• 114 results
#51 Posted by CantDance93 (341 posts) - - Show Bio

Wow 3 weeklies for DC, will be good for the sales!!

#52 Posted by Krypton-115 (326 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm currently not reading new 52's Earth 2, should I pick a trade or two up?

#53 Posted by Army2442 (1470 posts) - - Show Bio

The book could be good, a second earth 2 title could flesh out so cool stories.

P.s. When are we getting a Flash/Green Lantern team up book?

#54 Posted by Eivion (82 posts) - - Show Bio

This is good news to me. Earth-2 has been quite good, but unfortunately slow partially due to just how many characters there are. They have needed a true second book for at least year now. A weekly should do just the trick though the title World's End has me worried to be honest. I'm also not sure about the creative team. It doesn't feel on the same level as what we have for Batman Eternal or Future's End.

I'm currently not reading new 52's Earth 2, should I pick a trade or two up?

I think its one of the better series to come ou of the new 52 so I would definitely suggest giving the first trade or two a shot.

#55 Posted by TheSmallvillefan12 (181 posts) - - Show Bio

I like Earth 2 but I can't afford a weekly series especially when it doesn't seem that necessary.

#56 Posted by laabitres (354 posts) - - Show Bio

YES YES YES YES and YES finally

#57 Posted by Weapon-Alpha (148 posts) - - Show Bio

So by showing us Val in a Superman suit basically tells us theyre going to have to put Kal-L down

#58 Posted by Omega-Man (761 posts) - - Show Bio

Ughh... I said this to a Joke to someone who loves the PG character but seriously Val Zod with PG is stupid. Another thing why is he wearing Kal's family crest? He should have his own crest. AANNNDDD another thing. Hasn't anyone noticed how much Val Zod in this pic screams Blue Marvel from Marvel comics? The guys suit mirrors it and Blue Marvel is a black superman in that series.

DC You guys already have a great black Superman in Multiversity/ Earth 23 from President Superman. I love this take.

This Val-Zod as a replacement Superman and his costume is a complete rip off of Marvel's Blue Marvel.

ANNDDD one more thing. I'm not sure if this is intentional but if PG does get with Val Zod, she's really racist/colorist. What PG doesn't like dating people who aren't black? I'm not racist/colorist but that clearly is.

#59 Posted by kilowog52 (391 posts) - - Show Bio

So is this the third weekly series that Didio teased to Newsarama a while back, or is this a fourth weekly series? Because Didio said in that interview the third weekly would tie into Futures End. I don't see how an Earth Two series could do so.

Anyway, aside from Taylor and Levitz, I haven't heard of any of these other writers. But of course I hadn't heard of Taylor either until he took over the main Earth Two book. Levitz on the other hand is quite a big name for some older LoSH stuff, but honestly, I haven't heard anything good about any of his recent stuff. (New 52 LoSH, Worlds' Finest) I have been reading Worlds' Finest and it has been improving, but still isn't very good. But I agree that that series is probably ending soon, but I don't see them cancelling the main Earth Two series.

Anyway, about the image. It looks like Val becomes Superman. I see the Helm of Fate on the ground. And if you look closely just above that, you see Green Lantern's ring falling on top of that. Presumably from the hand of the arm of the person who remains off-panel aside from the arm. That could be Alan Scott, or someone who has defeated him and Dr. Fate.

@jaken7 said:

They're pretty much corralling all their writers who work in the same corners of the DCU, putting them together, and giving them a book to all write together. It's pretty awesome actually. Now we need some sort of Lantern/Cosmic weekly...

Amen to that, brother! Amen!

#60 Edited by Dernman (14726 posts) - - Show Bio

Huntress might die: I'm glad maybe they will bring back Bertinelli.

New Superman: Wish he went with a symbol representing his own house but at least he has a different costume. Though I'm not digging the baby blue.

Dr Fate's helmet: I hope that doesn't mean he's going to die, lose his powers or give up.

I wish they would go back to focusing on the other characters instead of the ones connected to Superman and Batman.

