would you

micah007123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By micah007123

Ehhh I'd rather he just have resistance to them.

mightyapeking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@micah said:

i think it would be great actually like the character he was based on

mightyapeking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@micah: it would be good if goku gained some of his abilities http://vsbattles.wikia.com/wiki/Sun_Wukong

micah007123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mightyapeking: He could have a few (and just might), but I wouldn't want him to start overly relying on said abilities. At his core Goku and his powerset are really simple and it fits him.

mightyapeking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@micah: sun wukong is still stronger than goku lol but in the future goku might equal him

but there is a version of wukong that is nigh omnipotent

micah007123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By micah007123

@mightyapeking: He's catching up. All he needs now is an on panel universal feat or two and he'd be right up there imo. And some hax resistance wouldn't hurt lol.

How did Wukong become omnipotent?

mightyapeking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@micah said:

@mightyapeking: He's catching up. All he needs now is an on panel universal feat or two and he'd be right up there imo. And some hax resistance wouldn't hurt lol.

but even if goku is universal he can't beat wukong it takes hax to beat him,wukong is majin darkscheineider tier

mightyapeking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@micah said:

How did Wukong become omnipotent?

oh wukong became omnipotent i think by buddha giving him the power i don't know myself ,i don't know that much about wukong

micah007123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@micah said:

but even if goku is universal he can't beat wukong it takes hax to beat him,wukong is majin darkscheineider tier

Tell me why does it take hax to bring him down? Darsh needs to be killed on three separate planes of existence to be permanently dealt with, is the case similar for the Monkey King?

mightyapeking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@micah: monkey king is pretty much unstopabble the only person capable of stopping him i think was buddha(equal to the presence btw).even buddha couldn't kill him.also he has freezing spells

mightyapeking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@micah: also go to this thread he even stomped galactus

http://www.comicvine.com/forums/battles-7/sun-wukong-vs-galactus-1626018/

Overmonitor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Guys Goku is based on Superman not Sun-Wukong get it right

mightyapeking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@overmonitor: nope that's 100% false goku wasn't based on superman.

the only similarity is they are both alien and both home world was destroyed but goku is 100% based on sun wukong I'm guessing you didn't know that's where akira got the inspiration of goku character

Overmonitor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mightyapeking: lol yeah believe whatever you want fanboy. Story of Sun-Wukong has zero match to Goku besides how he looks and his staff and transformations and tail. Other than appearances Goku's entire origin mirrors Superman's to a T.

mightyapeking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@overmonitor: you believe what you want superman fanboy goku and superman have nothing related except that they are aliens like i said above and their home planet got destroyed

saying that goku is related to superman in any way is saying that akira didn't base goku on sun wukong which is 100% false goku is in no way based on superman https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Goku

what do you think goku's character was based on guys @micah@houseshm

mightyapeking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By mightyapeking

@overmonitor: here is fact taht i got from the wiki

Conception and creation[edit]

Goku, and Dragon Ball in general, evolved from one of Akira Toriyama's earlier one-shot series called Dragon Boy. In this story, the protagonist who looks a lot like Goku has a pair of wings.[7] When Toriyama created Dragon Ball, he was inspired by Journey to the West.[8] To be creative with the idea, Toriyama designed Goku as a human boy with a monkey's tail, rather than a complete simian, because the tail would give him a distinguishing feature.[9] Similarly, in Journey to the West, but retains his tail. He later stated that the tail was a pain to draw, hence why he had it get cut off early on.[10] Toriyama did not initially plan to make Goku an alien, it was not until the introduction of fighters from other planets that he established him as a Saiyan.[11] Goku was given the ability to teleport to any planet in seconds, so that Toriyama could increase the pace of the story.[12]

goku isn't based on superman at all

akira didn't even plan to make goku an alien you're just a butthurt superman fan or something

he was based on sun wukong

Overmonitor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Overmonitor

@mightyapeking: why would i give a crap what 1) two random people think or 2) rather or not you believe your favorite character is a ripoff. His origin is definitely inspired by Superman like it or not. Why would I be hurt? I dare you to find a single post from me defending Superman.

From DBZ the similarities are too much to ignore. You like Wiki? I don't. But I will quote something too.

