#1 Edited by Killemall (18607 posts) - - Show Bio

As with most of my other threads this is not a respect thread but rather a thread that details the chronology of Dormammu showing major things that has happened to Dormammu which would include both his highs and low. The thread as of yet is INCOMPLETE. i am reading up on Dormammu while uploading the thread and hopefully will complete the thread by the end of the week.

Strange Tales 126: At some point in the past Ancient One fought Dormammu

Strange Tales 126: There is a 2 dimensional realm within Dark Dimension, and hence the terms dimensions within dimension used to describe Dark Dimension is correct and supported by on panel evidence

Strange Tales 127: Dormammu vs Dr. Strange, and Dormammu was easily winning

Strange Tales 127: A prolongued battle with Dr. Strange has caused the barrier, created by Dormammu, imprisoning Mindless Ones weaken. Mindless One are free, Dormammu is struggling to stop them, Dr. Strange helps him, Mindless Ones get stopped and because Dormammu needed Dr. Strange help he considers this as a defeat vows never to enter Earth Dimension

Marvel Handbook 2006 backs the whole incident

Strange Tales 134: Clea frees the Mindless Ones, but Dormammu manages to trap them

Strange tales 135: Finds Clea's betrayal

Strange Tales 136: Imprisons Clea but looks clearly scared of Eternity

Strange Tales 138: Eternity refused to help Dr. Strange and Dormammu captured Ancient One

Strange Tales 139: Unhappy with Mordo, Dormammu himself enters the fight

Strange Tales 140: Dormammu drag everyone into a netural dimension, but chooses to challange Dr. Strange in a pure h2h fight, the winner takes earth. Mordro strucks Dr. Strange from being and he is temporarily knocked out

Strange Tales 141: Banishes Mordro, rematch with Dr. Strange and loses the rematch

Marvel Saga 21 recollects the whole story arc

Marvel handbook 2006 backs up the whole instance

Marvel Handbook 1992 states that Dormammu is physically stronger than a normal human of same size, but given his defeat in the hands of Dr. Strange the difference between Dormammu's physical strength vs normal human likely isnt huge

Strange Tales 144: We get more information of Clea's banishment

Strange Tales 146: Dormammu in his anger fights Eternity and himself gets destroyed.

Marvel Handbook 2006 backs the whole incident, and clearly says Eternity is superior to Dormammu

Strange Tales 147: More reference to Dormammu vs Eternity fight

Strange Tales 151: Checking through Dormammu history, Umar gets to see Dormammu vs Eternity. Her first word upon seeing this was "He dares to challenge Eternity! by the seven rings of Raggador, had my brother taken leave of his senses". More solidifies the fact that Eternity is superior to Dormammu, by quite a margin it would seem

Strange Tales 171: Return of Dormammu

Strange Tales 172: Details of what happened to Dormammu after his fight with Eternity

Strange Tales 173: Overpowers and Chains Dr. Strange

Strange Tales 173: Clea and Victoria push Umar to free Dr. Strange

Strange Tales 173: Strange finally beats Dormammu on earth, because of a plot. The plot was because Dormammu vowed never to enter earth, the moment he enters Earth dimension he is extremely weaked

Avengers Volume 1, 115: Dormammu forms an alliance with Loki

Defenders volume 1, 08: Dormammu intercepted a pyschi message from Black Knight, changed it, and sent it to earth enough to fool Dr. Strange.

Defenders vol 1, 10: Turns civilians into monsters

Avengers volume 1, 118: Earth Dimension and Dark Dimension starts merging

Avengers vol 1 , 118: Dormammu pwns Loki but he seem a bit scared of Watcher, fortunately for him the Watcher doesnt attack

Defenders vol 1 118: Both Avengers and Defenders are completely helpless against Dormammu with evil 1, bar 1, Scarlet Witch. Loki distract Dormammu and thanks to Wanda hex Evil eye does the job.

Marvel Handbook 2006 backs the whole instance

Doctor Strange Volume 1, 06: Return of the Dread Dormammu

Bring on the bad guys: Stan Lee comments on the origin of Dormammu

Doctor Strange vol 1 7: Explains what happened to him after Evil Eye

Marvel Handbook 1992 backs Dormammu's statement

Marvel handbook 1992 also states its unsure if Dormammu can actually be killed permanently by anymeans

Doctor Strange vol 1 08: Having most of his power restored, Dormammu rises

Giant Size Avengers vol 1 04: Dormammu initially controlled Scarlet Witch, who eventually broke control thanks to her love for Vision, and whacked Dormammu with a plot device :p, take that Mr. Flamehead :p

Doctor Strange vol 1, 09: Dormammu grew 8000ft tall, but lost to Umar

Marvel handbook adds 2 things.

