• 100 results
gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck

Benedict Cumberbatch is ready to portray the Cinematic Universe's version of the Sorcerer Supreme--Doctor Strange. While some early set photos from Nepal surfaced online back in November, they didn't give us a full look at what Cumberbatch would look like. On this week's cover to Entertainment Weekly, we now have a better idea how he'll be dressed.

No Caption Provided

It appears he is wearing Doctor Strange's Cloak of Levitation and the Eye of Agamotto. The movie is in production until March 2016 and also stars Tilda Swinton, Rachel McAdams, Chiwetel Ejiofor, and Mads Mikkelsen. Marvel Studios still hasn't revealed the roles McAdams and Mikkelsen will be playing. It's said it will be revealed in EW's cover story. The issue is on sale Tuesday. Doctor Strange is in theaters on November 4, 2016.

What do you think of Doctor Strange's look from this image. Do you think it'll fit into the Cinematic Universe?

Update

EW has added some a couple images and some concept art HERE.

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Bl00dwerK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

SWEET!

sparty-dbq

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

Oh, HELL yes. He looks awesome.

CaptainCyke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I need a change of pants.

fables87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

He looks better then previous images I saw.

MaZeRaIII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

RisingBean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Looks cool.

MAZAHS117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Looks awesome!

Can anyone confirm that there's going to be actual MAGIC in this movie and not some "alien tech that we don't understand" mumbo-jumbo copout crap?

kcomicfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

WOW. He looks awesome.

Avatar image for madeinbangladesh
MadeinBangladesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

User Lists: 172

#10  Edited By MadeinBangladesh

~MiB

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#11 the_stegman  Moderator

Entertainment weekly gets all the first pics.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a4e0e8ea3dfb
deactivated-5a4e0e8ea3dfb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Like it though surprised they went with the more traditional look vice the streamlined appearance of the animated movie, which I thought was equally well done from a design perspective (script was a little weak)

On ign.com they've got a quote from Cumberbatch talking about experimenting with the posses and hand placement for spells and in this I'm hoping they follow the animated movie/go a Doctor Fate route and show them as a measure of will rather than having to use an incantation or invoke a deity. Using the symbols like on the cover would be a good way of distinguishing spells visually rather than having to speak. That way the magic in the MCU is a bit more distinct from, say, Harry Potter.

@bl00dwerk: side note - cool concept art though given Warhawk (think that's the dude's name on the far right) was featured in the last X-Men movie alongside Bishop and a few others wonder if Cable will even get a shot at the big screen. Would definitely have to be after the next film to establish Scott and Jean.....though for movies sake they should really simplify his background and just give him mid-level telekinesis and telepathy and the arm is necessary in the same vein as the Winter Soldiers vice going anywhere near the techno-virus/time traveling aspect.

longbowhunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

Wow! They went full on. Bravo Marvel.

deadpool25mm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

AWESOME!!! YESSS THIS IS THE AGE OF HEROES!!!

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

DrellAssassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

Looks awesome!

Can anyone confirm that there's going to be actual MAGIC in this movie and not some "alien tech that we don't understand" mumbo-jumbo copout crap?

Fiege has explicitly stated that this film will serve as the gateway for magic in the MCU.

Avatar image for misternefarious
MisterNefarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ltbrd: Tim Miller said Cable is basically a shoo-in character for Deadpool 2. I would kill for that.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79
deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Now that's cool.

INCSlayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

he is looking very Doctor Strange

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

@shazam117 said:

Looks awesome!

Fiege has explicitly stated that this film will serve as the gateway for magic in the MCU.

He must have changed his mind because he explicitly said the opposite before. In fact he said something along the lines of there being no need for real magic because high science and magic are virtually the same thing.

mickey-mouse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Loading Video...

superhoodie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Looks Amazing

Asgaard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shazam117 said:

Looks awesome!

When? Feige always associated Dr. Strange worldbuilding with quantum mechanics!

Either way Benedict looks fantastic in the role!

CodeComiX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Too awesome!! Can't wait for this one to blow us all away!

sinikettu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By sinikettu

He looks almost surprisingly Strange-like. Someone should give the casting & make-up a raise.

cmpunk4life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Awesome looks good. hope to see some of marvels cosmic beings and the vishanti!!!

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

UPDATE

A couple more images have been added to the original post.

d9000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

Yup, that's the guy!

