undeadpool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Edited By undeadpool

The Good

Tom Taylor’s had enough time to get acclimated to his new role as writer on this title and it definitely shows. We’re getting a loosening of the frantic, constantly shifting plot and getting to know some of the new characters who’ve been introduced as well as some old favorites that were able to weather the storm. The story most centers on Batman and company returning to his cave to plan their next move and to try and get the Kryptonian Val to overcome his fear agoraphobia and face the conquering Superman. It’s...definitely a process. We also get to see what said conqueror is up to and...well it’s definitely not collecting for the March of Dimes.

On art we have mostly Barry Kitson with Robson Rocha on four pages in the middle of the book and the transition between the two, brief though it is, is a smooth one with Kitson’s style flowing perfectly into Rocha’s and then right back into Kitson. Kitson also supplies his own inks with Oclair Albert backing up Robson Rocha and Pete Pantazis pulling everything together color-wise. The colors are a big standout in this book with them looking vibrant and gorgeous, particularly during one scene at the beginning of the book involving Aquawoman, and communicating both the dim, dreary underground and the savage, explosive action above. As a general thing, the art works very well in the portions that take place outside the Batcave, they’re detailed and action-packed with a lot of great moments and some very impressive visuals.

The Bad

There’s no way around it: this is a filler-issue. We get to see Aquawoman work her awesome power at the beginning, but apart from that this is an issue about regrouping and reassembling. That’s not a bad thing inherently, but it makes it that much more difficult to keep things moving at a brisk pace. I absolutely feel like a break was earned, but I also feel like the Annual covered that fairly well and this issue just seems to spin its wheels. There’s also a very, very strange statement made that I won’t spoil here but, if true, it means I do not like where a certain part of this is heading.

I danced around the art above because there’s something I can’t quite put my finger on, but something about it just seems flat and drab. The facial expressions are all somewhat similar and since it’s mostly dialog, diversity of expression is a premium that should be invested in. Parts of the issue just look rushed.

The Verdict

I’m not willing to write off Earth 2 yet by a longshot, this is one decent issue against three good-to-great ones, but I’d like to see it get back on track and focus on either bringing the team to bear or even starting to strike back. There are still a few players who’ve yet to enter the arena, so I’m still anticipating more goodness out of this book.

righteous300

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I really need to catch up with this series.

Hawkguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm looking forward to GL returning to the title. I also thought this issue was the weakest of Taylor's run so far, and the Red Lois Tornado faces made me cringe.

timelord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

This is the first issue of Tom Taylor's Earth 2 that I have really enjoyed the plot slowed down enough to actually allow for some character development we had some back story on Val and Jimmy was hilarious.

5 stars for me

kazekaine1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@timelord said:

This is the first issue of Tom Taylor's Earth 2 that I have really enjoyed the plot slowed down enough to actually allow for some character development we had some back story on Val and Jimmy was hilarious.

5 stars for me

it was 5 stars for me as well the moments between lois and val was great

patrat18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

5 stars for me also.

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

huh pretty mixed review on this one

Avatar image for brinkthemoviemyfavoritemovie
brinkthemoviemyfavoritemovie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What's the "strange statement" he's worried about? I just read it and I don't think I noticed anything that strange/worrisome

ForeverMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would have actually given this a 4, I thought it was a fun issue. The display of Aquawoman's power was pretty awesome, although her silk and shells outfit is yet another Earth 2 character design I am not feeling at all. Definitely stoked to see what comes next.

Avatar image for thefirstlantern
TheFirstLantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

love that cover. Comic Shop had their orders shortened so getting it next week. Looking forward to it.

Rubear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Good issue, 4-4,5 stars for me.

@brinkthemoviemyfavoritemovie said:

What's the "strange statement" he's worried about? I just read it and I don't think I noticed anything that strange/worrisome

Perhaps four capsules from Krypton? Kal, Kara, Val and...?

CantDance93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

4.5 for me. Everything felt natural, and flowed perfectly. I hope Darkseid makes an appearance soon! Want to seem him kick some ass!!