1. Marvel Handbook 2006 :When Dormammu banished Umar he did so by tricking her (this is later shown on panel as well)

2. Marvel Handbook 1992: Because Dormammu is a pure mystical being as opposed to Umar, he can channel mystical energies better than Umar, which is what makes him more powerful

Doctor Strange vol 1, 09: When Dormammu was threatening all of earth, Gaea herself work up and defeated Dormammu.

Doctor Strange Sorcerer Supreme has a quick recall of this instance

Ghost Rider vol 1 30: Made Johnny Blaze, Dormammu and Dr. Strange switch bodies

Ghost Rider vol 1 31: Explanation of how switching body takes place and Dr. Strange won

Dr. Strange - master of the mystic art 50:

Dormammu reborn again

Amazing Spiderman Annual vol 1 04: Dormammu power used to create a robot out of thin air

Thor Vol 1, Annual 09: The chess match between Thor and Odin

Doctor Strange Master of the Mystic Arts 71

: Dormammu origin

Dr. Strange Sorcerer Supreme 22:

More Origin

Connection between Dormammu and the mindless Ones

Dormammu was orginally a humonoid

Dormammu transformed himself into pure mystical energy which allows him to channel the energies better

Dr Strange: Master of the Mystic Arts 57:

Using Dormammu own power as well as getting help from Morganna Dr. Strange beat Dormammu

Marvel handbook 1992 backs the whole stuff

Marvel handbook 2006 backs the whole stuff up as well

Dr Strange: Sorcerer Supreme 01: Explanined what happened after the last defeat ^^, took over Dr. Strange's body, explains himself as Odin or Zeus Equal

Marvel handbook 2006 corroborates the whole incident

In regards to Dormammu comparing himself with Skyfather, Marvel handbook 1992 think Dormammu is skyfather level as well

Marvel handbook 2006 now explains how Dormammu got defeated

Dr. Strange Sorcerer Supreme 02: Explained what happened after his last fight ^^, it also says how Dormammu weakens outside his realm

Same issue starts to control his powers better vowed to replace the Celestials

Nearly powerless Dr. Strange uses needless sorrow, and help from Clea who now has the crown of regency beat Dormammu

Dr. Strange Sorcerer Supreme 22: Explains what happened after the last battle ^^ and he returned

Takes the flame of regency from Clea

Fights and beats Umar

Dr. Strange Sorcerer Supreme 23:

Dr. Strange saves Umar using eye of Agamatto

Amped by all the power of Dark Dimension Dormammu victorious against Dr. Strange

Dormammu recalls fighting Ancient One in the past

Dr. Strange sorcerer Supreme 24:

Fight Mhuruukh and then the guardian

Umar and Mordro form a union, Dr. Strange and Clea stand together vs Dormammu. So basically 4 vs 1, and Dormammu is force to negotiate a peaceful agreement

Dr. Strange Sorcerer Supreme 49:Dr. Strange lost the power of the principalities and Dormammu rises at his most powerful

Dr. Strange Sorcerer Supreme 50:

Gathered the Defenders, took GRs powers, with a little help of PIS beat Dormammu

Dr. Strange Sorcerer Supreme 45: Saw Goddess with 30 cosmic cube as a genuine threat to his Dark Dimension

Dr Strange Flight of the Bones 04: Lost to Dr. Strange, again, and this time plot was his connection to the underchild

X-men Hellfire Club 01: Stomped Hiram Shaw, however its left unclear if this was only a nightmare of an actual stompage

Hellcat 01: Mephisto is shown capable of watching what happens in the Dark Dimension

Hellcat 02:

Umar is held captive by Dormammu, who then attacks Hades. With Sattanis helping him out and tricking Mephisto, Dormammu takes over Hades and causes Mephisto to flee

Hellcat 03: Damien Hellstrom froze hell, that depowered Dormammu and allowed Mephisto to take back Hades

Marvel handbook 2006 vouches the whole incident

Magik 01:

Dormammu enters Limbo

Magik 02: It is revealed that Dormammu is not here to fight but rather because a new villian, later dubbed The Archenemy, as arisen and is destroying the splinter realm (pocket universe attributed to magical properties surrounding 616 actuality) one after the another.