"1) Origins: Goku is from planet Vegeta, sent to Earth just before Vegeta explodes. Once he lands on Earth, a humble old man (Grandpa Gohan) finds him & raises him into a very caring individual. Superman, similarly, is from the planet Krypton, sent to Earth just before Krypton explodes. Once he lands, an older couple, (also humble people), raise him into a very caring individual. Also, they were both sent to Earth in space pods (neat fact).

2) Biological Fathers: Both Goku & Superman's fathers were highly respected in their societies. The Saiyans(Goku's race)were a warrior race, with Bardock, Goku's father, being the strongest/best warrior of his time, (proven by him becoming the second known Super Saiyan and surpassing the sayain king's power level before Bardock reached his prime). The Kryptonians (Superman's race) were a scientific/technological race, Superman's father Jor-El was the top scientist of his time, shown by his various advances in technology & science with the Fortress of Solitude & his crystals being examples. So essentially, both biological fathers were at the "top" of their societies main profession.

3) Powers: Goku & Superman both have the following powers do to their alien origins...strength (incalculable limits), speed (both can move at supersonic speeds appearing as flicks in the air but Goku can teleport too), durability (extremely powerful force needed to hurt them), senses (better than top predator animals known, and longevity (stay in prime condition/appearance for hundreds of years), even being considered the most powerful non-magical beings of their respected universes. Abilities that they share also include flight (supersonic) & energy projection (ki blast/heat or x-ray vision).

4) Physiology affected by special radiation: Goku & all saiyans transform into giant monkey capable of incredible destruction whenever they are exposed to Green Spectrum radiation, usually in the form of Blutz Waves produced by a full moon, if the moon or his tail is destroyed or blocked/ cut off, he returns to normal. Superman infamously in the presence of Green Kryptonite radiation suffers intense pain until the Green Kryptonite is removed from his presence.

5) Role Models: Goku & Superman are both continuously used as examples of good role models. The reason is because both have good values of caring for all people, family, friends, and second chances to those in need of it. Examples of the last point because it may be debatable is Goku giving chances of redemption to Piccolo & Vegeta or Superman giving Bizarro & Livewire chances of redemption.

6) Global: Both heroes are now usually not (at least anymore) restricted to saving one area but the whole world & many times the entire universe too. Great examples of this is their current rouges gallery, Goku has Frieza, Cell, Buu, Raditz, Omega Shenron, Cooler, Janemba, Andriods, Broly, Dr. Geru, Garlick jr., etc. which are all world-to-universe threats, usually the latter. Superman has Darkseid, Doomsday, Brainiac, Lex Luthor, Zod, Bizarro, Mister Mxyzptlk, etc. also usually world-to-universe threats, usually the latter."

Pandalumina

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The guy above me is really butthurt.

mightyapeking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@panda_emperorix: agreed and goku isn't even a super hero he is more like a warrior even akira didn't plan for goku to be an alien how is goku related to superman just becasue their background is similar doesn't mean they are similar

Loading Video...

akira doesn't even like superman look what he did he made a joke character of superman

mightyapeking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@overmonitor: just because their background is similar doesn't me goku was based on superman goku is more like a warrior and superman is just a superhero

even if you think goku has similarities to superman it doesn't matter goku is infinitely more like sun wukong than he is like superman

oh i got another fact from the kazenshuu

Toriyama’s own Son Goku — whose name is simply the Japanese reading of the same name in Chinese, Sun Wukong (孫悟空) — is one of Dragon Ball‘s obvious, early parallels to Journey to the West. Goku’s Nyoi-bō and Kinto-un are also adapted wholesale from the novel. Other direct equivalents include Bulma taking the place of the traveling priest Xuanzang, while Oolong takes the place of the lecherous pig monster Zhu Bajie.

give up goku is like the reincarnation of sun wukong

Overmonitor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Overmonitor

@mightyapeking: I don't waste time with trolls. Keep calling be butthurt, like that hurts my feelings. You're delusional or lying about your beliefs.

