Bio
#8 Edited by TheDrifter (26555 posts) - - Show Bio
Jack the Ripper said:
"TheDrifter said:
"I am entering with Ghost Rider

http://www.comicvine.com/ghost-rider/29-4268/"

umm, Ghost Rider is in 467 issues o_O"


Oh, Less then 100 ? Dammit.

 

GR is really my specialty.

 

How many issues is Moon Knight in ?

#9 Posted by Jack the Ripper (2225 posts) - - Show Bio
TheDrifter said:
"Jack the Ripper said:
"TheDrifter said:
"I am entering with Ghost Rider

http://www.comicvine.com/ghost-rider/29-4268/"

umm, Ghost Rider is in 467 issues o_O"


Oh, Less then 100 ? Dammit.

 

GR is really my specialty.

 

How many issues is Moon Knight in ?

"
292...closer but still no cigar
#10 Posted by Jack the Ripper (2225 posts) - - Show Bio

Drifter, the basic idea is to find a character you really enjoy that ISN'T well known, thus the issue limit, so that your really adding stuff regular folks don't know

#11 Posted by PRIMAV3RA (23023 posts) - - Show Bio

lmao im entering uhhhhhhhh nvm i got nothing to enter lol

GOOD LUCK TO ALL

#12 Posted by TheDrifter (26555 posts) - - Show Bio
Jack the Ripper said:
"TheDrifter said: 292...closer but still no cigar
"
Dam!

Jack Hawksmoor ?
#13 Posted by Jack the Ripper (2225 posts) - - Show Bio
TheDrifter said:
"Jack the Ripper said:
"TheDrifter said: 292...closer but still no cigar
"
Dam!

Jack Hawksmoor ?
"
sure, but be warned, Buckshot has already done a lot of work on his page
#14 Posted by Jack the Ripper (2225 posts) - - Show Bio
PRIMAV3RA said:
"lmao im entering uhhhhhhhh nvm i got nothing to enter lol

GOOD LUCK TO ALL"

are you sure there is no character you are an expert on that needs some work?
#15 Posted by Buckshot (18913 posts) - - Show Bio
TheDrifter said:
"Jack the Ripper said:
"TheDrifter said: 292...closer but still no cigar
"
Dam!

Jack Hawksmoor ?
"
I'm not going to say "Don't touch that page", but it's sort of a project of mine so don't add stuff that I'm just going to end up having to redo later.
Moderator
#16 Posted by Jack the Ripper (2225 posts) - - Show Bio
Buckshot said:
"TheDrifter said:
"Jack the Ripper said:
"TheDrifter said: 292...closer but still no cigar
"
Dam!

Jack Hawksmoor ?
"
I'm not going to say "Don't touch that page", but it's sort of a project of mine so don't add stuff that I'm just going to end up having to redo later.
"
do you want to use him as part of the contest?
#17 Posted by Buckshot (18913 posts) - - Show Bio

Might as well. It's what I'm doing anyway.

Moderator
#18 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio
Buckshot said:
"TheDrifter said:
"Jack the Ripper said:
"TheDrifter said: 292...closer but still no cigar
"
Dam!

Jack Hawksmoor ?
"
I'm not going to say "Don't touch that page", but it's sort of a project of mine so don't add stuff that I'm just going to end up having to redo later.
"

just back away from the page with your hands away from the keyboard....

M
#19 Edited by Jack the Ripper (2225 posts) - - Show Bio

haha, that's the reason I made this contest, seeing as I was working on a page anyway

okay, so far we have

aztek_the_lost: Lucifer

Darkchild: Spider Jerusalem

John Rambo: Rambo

Buckshot: Jack Hawksmoor

Methos: Arisia

*waits for more to enter*

#20 Posted by Jack the Ripper (2225 posts) - - Show Bio
Methos said:
"Buckshot said:
"TheDrifter said:
"Jack the Ripper said:
"TheDrifter said: 292...closer but still no cigar
"
Dam!

Jack Hawksmoor ?
"
I'm not going to say "Don't touch that page", but it's sort of a project of mine so don't add stuff that I'm just going to end up having to redo later.
"

just back away from the page with your hands away from the keyboard....

M
"
lmfao
#21 Posted by Buckshot (18913 posts) - - Show Bio

lol

Moderator
#22 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

ok...

i'll step in with Arisia...

but i don't know when i'm going to have the time for it

M

#23 Posted by Buckshot (18913 posts) - - Show Bio

No time limit.