Magik 03: Mephisto is made to flee Hades, Surtur realm is also fallen, the ArchNemesis arrives and Demons band together , merge their realm, and united stand against the power ArchNemesis

Magik 04:

Combined power of the demons, and the realm, channeled through magic sword finally proved enough

Marvel handbook 2006 backs the whole incident

The OtherWorld War: Dormammu stomps the Red Skull but is tricked by Ancient One's magic

Marvel handbook 2006 vouches the whole incident

Amazing Spiderman vol 2 57: Return of Dormammu and mindless ones

Amazing Spiderman vol 2 58: Dr. Strange vs Dormammu, Dr. Strange wins but a back-lash of magic sent him and spiderman hurling through the time stream

Defenders vol 3 01: Dormammu apparently ate the council of netherworld when they disagreed with him, he has allied himself with Umar and Umar's power now flows through Dormammu. There is also a shift in comics axis greatly empowering the two of them.

Defenders vol 3 2: Dormammu in his own dimension stomps the Defenders, gets the eye of Agamatto and enters Eternity's realm.

Defenders vol 3 3: Dormammu take down Eternity, off panel, steals his power and then remakes entire 616 reality into Dormammu verse

Defenders vol 3 04: We finally get to see Dormammu verse in full Glory

Defenders vol 3 05: Dormammu is tricked by Dr. Strange into fighting fair (i.e. giving up the power of Eternity he had stolen) this is what causes Dormammu to because not only has he lost the power of Eternity, Umar was sucking out Dormammu power as well

Marvel handbook 2006 backs the whole incident

NOTE TO SELF: FOLDERS UPLOADED 73

#2 Posted by Mr_Ingenuity (8041 posts) - - Show Bio

@killemall: I'm under the impression some edits didn't make it during the move. But nice thread btw.

#3 Edited by Killemall (18607 posts) - - Show Bio

@killemall: I'm under the impression some edits didn't make it during the move. But nice thread btw.

more like 20 years worth of continuity of Dormammu didnot come, i could try and upload but if you notice you cant open the image all on the new link, but rather have to click on each individual image... very inconvenient..

I dislike the new move from comicvine.

#4 Posted by Mr_Ingenuity (8041 posts) - - Show Bio

@killemall: Certainly an inconvenience for the battle forms an respect threads. Ex. No more copy & pasting images. If it isn't broke don't fix it ಠ_ರೃ

#5 Posted by CosmicSpiral (5470 posts) - - Show Bio

Very good stuff all around. ^_^

#6 Edited by Killemall (18607 posts) - - Show Bio

@cosmicspiral said:

Very good stuff all around. ^_^

Thanks man , i actually invited you to check this when the thread was complete sadly when comicvine made a switch over most of the scans got lost.

Anyhow, lets see how much i can upload today.. once i am done, please just go thru it once and let me know if i have missed anything, or if there is something out of whack , after all you are the Dormammu expert around here.

Continuing off from where i left.

New Avengers 46: Hood was granted the power of Dormammu and with that power he can distinguish Skurlls from human. The feat is impressive because there Skrulls were meant to be virtually undetectable, even by advance gizmo from Tony Stark and Mr. Fantastic.

X Infernus 01: Dormammu alongside other hell lords seems extermely concerned about the power of the extra-dimensional gem stones, which was later used to free Elder Gods, same elder gods Legion killed.

New Avengers 50: Hood is granted the full power of Dark Dimension but he still struggles against the New Avengers. It was later (will post that scan next) revealed that was because despite having such vast power Hood had very little control over his powers.

New Avengers 51: It was revealed that while Hood has all the power of Dormammu and the Dark Dimension, he did not have control over it.

#7 Posted by TheAcidSkull (18802 posts) - - Show Bio

YOU ARE ON A ROLE MAN!

#8 Posted by Killemall (18607 posts) - - Show Bio

@theacidskull: I finished reading Dormammu about 2 weeks ago, still havent finished uploading. I have about 7 of his feats from 616 to upload and a whole bunch of alternate reality.

Then Stranger next :)

I enjoy making these threads.. glad at least this one's got a bit of attention.

#9 Edited by TheAcidSkull (18802 posts) - - Show Bio

@theacidskull: I finished reading Dormammu about 2 weeks ago, still havent finished uploading. I have about 7 of his feats from 616 to upload and a whole bunch of alternate reality.