You agree they're similar then say they aren't similar in the same sentence. I almost fell for your trolling.

mightyapeking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By mightyapeking

@overmonitor said:

@mightyapeking: I don't waste time with trolls. Keep calling be butthurt, like that hurts my feelings. You're delusional or lying about your beliefs.

in no way am i trolling because i'm telling the truth you're the one who is delusion can't accept fact you are the one who keeps lying about your own belief goku is based on sun wukong not superman full stop

You agree they're similar then say they aren't similar in the same sentence. I almost fell for your trolling.

i never agreed they are similar i agreed that their background have some similarities that doesn't mean they are similar like how goku and sun wukong have a lot of similarities again stop trolling in no way am i trolling the fact is goku wasn't based on superman you're just delusional to think that akira even mentioned that he intend goku to be more like sun wukong like when he said he didn't intend goku to be an alien

so just stop trolling

again let me show you facts

Toriyama’s own Son Goku — whose name is simply the Japanese reading of the same name in Chinese, Sun Wukong (孫悟空) — is one of Dragon Ball‘s obvious, early parallels to Journey to the West. Goku’s Nyoi-bō and Kinto-un are also adapted wholesale from the novel. Other direct equivalents include Bulma taking the place of the traveling priest Xuanzang, while Oolong takes the place of the lecherous pig monster Zhu Bajie.

Avatar image for masterofluck123
MasterOfLuck123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nope. It would change his fighting style IMO.

With reality warping powers, all of his energy-based moves like kamehameha for example would be rendered useless.

I don't know much about magic though.

mightyapeking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nope. It would change his fighting style IMO.

With reality warping powers, all of his energy-based moves like kamehameha for example would be rendered useless.

I don't know much about magic though.

he would then be more like the character he was based on if he had magic with reality warping i think kamehameha would still be useful for destructive capacity depending what level of reality warping he gets

ScouterV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mightyapeking: why would i give a crap what 1) two random people think or 2) rather or not you believe your favorite character is a ripoff. His origin is definitely inspired by Superman like it or not. Why would I be hurt? I dare you to find a single post from me defending Superman.

From DBZ the similarities are too much to ignore. You like Wiki? I don't. But I will quote something too.

"1) Origins: Goku is from planet Vegeta, sent to Earth just before Vegeta explodes. Once he lands on Earth, a humble old man (Grandpa Gohan) finds him & raises him into a very caring individual. Superman, similarly, is from the planet Krypton, sent to Earth just before Krypton explodes. Once he lands, an older couple, (also humble people), raise him into a very caring individual. Also, they were both sent to Earth in space pods (neat fact).

2) Biological Fathers: Both Goku & Superman's fathers were highly respected in their societies. The Saiyans(Goku's race)were a warrior race, with Bardock, Goku's father, being the strongest/best warrior of his time, (proven by him becoming the second known Super Saiyan and surpassing the sayain king's power level before Bardock reached his prime). The Kryptonians (Superman's race) were a scientific/technological race, Superman's father Jor-El was the top scientist of his time, shown by his various advances in technology & science with the Fortress of Solitude & his crystals being examples. So essentially, both biological fathers were at the "top" of their societies main profession.

3) Powers: Goku & Superman both have the following powers do to their alien origins...strength (incalculable limits), speed (both can move at supersonic speeds appearing as flicks in the air but Goku can teleport too), durability (extremely powerful force needed to hurt them), senses (better than top predator animals known, and longevity (stay in prime condition/appearance for hundreds of years), even being considered the most powerful non-magical beings of their respected universes. Abilities that they share also include flight (supersonic) & energy projection (ki blast/heat or x-ray vision).

4) Physiology affected by special radiation: Goku & all saiyans transform into giant monkey capable of incredible destruction whenever they are exposed to Green Spectrum radiation, usually in the form of Blutz Waves produced by a full moon, if the moon or his tail is destroyed or blocked/ cut off, he returns to normal. Superman infamously in the presence of Green Kryptonite radiation suffers intense pain until the Green Kryptonite is removed from his presence.

5) Role Models: Goku & Superman are both continuously used as examples of good role models. The reason is because both have good values of caring for all people, family, friends, and second chances to those in need of it. Examples of the last point because it may be debatable is Goku giving chances of redemption to Piccolo & Vegeta or Superman giving Bizarro & Livewire chances of redemption.