Lamenoire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Lamenoire

@rubear: I think it is something else : Lois saying Clark would never become Brutaal, no matter what Darkseid put him through (so it would be a simple mind controlled superman like in STAS)

Rubear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Rubear

@lamenoire said:

@rubear: I think it is something else : Lois saying Clark would never become Brutaal, no matter what Darkseid put him through (so it would be a simple mind controlled superman like in STAS)

Yep, very probable, if she is right. And some time before Bedlam tells Sup that "I am always in your mind", if i remeber correctly.

jstndmnd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 37

The new superman better become Icon. Batman needs to die again. I don't care about aquawoman. I want more Alan Scott, The Flash, and Hawkgirl. Also, Fate is my favorite. The only think I have enjoyed about Taylor's run was when Fate went against Superman.

I just hope we have less of superman and batman soon, or I'm going to drop this book.

Avatar image for raggedscarecrow
RaggedScarecrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jstndmnd: I'm actually hoping for the new Trinity (If Taylor decides to create one) to be Aquawoman, Green Lantern, and Dr. Fate, with Green Lantern acting as the leader. As for Supes and Bats, well, Batman is for sure sticking around, but Superman/Brutal is probably going to get killed. If they don't get killed, maybe they'll get moved to the rumoured second Earth-2 title.

CantDance93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm pretty sure it's, well i can't remember his name, but he was one of the other two henchmen that was working for Steppenwolf that's mind controlling superman. I remember in #17 or #18 Superman asked he was here with him and he said something like 'i'm always in your head' IIRC, so i'm pretty sure he's responsible for the brainwash.

josephsflinn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

my friend's aunt makes $68 an hour on the computer . She has been unemployed for 5 months but last month her paycheck was $17833 just working on the computer for a few hours. Go Here

===============­==========

"www.jobsyc.com"

====­====================­=

josephsflinn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

my friend's aunt makes $68 an hour on the computer . She has been unemployed for 5 months but last month her paycheck was $17833 just working on the computer for a few hours. Go Here

===============­==========

"www.jobsyc.com"

====­====================­=

Superbat420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Superbat420

@raggedscarecrow: really? Jay Garrick would be in the trinity over aqua woman or mr.fate....

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Did no one else freak out over the reveal of who Red Arrow is or was that just me?

@rubear said:

Good issue, 4-4,5 stars for me.

@brinkthemoviemyfavoritemovie said:

Perhaps four capsules from Krypton? Kal, Kara, Val and...?

I have my suspicions who Val is and who was in the four pod.

leocwoods

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By leocwoods

my best friend's sister-in-law makes DOLLAR 60 every hour on the laptop . She has been out of a job for 7 months but last month her pay check was DOLLAR 20579 just working on the laptop for a few hours. go to the website.......... WWW.Dub30.ℭom

mak13131313

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

I thought this was a 5 star. The moments with Red Tornado and Val were well written, and the scene where Aquawoman took care of the Parademons was awesome.

Superwondy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

Earth 2 the best comic book, which I have read lately.

HolySerpent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

A good fast read.

Guerraa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#27  Edited By Guerraa

5 stars for me as well. Still don't understand reviews that want everything "sped up". I get tired of stories that are sped along at the expense of character development. I enjoyed this issue so much that I was shocked when I reached the end so fast. It was that good to me. I'm loving everything about Tom Taylor's Earth 2. Hope he stays on for a long time and keeps up this amazingly great writing!

Avatar image for michaelthemighty17
michaelthemighty17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

i think Tom Taylor's run of earth two is better then James Robinson's

admwriter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tom Taylor is NAILING it on this book. I honestly figured this book would tank after Robinson left (especially with what appeared, at first, to be an editorially mandated addition of a Superman and a Batman to the mix) but I have to say I think this book reads so much better now.

Robinson started to run out of steam there toward the end of his run. His run seemed overflowing with wonderful, interesting characters who appeared on the scene, had a good two or three issue run and then faded back into the woodwork. An embarrassment of riches, if you will.

While I still miss seeing Jay and Alan carrying the lead roles here, I am really enjoying the additions Taylor has made, and the characters have a lovely warmth to them that makes them a pleasure to read. (Especially his Batman... Thomas Wayne seems gentler and far, FAR more interesting than stoic, one-note Bruce Wayne.)

I can't believe this book got three stars while snoozers like Green Arrow and Green Lantern got four and five stars. I'm clearly out of sync with what you guys are enjoying. LOL.

Ultron345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Earth 2 has been lucky to have such great teams on it consistently. Both writers and artists. The inevitable crossover with prime earth should be very interesting. Brutaal vs Prime Earth Superman should be intense if it ends up happening.