Moderator
#24 Posted by Jack the Ripper (2225 posts) - - Show Bio

yeah, most of us here have little time, me, DC, Buckshot and you I know for sure have little time...but I'll put you down for Arisia, Methos

#25 Posted by Superkitty (1086 posts) - - Show Bio

Can I retroactively enter Action Comics? When I first came, it had about 30 issues filled in.

Good idea, though, and under submission guidelines I have "Major submission requests" for comics with a bunch of issues missing

Online
#26 Posted by The_Martian (36980 posts) - - Show Bio

Can I enter a page I've done before?

If so I'm choosing Noh-Varr

#27 Posted by TheDrifter (26555 posts) - - Show Bio
backs away slowly from the Jack Hawksmoor page.
#28 Posted by Jack the Ripper (2225 posts) - - Show Bio
Superkitty said:
"Can I retroactively enter Action Comics? When I first came, it had about 30 issues filled in.

Good idea, though, and under submission guidelines I have "Major submission requests" for comics with a bunch of issues missing
"
umm, idk, the contest is more for character pages...though I must admit you did a great job with Action Comics *thumbs up*


Nobody said:
"Can I enter a page I've done before?

If so I'm choosing Noh-Varr
"
hmm, well are you completely finished with the page or still planning on adding to it? (if there is anything to add)
#29 Posted by Jack the Ripper (2225 posts) - - Show Bio

because of some requests and a certain page I have noticed *coughs* Judge Dredd *coughs* I have decided that you can enter a character page that has surpassed 100 issues, if no one has more than 100 points on it when you choose it

#30 Posted by TheDrifter (26555 posts) - - Show Bio
Jack the Ripper said:
"because of some requests and a certain page I have noticed *coughs* Judge Dredd *coughs* I have decided that you can enter a character page that has surpassed 100 issues, if no one has more than 100 points on it when you choose it
"

Does this mean I can do MK or GR ?
#31 Posted by Jack the Ripper (2225 posts) - - Show Bio
TheDrifter said:
"Jack the Ripper said:
"because of some requests and a certain page I have noticed *coughs* Judge Dredd *coughs* I have decided that you can enter a character page that has surpassed 100 issues, if no one has more than 100 points on it when you choose it
"

Does this mean I can do MK or GR ?"
MK has four people with more than 100 points on it and GR has five...

aren't you knowledgeable on a character whose not so well-developed? there's no time limit so maybe you could research a character?
#32 Posted by TheDrifter (26555 posts) - - Show Bio

Well, Lemme see........

Jack Hawksmoor is really all I got (but Buckshot scares me lol)


Maybe I should research.

#33 Posted by Jack the Ripper (2225 posts) - - Show Bio
TheDrifter said:
"Well, Lemme see........

Jack Hawksmoor is really all I got (but Buckshot scares me lol)


Maybe I should research."
might as well research, I mean, there's tons of cool characters out there...I wish I could do 'em all but I don't have the time -_-
#34 Posted by TheDrifter (26555 posts) - - Show Bio

Maybe I'll work on one of GR's villains.

#35 Posted by Jack the Ripper (2225 posts) - - Show Bio
TheDrifter said:
"

Maybe I'll work on one of GR's villains.

"
lmfao....well just let me know when you pick someone
#36 Posted by TheDrifter (26555 posts) - - Show Bio
Jack the Ripper said:
"TheDrifter said:
"

Maybe I'll work on one of GR's villains.

"
lmfao....well just let me know when you pick someone
"


GR, MK and Venom are the ones I know the most.....

 

It's sad really. :P

#37 Posted by Resonate (15054 posts) - - Show Bio
Jack the Ripper said:
"TheDrifter said:
"

Maybe I'll work on one of GR's villains.

"
lmfao....well just let me know when you pick someone
"
soo not entering Ed xD

wait...no time limit.....yes, yes I am


you guys are gonna get pwnt
#38 Posted by Jack the Ripper (2225 posts) - - Show Bio
TheDrifter said:
"Jack the Ripper said:
"TheDrifter said:
"

Maybe I'll work on one of GR's villains.

"
lmfao....well just let me know when you pick someone
"


GR, MK and Venom are the ones I know the most.....

 

It's sad really. :P

"
well yeah, but just think of it, it would be so easy to research someone whose been in less than 100 issues, cause in a way there's not that much to research, idk, just try to find a character you like, maybe get some different comics than usual?

I do think its funny that Buckshot took two of your characters tho :D
#39 Posted by TheDrifter (26555 posts) - - Show Bio
Jack the Ripper said:
"TheDrifter said: well yeah, but just think of it, it would be so easy to research someone whose been in less than 100 issues, cause in a way there's not that much to research, idk, just try to find a character you like, maybe get some different comics than usual?