6) Global: Both heroes are now usually not (at least anymore) restricted to saving one area but the whole world & many times the entire universe too. Great examples of this is their current rouges gallery, Goku has Frieza, Cell, Buu, Raditz, Omega Shenron, Cooler, Janemba, Andriods, Broly, Dr. Geru, Garlick jr., etc. which are all world-to-universe threats, usually the latter. Superman has Darkseid, Doomsday, Brainiac, Lex Luthor, Zod, Bizarro, Mister Mxyzptlk, etc. also usually world-to-universe threats, usually the latter."

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for buttersdaman000
buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@micah said:

No.

This isn't directly at you, but I just find it hilarious that a lot of the people who frequent this board had the audacity to call Superman overpowered. And now, even with his ~galaxy level power, we still have people wanting him to be resistant to magic and reality warping?? On to p of that there are people making outlandish arguments to prove that his ki can combat radiation. Can the man have weaknesses????

micah007123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@micah said:

No.

This isn't directly at you, but I just find it hilarious that a lot of the people who frequent this board had the audacity to call Superman overpowered. And now, even with his ~galaxy level power, we still have people wanting him to be resistant to magic and reality warping?? On to p of that there are people making outlandish arguments to prove that his ki can combat radiation. Can the man have weaknesses????

I mean with God Ki I think it would make sense for him to be resistant to some forms of hax. It would certainly make battles Goku's involved in around here more interesting if someone can't just wave their hand or say something backwards and banish him to Neatherealm lol.

buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@micah said:
@buttersdaman000 said:
@micah said:

No.

I mean with God Ki I think it would make sense for him to be resistant to some forms of hax. It would certainly make battles Goku's involved in around here more interesting if someone can't just wave their hand or say something backwards and banish him to Neatherealm lol.

Which is just another way of avoiding the notion that he might be he overpowered one now?? I mean, I don't care at all. I was just going through these threads and I notice how quickly people flipped their scripts on power levels. When we were arguing that Superman beats Goku, you'd have a good portion of people using the overpowered argument. Now, that Goku is LEGITIMATELY galaxy level, those same people are getting pissy that he might have weaknesses, so the only resort is to argue that his god ki should be able to circumvent those possible weaknesses?? It's just funny to me.

micah007123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By micah007123

@buttersdaman000 said:
@micah said:
@buttersdaman000 said:
@micah said:

No.

Which is just another way of avoiding the notion that he might be he overpowered one now?? I mean, I don't care at all.

Well to make my stance clear I don't mind him being defeated in such a way. It's just that he doesn't have resistance to these things at all. So you end up with a guy who can threaten the whole universe possibly being defeated by a low-level Telepath, Telekenetic, Matter Manipulator, ect. Which imo is unacceptable for someone in his weightclass to loose to opponents of that level, which is why I believe he should at least get some resistance to these types of things.

I was just going through these threads and I notice how quickly people flipped their scripts on power levels. When we were arguing that Superman beats Goku, you'd have a good portion of people using the overpowered argument. Now, that Goku is LEGITIMATELY galaxy level, those same people are getting pissy that he might have weaknesses, so the only resort is to argue that his god ki should be able to circumvent those possible weaknesses?? It's just funny to me.

To be fair Top Tiers at the end of Z were at least Multi-Solar System, so even before Super I would have argued that Goku still beat Superman and never resorted to that cop out, but that's another argument. I do understand your point though, but again I just don't think he should be COMPLETELY defenseless to these types of attacks for someone of his weightclass. God Ki is already supposed to be immune to poison, telepathy, and forms of matter manipulation but most of this comes from Xenoverse. So it remains to be seen if this will carry over to the anime/manga.

buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@micah said:
@buttersdaman000 said:
@micah said:
@buttersdaman000 said:
@micah said:

No.

Which is just another way of avoiding the notion that he might be he overpowered one now?? I mean, I don't care at all.

Well to make my stance clear I don't mind him being defeated in such a way. It's just that he doesn't have resistance to these things at all. So you end up with a guy who can threaten the whole universe possibly being defeated by a low-level Telepath, Telekenetic, Matter Manipulator, ect. Which imo is unacceptable for someone in his weightclass to loose to opponents of that level, which is why I believe he should at least get some resistance to these types of things.