#61 Posted by Jasoninthewoods (91 posts) - - Show Bio

Am I wrong to only be excited about Batman: Eternal?

#62 Posted by TheMightyMazahs (12 posts) - - Show Bio

@snarkybits: Ah, you're right. I guess I need to read the latest issues.

#63 Posted by wbr17 (176 posts) - - Show Bio

Hey, look! bats and supes in a batless and superless earth... again

#64 Posted by lifeofvibe (3419 posts) - - Show Bio

@dernman: I KnoW rIgHT come back my sweet bertineli...

#65 Posted by doombot890 (214 posts) - - Show Bio

KNEEL BEFORE VAL-ZOD!

#66 Posted by TheCupcakeAvenger (63 posts) - - Show Bio

Do DC think their fans are rich? 3 weekly series is pushing it. I'm getting Batman Eternal but with my Marvel and DC books already costing me a fortune, I might need to miss Futures End with Batman Beyond and I would definitely need to leave this. It's ridiculous.

#67 Posted by kennybaese (1094 posts) - - Show Bio

Huh. I'm wondering if this event is going to lead to the end of Earth 2 and integration of the non-redundant Earth 2 heroes into the main DCU. Maybe they'll end World's Finest and Earth 2 and introduce a JSA book set on Earth Prime or Earth 1 or whatever.

#68 Posted by darknightspideyfanboy (1192 posts) - - Show Bio

@dernman: what does zod family crest mean?

#69 Posted by Dernman (14726 posts) - - Show Bio
#70 Posted by Avengers_4everXX (156 posts) - - Show Bio

@krypton-115: Get all the volumes written by James Robinson(the first three I think), and then stop. Nothing that's happened since he left is worth your time or money

#71 Posted by Avengers_4everXX (156 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm only excited for this if it means the regular Earth 2 book will go back to being about the real heroes of Earth 2

#72 Posted by RulerOfThisUniverse (6113 posts) - - Show Bio

Cool.

#73 Posted by HempKnight757 (128 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah based off the comments I think most would agree it would be better if they got back to Hawkgirl, Flash, Doctor Fate, Green Lantern & continuing to build the JSA. I really didn't like the reveal of Thomas Wayne as Batman. Thought that was pretty terrible writing & was curious to know if that was Robinson's plan. Also evil Superman is kinda of cliche. I am two issues behind so curious to know how it has been, but the reviews haven't looked spectacular. I can't really afford the weekly & very hesitant.

#74 Posted by obsidian_raindrop1 (92 posts) - - Show Bio

@g_leno: well we have 51 titles in prime earth and 1 in earth 2 so I'd say yes

#75 Posted by deadpool25mm (576 posts) - - Show Bio

If GL isnt in it then I might pick this up.

#76 Posted by cagedleo730 (231 posts) - - Show Bio

@omega_man_: All I can say is WOW. You may not be racist but you have some weird ideas about people's preferences when it comes to relationship. I hope you're not into people dating their own "kind" like we're not all human.

I believe Icon, Milestone's Superman predates Blue Marvel. Val's costume is not that similar.

#78 Posted by ptigrusmagus (482 posts) - - Show Bio

Not sure about some of these dumb complaints, a weekly series is never necessary but can be great if they have an amazing story

#79 Posted by mak13131313 (501 posts) - - Show Bio

I guess I'll be buying 3 weekly series now!

#80 Posted by AllStarSuperman (19943 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger you still read Earth 2 right? What are your thoughts?

Meh, is what I say, I can't afford weekly, and I am hesitant they could keep up the quality especially when the main is going downhill as is.

I like Earth 2 but I can't afford a weekly series especially when it doesn't seem that necessary.

This

@omega_man_ said:

ANNDDD one more thing. I'm not sure if this is intentional but if PG does get with Val Zod, she's really racist/colorist. What PG doesn't like dating people who aren't black? I'm not racist/colorist but that clearly is.