I do think its funny that Buckshot took two of your characters tho :D
"

I've been thinking about picking up Zemo: Born Better

hears Buckshot's name

Goddamit.
#40 Posted by Jack the Ripper (2225 posts) - - Show Bio
TheDrifter said:
"Jack the Ripper said:
"TheDrifter said: well yeah, but just think of it, it would be so easy to research someone whose been in less than 100 issues, cause in a way there's not that much to research, idk, just try to find a character you like, maybe get some different comics than usual?

I do think its funny that Buckshot took two of your characters tho :D
"

I've been thinking about picking up Zemo: Born Better

hears Buckshot's name

Goddamit.
"
well if you would, he does qualify
#41 Posted by Buckshot (18913 posts) - - Show Bio

Moderator
#42 Posted by Jack the Ripper (2225 posts) - - Show Bio
Resonate said:
"Jack the Ripper said:
"TheDrifter said:
"

Maybe I'll work on one of GR's villains.

"
lmfao....well just let me know when you pick someone
"
soo not entering Ed xD

wait...no time limit.....yes, yes I am


you guys are gonna get pwnt
"
lmfao, I figured you'd enter...but you know its not just bigness that wins...
#43 Posted by TheDrifter (26555 posts) - - Show Bio
Jack the Ripper said:
"TheDrifter said:
"Jack the Ripper said:
"TheDrifter said: well yeah, but just think of it, it would be so easy to research someone whose been in less than 100 issues, cause in a way there's not that much to research, idk, just try to find a character you like, maybe get some different comics than usual?

I do think its funny that Buckshot took two of your characters tho :D
"

I've been thinking about picking up Zemo: Born Better

hears Buckshot's name

Goddamit.
"
well if you would, he does qualify
"


No No, Not Heinrich, I mean Helmut.....

 

His son.

#44 Posted by Jack the Ripper (2225 posts) - - Show Bio
TheDrifter said:
"Jack the Ripper said:
"TheDrifter said:
"Jack the Ripper said:
"TheDrifter said: well yeah, but just think of it, it would be so easy to research someone whose been in less than 100 issues, cause in a way there's not that much to research, idk, just try to find a character you like, maybe get some different comics than usual?

I do think its funny that Buckshot took two of your characters tho :D
"

I've been thinking about picking up Zemo: Born Better

hears Buckshot's name

Goddamit.
"
well if you would, he does qualify
"


No No, Not Heinrich, I mean Helmut.....

 

His son.

"
oh well he does qualify too...

oh and everyone can now see I made a list of contestants in the first post...
#45 Posted by TheDrifter (26555 posts) - - Show Bio
Jack the Ripper said:
"TheDrifter said:
"Jack the Ripper said:
"TheDrifter said:
"
"


No No, Not Heinrich, I mean Helmut.....

 

His son.

"
oh well he does qualify too...

oh and everyone can now see I made a list of contestants in the first post...
"
Cool.

I'm entering with Baron Helmut Zemo.
#46 Posted by Jack the Ripper (2225 posts) - - Show Bio
TheDrifter said:
"Jack the Ripper said:
"TheDrifter said:
"Jack the Ripper said:
"TheDrifter said:
"
"


No No, Not Heinrich, I mean Helmut.....

 

His son.

"
oh well he does qualify too...

oh and everyone can now see I made a list of contestants in the first post...
"
Cool.

I'm entering with Baron Helmut Zemo.
"
sounds good

*goes to add his choice to list*
#47 Posted by brainiac 5 (118 posts) - - Show Bio

hey, is it to late to enter this contest?

#48 Posted by Resonate (15054 posts) - - Show Bio
Jack the Ripper said:
"Resonate said:
"Jack the Ripper said:
"TheDrifter said:
"

Maybe I'll work on one of GR's villains.

"
lmfao....well just let me know when you pick someone
"
soo not entering Ed xD

wait...no time limit.....yes, yes I am


you guys are gonna get pwnt
"
lmfao, I figured you'd enter...but you know its not just bigness that wins...
"
but Im epic :P
#49 Posted by brainiac 5 (118 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm going to enter the contest with Snow Job
But, can u go over the guidlines for me one more time?

#50 Posted by Resonate (15054 posts) - - Show Bio
brainiac 5 said:
"I'm going to enter the contest with Snow Job
But, can u go over the guidlines for me one more time?
"
cant you just like, idk, read them?