I was just going through these threads and I notice how quickly people flipped their scripts on power levels. When we were arguing that Superman beats Goku, you'd have a good portion of people using the overpowered argument. Now, that Goku is LEGITIMATELY galaxy level, those same people are getting pissy that he might have weaknesses, so the only resort is to argue that his god ki should be able to circumvent those possible weaknesses?? It's just funny to me.

To be fair Top Tiers at the end of Z were at least Multi-Solar System, so even before Super I would have argued that Goku still beat Superman but that's another argument. I do understand your point though, but again I just don't think he should be COMPLETELY defenseless to these types of attacks for someone of his weightclass. God Ki is already supposed to be immune to poison, telepathy, and forms of matter manipulation but most of this comes from Xenoverse. So it remains to be seen if this will carry over to the anime/manga.

Fair enough, but really, why would that be such a bad thing?? Everyone, save omnipotent characters, needs their kryptonite. I don't think it would be such a bad thing if a "low level" telepath for instance can contend with Goku in the right conditions, just like an energy manipulator can contend with Superman. I mean, like with Superman, there are always ways to circumvent weaknesses. If Goku was weak to telepathy, and you're in a BF debate, just resort to speed blitz, IDK.

Well, I disagree with them being multi-solar system level since we JUST saw star destruction in Super, a feat below solar system. But, it's off topic. Again, though, I don't see weaknesses as a bad thing. Maybe not a complete lack of defenses as you said, but if I wanna argue that someone like SS mind jacks Goku in a battle, I shouldn't have dozens of fanboys getting pissy that he has vulnerabilities.

Avatar image for precrisisbardock
PreCrisisBardock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thread needs Chemotherapy

Reality Warping and Magic would go contrary to the theme that hard work determination friendship love teamwork and redemption can defeat anything.

If he got some resistance that'd be cool, but I wouldn't want the story any more ruined than it is currently because I want something else to use in my debates.

micah007123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By micah007123

@buttersdaman000 said:

Fair enough, but really, why would that be such a bad thing?? Everyone, save omnipotent characters, needs their kryptonite. I don't think it would be such a bad thing if a "low level" telepath for instance can contend with Goku in the right conditions, just like an energy manipulator can contend with Superman. I mean, like with Superman, there are always ways to circumvent weaknesses. If Goku was weak to telepathy, and you're in a BF debate, just resort to speed blitz, IDK.

It's a bad thing because you'll never see someone like Superboy Prime, Odin, or Mr Majestic being dropped by a low level telepath. All characters Goku can stand side by side with or at least close to in terms of raw power. But as you said every character needs their kryptonite, it's just that for as powerful as Goku is it would make more sense if that weakness came from a high level telepath or another strange ability. I think this should be the case for all Top characters, even Superman has SOME degree of mental protection to ward off weak telepaths even if he's still vulnerable to telepathic attacks.

Well, I disagree with them being multi-solar system level since we JUST saw star destruction in Super, a feat below solar system. But, it's off topic.

Well Cell was in fact Solar System Level. Something I know you'd disagree with because he never destroyed the Solar System, but Akira's writing style is simple. He makes it clear when a character is bluffing or lying, secondly all guidebooks (not the Daizenshuu, current ones) state at his max he was in fact Solar System Level, and lastly Akira actually addressed the controversy before in an interview with a response that was basically "so your going to argue with the writer?"

I don't mean to start an argument about this, I just wanted to say my piece.

Again, though, I don't see weaknesses as a bad thing. Maybe not a complete lack of defenses as you said, but if I wanna argue that someone like SS mind jacks Goku in a battle, I shouldn't have dozens of fanboys getting pissy that he has vulnerabilities.

And if you were to argue that I'd be fine with it, heck I might even support you. I just think it would be better if Surfer had to apply effort to "mind jack" him instead of just casually doing this to such a powerful opponent.

buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@micah said:
@buttersdaman000 said:

It's a bad thing because you'll never see someone like Superboy Prime, Odin, or Mr Majestic being dropped by a low level telepath. All characters Goku can stand side by side with or at least close to in terms of raw power. But as you said every character needs their kryptonite, it's just that for as powerful as Goku is it would make more sense if that weakness came from a high level telepath or another strange ability. I think this should be the case for all Top characters, even Superman has SOME degree of mental protection to ward off weak telepaths even if he's still vulnerable to telepathic attacks.