No not at all. She likes black people so what? If I like mexicans or asians does that make me racist? NO, it would be racist if Powergirl said she didn't date people based on being black or white, etc.

#81 Posted by Mangakid1995 (139 posts) - - Show Bio

I like how all three DC weeklies focus on some version of Batman. Celebration of the characters 75th birthday, or blatant unapologetic favoritism, You Decide!

#82 Posted by ptigrusmagus (482 posts) - - Show Bio

@Mandakid1995: because the fact that Batman is featured in the comic titled Detective Comics hasn't given that away for the past 75 years or anything ......

#83 Posted by CantDance93 (341 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh yeah, me too! $9 a week x 52 weeks = $468! I'm gonna be so broke by next year!

#84 Posted by Herx (374 posts) - - Show Bio

Firstly: Dat cover art.

Secondly: Yay! Earth 2!!!

Thirdly: so tom wayne batman isn't going away and the "main" characters of this book aren't the ones being focused on (on the cover at least) for the first issue...... whatever happend to that premis of a world without the trinity? wasn't that meant to be the tagline for earth 2 (i know, i know. creative shift mid-way through a story = NUbatman, NUlois (a.k.a. not Ma Burckel), NUsuperman and NUjimmy = complaints from fans who were promised a series about the characters that we associate with the JSA). Honestly have nothing wrong with Val-Zod as the new earth-2 superman (and i'm assuming that he's wearing the crest for the house of El and not that of his own house because on earth the crest of El is known the world (or whats left of it after Taylor blew it up) as the symbol for superman: earths mightiest hero ergo Krypton family heraldry has nothing to do with it).

Now i love earth 2, but as with many folks here, since the "creative team shift" the premise of the series has been completely lost with several story strands (the mystery behind the death of Green Lanterns lover, what happened to Commander Steel in the fire pit and who is the red lantern?) just going unanswered for michal-bay-esq explosions, certain characters being re-cast (Earth 2 Roy Harper is now a very, very white Conner Hawk & Lois Lane as Red Tornado rather than Ma, Burkel the first female superhero?) or mixed up (apparantly earth 2 batman took his super drugs which give him super powers for an hour from metamorpho rather than hourman), as such although i am exited for a new series expanding upon the earth 2 mythos I don't want it to be a NuSuperman X NuBatman X Powergirl X Huntress story "co-starring the Justice Society of Earth 2". Batman might sell books but the people who pick-up earth 2 aren't looking for a batman story.

#85 Edited by viin (543 posts) - - Show Bio

Never read Earth 2 but Ive always liked the idea. Awesome on another weekly series though and that pic by Ben Oliver is fantastic.

#86 Posted by kidstandout (106 posts) - - Show Bio

Ughh... I said this to a Joke to someone who loves the PG character but seriously Val Zod with PG is stupid. Another thing why is he wearing Kal's family crest? He should have his own crest. AANNNDDD another thing. Hasn't anyone noticed how much Val Zod in this pic screams Blue Marvel from Marvel comics? The guys suit mirrors it and Blue Marvel is a black superman in that series.

DC You guys already have a great black Superman in Multiversity/ Earth 23 from President Superman. I love this take.

This Val-Zod as a replacement Superman and his costume is a complete rip off of Marvel's Blue Marvel.

so much dumb...

#87 Posted by CantDance93 (341 posts) - - Show Bio
#88 Posted by CrazyScarecrow (1193 posts) - - Show Bio

@darkrider: We need Hourman back if DC is still planning on that live action Hourman show and I miss Dr. Mid-nite so much! He is one of my favorites that was missing in the DCU!

#89 Posted by MadeinBangladesh (6005 posts) - - Show Bio

god dammit DC stop with the weekly comics. I can't afford this shiz.

#90 Posted by GraniteSoldier (6949 posts) - - Show Bio

Haven't followed Earth 2 since it started to be Bat and Supes centric like much of DC's mainstay titles. I know it's a common complaint, but I like seeing people that don't get AS spotlighted get some time in the sun.