Then Stranger next :)

I enjoy making these threads.. glad at least this one's got a bit of attention.

i thinks it's awesome that you are making these thread ^____^

#10 Posted by Killemall (18607 posts) - - Show Bio
#11 Edited by Killemall (18607 posts) - - Show Bio

Alright continuing from where i left off.

Hulk 11: Dormammu seemed very impressed with power of Grand Master, although for reason unknown thought his powers where mystical in nature.

Hulk 12: Rulk mocked Dormammu, apparently hurt him as well. He then killed the Grand Master, but got stopped by Galactus.

Captain Britain and MI 13 Annual 04: Manipulated Rachel into absorbing hell just for LOLz

Marvel Zombie 04: Jennifer Kale becomes his avatar

New Avengers 54:

Avengers, Dr. Strange, Brother Voodooo as Sorcerer Supreme and Hell Storm fight and banish Dormammu's essence from Hood's body

Marvel Zombine 4 04: Few minor power showing from Kale before she renounced Dormammu

#12 Edited by CosmicSpiral (5470 posts) - - Show Bio

In the reference to The Marvel Handbook 1992 (the proof that Dorm can channel mystic energies better than Umar), you accidentally posted the image of the reference to Marvel Handbook 2006.

The difference in physical strength between Doctor Strange and Dormammu was not apparent in Strange Tales #140, but remember the very severe limitations Dormammu put on himself in order to prove that he was superior in the arts of fighting. There are a few examples of being stronger than a peak human, especially during his reincarnation on Earth (during which he was not at full power) and his smacking around of Hulk after absorbing the energy from Eternity’s avatar. It’s most likely than his strength is intrinsically tied to magic since he had turned himself into a being of pure mystic energy. But since his history was retconned so that the Faltine became subatomic beings of pure energy, it’s impossible to determine the “true” strength of the humanoid body. It is likely as strong as he wants it to be.

I would recommend reading Dark Reign: The Hood as it offers a comprehensive view of Parker Robbin’s relationship with Dormammu and some examples of the power he can wield.

The Hulk series was silly and poorly written. Even with the Silver Surfer’s power, Red Hulk would have been little more than an ant to Dormammu. It’s important to note which appearances seem out of whack and which ones start a new trend; see his random ass description as a Hell Lord (which makes no sense given his established identity from the previous 30 years) starting from the Hellcat series in 2000.

You’re missing some critical pages in the Marvel Zombies 4 section. In issue #2 Dormammu clearly outlines his desire to possess the virus from Earth-2149 and tells the Hood to capture a specimen for him. He also warns the Hood of incoming danger in the same issue. In issue #3 he abandons the Hood to possess Jennifer.

#13 Posted by HolySerpent (12819 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanks for the upload

#14 Posted by Killemall (18607 posts) - - Show Bio
#15 Edited by Killemall (18607 posts) - - Show Bio

Dormammu appeared quite recently in Uncanny X-men 05 (Marvel Now) and was made to flee by Magik. At the end of the issue he teleported magic back to limbo next issue will have Dormammu vs Magik round 2

#16 Posted by laflux (17548 posts) - - Show Bio
#17 Edited by Killemall (18607 posts) - - Show Bio

@laflux: Thank you :)

Just trying to keep the thread upto date as far as possible.

Uncanny X-men Vol 3 , 06: This is pretty much the anticipated round 2 of Magik vs Dormammu, the recap and the issue itself pretty explicitly mentions that Magik is weakened, and hence Dormammu seem to clearly have the upper hand on Magik, Magik really look helpless against Dormammu. Strange part was, once Cyclops took off his visor, he was able to hurt Dormammu pretty solidly. The isnt over yet, will have to wait for the next issue.

#18 Edited by laflux (17548 posts) - - Show Bio

@laflux: Thank you :)

Just trying to keep the thread upto date as far as possible.

Uncanny X-men Vol 3 , 06: This is pretty much the anticipated round 2 of Magik vs Dormammu, the recap and the issue itself pretty explicitly mentions that Magik is weakened, and hence Dormammu seem to clearly have the upper hand on Magik, Magik really look helpless against Dormammu. Strange part was, once Cyclops took off his visor, he was able to hurt Dormammu pretty solidly. The isnt over yet, will have to wait for the next issue.

Yes it was mainly the idea of Cyclops hurting Dorm which was a bit off to me........................................

#19 Posted by TheDandyMan (1163 posts) - - Show Bio

Very nice.