Well, I disagree with them being multi-solar system level since we JUST saw star destruction in Super, a feat below solar system. But, it's off topic.

Well Cell was in fact Solar System Level. Something I know you'd disagree with because he never destroyed the Solar System, but Akira's writing style is simple. He makes it clear when a character is bluffing or lying, secondly all guidebooks (not the Daizenshuu, current ones) state at his max he was in fact Solar System Level, and lastly Akira actually addressed the controversy before in an interview with a response that was basically "so your going to argue with the writer?"

Again, though, I don't see weaknesses as a bad thing. Maybe not a complete lack of defenses as you said, but if I wanna argue that someone like SS mind jacks Goku in a battle, I shouldn't have dozens of fanboys getting pissy that he has vulnerabilities.

And if you were to argue that I'd be fine with it, heck I might even support you. I just think it would be better if Surfer had to apply effort to "mind jack" him instead of just casually doing this to such a powerful opponent.

But you'd see Superboy Prime being dropped by darkness and kyrptonite quick af, as well as dozens of characters stronger than him.

Odin has magical prophecies and whatnot that double as weaknesses like the Odin sleep for example.

Mr. Majestic, I don't think he has any weaknesses per say, but in his universe he also has telepaths capable of taking him down(I think).

I'm not saying that somebody like Matt Parkman should be able to drop him, but when you specify that you only want high level telepathy, reality warpers, matter manipulators or whatever to be able to affect Goku it just makes me think that you're trying to have your cake and eat it too. As far as Superman, he went through years of mental training to be able fight off telepaths and even then no writer really acknowledges that. Usually, when he fights off telepaths, its through mental fortitude and will.

I'll say it time and time again, you can't change the rules of debate/proof to accommodate the writing style of DBZ. It's that simple. You'll notice that now that we have actual proof of these feats, nobody is contending the FACT that Goku is galaxy+ level? But when you're argument basically boils down to Akira being the writer, then battle forums will just become people using "writer" versions of characters without the legitimate proof to back it up. Like, i'll use Chris Robinson Superman, because according to him, Superman reaction and speed extends beyond the attosecond range. Or, Kevin Grievoux, the creator of Blue Marvel, who intended for him to be stronger than Superman and Thor, yet never wrote a feat to back that claim up. Sorry, but regardless of what Akira said, actions still trump words, and it took him 20+ years to even show a star blowing up. So, as far as i'm concerned, on panel evidence is the end-all-be-all, and Cell was not a Solar System buster, just a overly cocky villain who as boasting about his strength.....something he did more than a few times anyways. Basically, writers/creators aren't infallible. If that weren't the case, George Lucas would still be in control of his universe.

Again, I think this is just a case of you wanting your cake and eating it too. Why should SS have to apply any effort to mind jack somebody like Goku???

micah007123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By micah007123

@buttersdaman000 said:
@micah said:
@buttersdaman000 said:

But you'd see Superboy Prime being dropped by darkness and kyrptonite quick af, as well as dozens of characters stronger than him.

Odin has magical prophecies and whatnot that double as weaknesses like the Odin sleep for example.

Mr. Majestic, I don't think he has any weaknesses per say, but in his universe he also has telepaths capable of taking him down(I think).

True but those are specialty weaknesses for them (minus Prime being physically overpowered, which is not a weakness similar to what were talking about). Nothing like Telepathy, which for all intents and purposes is a common ability.

I'm not saying that somebody like Matt Parkman should be able to drop him, but when you specify that you only want high level telepathy, reality warpers, matter manipulators or whatever to be able to affect Goku it just makes me think that you're trying to have your cake and eat it too. As far as Superman, he went through years of mental training to be able fight off telepaths and even then no writer really acknowledges that. Usually, when he fights off telepaths, its through mental fortitude and will.

I think you get it now, I just don't want someone like Matt Parkman to drop him it just doesn't make sense for a character as powerful as Goku to go down to someone like him, but people will argue he does largely because he has little to no TP Resistance to speak of. But I think we understand each other on this, so we can close this point.

I'll say it time and time again, you can't change the rules of debate/proof to accommodate the writing style of DBZ. It's that simple. You'll notice that now that we have actual proof of these feats, nobody is contending the FACT that Goku is galaxy+ level?