Overmonitor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This could not have gone better. I love Benedict, my excitement is at an all-time high.

cmpunk4life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

going be awesome.

Avatar image for amazing_webhead
amazing_webhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 20

he looks awesome! glad the cloak of levitation is still a cloak, i was worried they'd do away with that

Penguin-Dust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Penguin-Dust

He looks cool, but at the same time, a bit cartoony. I don't know what to think. What's worse, I'll accept Ant-Man and he looks Power Ranger level cartoony, but I'm having trouble with this? I can't explain it either. I'll reserve any further judgment until I see it in motion (a teaser trailer). These publicity photos tend to distort my first impression in a negative way (looking at you Apocalypse).

Ducey13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Looks absolutely incredible. Dead on Balls accurate. What else can be said? Marvel does just an amazing job at casting (with very few exceptions i.e. Aaron taylor Johnson as Quicksilver). Always wondered why Joaquin Phoenix was their first choice. Cumberbatch looks so much better.

MisterNefarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I love how it looks entirely unlike anything Marvel has done so far. I was expecting his costume to look like Thor.

Nitpick: Wish the embroidery on the cape was gold and the eye wasn't a necklace. Super nitpicky. I'm very pleased with this look.

Cannot wait to see Dormammu or Shuma (one of those just has to be in this)

Jonez_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Jonez_

@misternefarious: Just the idea of Shuma-Gorath being mentioned in this movie gets me all giddy. He's one of my favorite villains in all of fiction.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Kind of curious if people want this gear to be the actual Cloak of Levitation and Eye of Agammoto or if it would be better (for MCU simplification of some comic concepts) for all who train under the Ancient to wear similar cloaks and the amulet is a focusing device vice the actual Eye?

I'm somewhat inclined toward the latter in order to keep down the amount of explanation required to give casual audiences the proper background on the mystical side of the MCU. Could still have the same effects we're used to in the comics (like the cloak altering its shape and appearance or the amulet being used to emit a light, green I guess in Strange's case given the center jewel, that dispels illusions or reveal something hidden) just that these aren't mystically specific objects.

Part of that inclination is not seeing Strange become the Sorcerer Supreme in this film but simply come into his own as a sorcerer through battle with Mordo. Save the passing of the Ancient and assumption of the title till the second film (even the title of the next film could be Doctor Strange: Sorcerer Supreme to indicate that transition sometime during it). Thus both objects are magical staples vice the vestments of a Sorcerer Supreme.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@misternefarious: yeah definitely down for that to occur, but could still see it working without time travel or techno-organic virus involvement. Given the new films still follow a timeline similar to the last trilogy (at least in some similar order of which students become X-Men and such....sorry all the Iceman fans) you could still have a young 20's Cable be the son of Scott and Jean by the time of Deadpool 2. Or give him a mix of parental abilities with just telepathy and optic blasts. Could go for that and give more justification to being more of a soldier that would be expected of telekinetic and telepathic capability.

derekvang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Straight outta the comic

KittyParker13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is gonna be good.

Snipergallo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

By the hoary hosts of Hoggoth!!! This is looking awesome

Synack1138

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

is this news? He looks as he suppose too.

Decept-O

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 6

Although I am not into Dr. Strange I admit Cumberbund...err..Cucumber...um...Cumberbatch... looks spot on! Nice job. Very intrigued how he will be portrayed.

MisterNefarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ltbrd: yeah but dude... Just imagine this film version of deadpool time traveling with Cable. Oh the antics

Don_Jay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ltbrd: I like the general look. I like the cloak, though it could use a bit gold on it. However I find the Eye disappointing. The whole amulet thing I'm fine with. But the look of it differs so much from it's original look, which is iconic on it's own, that I have to nitpick and bitch about it a little bit. Still, I can't wait for the movie.

butters911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's right out of the comics. When possible, I love when they do that

MisterNefarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@don_jay: I'm with you on the trim. The one thing I really would like changed is to make that embroidery on the cape into gold.

Otherwise I love it

CitizenJP

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This got me so pumped.

heavyone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#49  Edited By heavyone

I really was not expecting much, but this looks like it might be worth watching!

Avatar image for petey_is_spidey
Petey_is_Spidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

I hope he does actual magic instead of that quantum mechanics bullsh*t Kevin Fiege gave us.