A weekly title is rough on the budget too, it looks interesting since it almost implies Superman won't be brought back around or redeemed, but I don't think I can afford a weekly. I'm strained as is!

#91 Posted by COBRAMORPH (1516 posts) - - Show Bio

I never understood why Berinelli had to die so that Helena Wayne could be Huntress, & yet both Kara Zor-L & Kara Zor-El can co-exist together just fine.

#92 Edited by mickeyangel (47 posts) - - Show Bio

Longevity gives one an interesting perspective and ironic sense of history. I see people commenting for Helena Wayne to die and being back Bertinelli. I'm old enough to remember Helena Wayne's and Power girls appearances in All Star Comics in the late 70s and the huge cry of "foul" when post CRisis Earth 2 huntress was written out of canon and people hated Bertinelli. It's sort of the barry vs Wally flash. People like what they grew up with.

#93 Posted by Cloakx14 (2343 posts) - - Show Bio

i'm looking forward to reading this !

#94 Posted by Fantasgasmic (1071 posts) - - Show Bio

i want to see them in this weekly

Hourman

ummm SORT OF getting it already. coughBatmancough hackEarth2Annual#2wheez

#95 Posted by IDontLikeBirds (250 posts) - - Show Bio

@herx said:

Firstly: Dat cover art.

Secondly: Yay! Earth 2!!!

Thirdly: so tom wayne batman isn't going away and the "main" characters of this book aren't the ones being focused on (on the cover at least) for the first issue...... whatever happend to that premis of a world without the trinity? wasn't that meant to be the tagline for earth 2 (i know, i know. creative shift mid-way through a story = NUbatman, NUlois (a.k.a. not Ma Burckel), NUsuperman and NUjimmy = complaints from fans who were promised a series about the characters that we associate with the JSA). Honestly have nothing wrong with Val-Zod as the new earth-2 superman (and i'm assuming that he's wearing the crest for the house of El and not that of his own house because on earth the crest of El is known the world (or whats left of it after Taylor blew it up) as the symbol for superman: earths mightiest hero ergo Krypton family heraldry has nothing to do with it).

Now i love earth 2, but as with many folks here, since the "creative team shift" the premise of the series has been completely lost with several story strands (the mystery behind the death of Green Lanterns lover, what happened to Commander Steel in the fire pit and who is the red lantern?) just going unanswered for michal-bay-esq explosions, certain characters being re-cast (Earth 2 Roy Harper is now a very, very white Conner Hawk & Lois Lane as Red Tornado rather than Ma, Burkel the first female superhero?) or mixed up (apparantly earth 2 batman took his super drugs which give him super powers for an hour from metamorpho rather than hourman), as such although i am exited for a new series expanding upon the earth 2 mythos I don't want it to be a NuSuperman X NuBatman X Powergirl X Huntress story "co-starring the Justice Society of Earth 2". Batman might sell books but the people who pick-up earth 2 aren't looking for a batman story.

^All of this.

#96 Posted by consafo80 (111 posts) - - Show Bio

Can't wait I just hope DC don't have any more weekly books to announce cause I'd end up buying it.

#97 Edited by Rubear (405 posts) - - Show Bio

About Helena. NNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!! (c)
About Val-Zod. I can understand why Val-Zod have Sup chest, maybe he just don't find his own on Earth, but he is much younger.

#98 Posted by Lvenger (18271 posts) - - Show Bio

@allstarsuperman: No I haven't read Earth 2 in a long time. Not since Robinson left the series and it turned into Taylor's Injustice 2.0.

#99 Edited by NightFang (9866 posts) - - Show Bio

@lifeofvibe: They don't need to kill off Helena to get Bertineli, just keep Helena on Earth-2 and introduce Bertineli as her New Earth/Earth Prime counterpart.

#100 Posted by mak13131313 (501 posts) - - Show Bio

@mak13131313 said:

Oh yeah, me too! $9 a week x 52 weeks = $468! I'm gonna be so broke by next year!

Hahaha! Exactly!