I disagree, plenty are still contending the fact that Goku is at least galaxy+ level. Just go check out some of the recent battles, thing is in terms of the feats were using to label Goku Galaxy+ Goku and Beerus still didn't destroy the Universe even though they were stated to be capable of doing just that. This case is no different than Cells tbh, villain is stated to be strong enough to destroy something, then hero challenges attack overpowers said attack and prevents the destruction. Yet we are fine with accepting this with Beerus and not Cell even though both cases are the same. You will probably bring up the fact that we saw shockwaves with Goku and Beerus example but we saw visual representation for Cell as well and he was implied to have received an enormous boost in power. I think it's just a case of not wanting to admit SS2 level characters who are now bugs compared to current Goku were capable of Solar System annihilation.

Here a statement from traskindustries about Galaxy Level DB

"

I dont know why you think I'm some Saint Seiya fan, I'm just here to keep you DB wankers in check, when you start spouting some insane bs like Beerus or Goku are universal level. Theyre not even galaxy level via feats, only with statements and hyperbole. That might be fine for DB wankers, but its not an acceptable feat on Battles-board. Also using non-canon material as a source for feats is just pathetic.

Anyway, I'm sorry that your favorite ultra mega kamehame ha gods arent as powerful as you thought. Carry on, buddy."

People disagree. Plenty of people...........

ically boils down to Akira being the writer, then battle forums will just become people using "writer" versions of characters without the legitimate proof to back it up."

Well as I said previously all of the current Guidebooks back up Cell's claim (which for several debates I've been in is the reason many will accept the claim). Even before Battle of the Gods Akira stated that Cells claim was in fact true, and if it helps several of the games which he wrote the scripts for even show Cell destroying the Solar System with his Solar Kamehameha.

Like, i'll use Chris Robinson Superman, because according to him, Superman reaction and speed extends beyond the attosecond range. Or, Kevin Grievoux, the creator of Blue Marvel, who intended for him to be stronger than Superman and Thor, yet never wrote a feat to back that claim up. Sorry, but regardless of what Akira said, actions still trump words, and it took him 20+ years to even show a star blowing up.

Yet most agree Hyperion has Universal Strength even though we only saw him holding back two planets and not something that could be called two entire universes. Which has actually been argued before, the only reason Hyperion is accepted for being as powerful as he is comes from statements from the author. Statements that have been used before in CAV's and accepted as valid evidence. You can talk about completely disregarding the author's input but at that point your just putting yourself above the writer. For your examples when you analyze everything its a case of you or another debater simply not wanting to accept said character is stronger than a character with 100's of feats, when the former just has a statement or so. It's also worth noting that your examples aren't necessarily the best since manga and comics function much differently from each other. The most obvious being Goku has one consistent script writer and progresses on a linear ladder, while Superman has 100's of different writers to have taken a stab at writing him and has a status quo that can radically change each week and while you can attempt to argue it's the same case with DBZ it's still to MUCH lesser degree.

So, as far as i'm concerned, on panel evidence is the end-all-be-all, and Cell was not a Solar System buster, just a overly cocky villain who as boasting about his strength.....something he did more than a few times anyways. Basically, writers/creators aren't infallible. If that weren't the case, George Lucas would still be in control of his universe.

While I agree Feats>Statements, I do not support completely tossing writer input to the side with such a complete disregard of authority. If you want you can check Kaizenshuu for the interview I keep referencing, but Akira himself was flabbergasted that internet folk were acting like they know more about Cell than he does.

Again, I think this is just a case of you wanting your cake and eating it too. Why should SS have to apply any effort to mind jack somebody like Goku???

I thought we addressed this. For a character as powerful as Goku is it wouldn't make sense for him to just be dropped by casual low-level TP. Now if Sufer used his TP to a higher level to bring down such a powerful opponent it would make much more sense.

Anyway this is my last reply. I'm starving now and the Thanksgiving food is finally here lol. Happy Thanksgiving.

buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@micah:

Look, I know that speculation has to be used in some form when discussing these characters but I just think the situation with Cell is taking it too far. The difference between his claim, and Beerus being a galaxy buster+ even though we haven't seen him do it, is simply the feats they actually have prior. Yes, I will use the shockwave feat, but I will also use the ease of which Beerus and people of his level have destroyed planets and stars. Whereas in Cells case, DBZ jumped from multi-planet to solar system level, where even by the most egregious power scaling that doesn't make sense. And on top of that, you have significantly stronger characters failing to exhibit close to that amount of power by the end of DBZ. That's my 2 cents on that.

Using the data books one also had plenty of evidence pointing to 4 galaxies, though. So, like i've been saying for a while on this site, databooks are double edged swords and shouldn't be referenced

I don't know anything about Hyperion, but if theres on panel evidence of him holding back two universes, and author clarification, then he probably did hold back two universes. From there, one has to analyze whether that feat is high end or consistent.

"putting myself above the write"

See, I don't agree with statements like this at all. How am I putting myself above the writer? Do you put yourself above the writer when you analyze essays, and books?? No. I'm not telling the author what and how to write, but within the battle forums it's up to analyze what he/she did write and debate accordingly. So, statements like that should have no place when debating two characters. Furthermore, it does;t matter if manga and comics work differently. We shouldn't have to change rules to accommodate for one. For that very reason is why anime battles were regulated to animevice years ago. Now that that's site down, you can't expect for manga/anime to have some special exemption from the rules and logic. So, the writing examples do apply.

What authority does a writer have on the battle forums??? Can they come in and veto battle results they don't like?? Akira can be flabbergasted all he wants, but it's his fault for not expressing his intent better. If he wanted to show that his characters were solar system level why does the evidence supporting that stem only from that one statement??

Surfer doesn't have low level TP.

Yeah, happy thanksgiving

mysticmedivh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Goku with telekinesis would be better.

mightyapeking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just_Naufal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Just_Naufal

I would like to see if Toriyama or Toyota to make Goku so he could gain hax that's focusing on UI, Goku is so Focused to enemy, he can only use his sense only at the enemy, the more and more his body take over his mind, the more he gains immunity to any abilities. Example :

1. Any 1-5th dimensional ability : He lost his sense of Smelling.

2. Any 1-6th Dimensional Ability : He lost his sense of Touch.

3. Any 1-7th Dimensional Ability : He lost his sense of Hearing.

4. Any 1-8th Dimensional Ability : He lost his sense of sight.

5. Any Ability : He lost all sense he has left.

He can only uses his senses on the enemy. The more his body take over him, the more power he gains. Seriously, Goku needs hax!

Just_Naufal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Just_Naufal

@gelato_exotic: imagine Goku with reality warp or metapotence, seriously, this man can still stand up to other anime characters that has hax's Goku doesn't have hax so that's pretty impressive. I wouldn't be surprised if Goku fused with the Super Dragon Balls.

Just_Naufal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Just_Naufal

@gelato_exotic: I mean, DBS is pretty hated Goku himself is pretty hated, he deserves something that's above reality warp

in anime, because he has progressed through the anime and same goes for Vegeta, and the Z Fighters also deserves to have one or two certain hax, and make the enemies more powerful than ever, and I don't see if DB will be unsuccessful because of that.

Just_Naufal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Just_Naufal

@gelato_exotic: @gelato_exotic: I can't really disagree since I agree with you, but I just found so many hate on Goku, Goku is pretty hated, example, if someone makes a video "I hate Vegeta" then many people will dislike it but if you make a video called "I hate Goku" then there will be more likes, the proof is in the internet. Sorry, I don't know either I read so much hate on Goku, or there is so much hate on Goku, because when I see a Goku vs anime character debate, when the character can stomp him, they make it, more like suing him, and Xeno Goku needs to be more powerful or something, I mean, think of Ren Fujji, Battler Ushiromiya, Madoka, STTGL, they can beat Xeno Goku, he needs haxes.

Just_Naufal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gelato_exotic: no but Seriously he needs to have at least an immunity to any Hax from any dimensional being in anime either he's stronger or weaker, he can be the Goku we usually know, and also being a powerful being that can stomp overpowered characters.

gelato_exotic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@just_naufal: since when has he been disrespected lol, and I dunno who any of those are so I can't say anything about that, I've only heard of battler uhsiromya's name from these battle forums.