who will take over Dick Grayson's former mantle

RitchieB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

So if you have not heard DC has thrown an interesting wrench in the Bat-Family dynamics. Carrie Kelly will be reintroduced into the New 52. for those of you that dont know Carrie Kelly was the first female robin and was actually the second robin overall (if you consider multiple universes), as she was introduced in 1986 while Jason was introduced in 1987. she originally appeared in Frank Miller's The Dark Night Returns.

Anyway

I find it interesting that she is introduced at this time as we have another female being introduced into the Bat-family comics the other of course being Harper Row. considering this I am guessing at a few scenarios.

first what we know

Harper Row was re-introd in Batman 18

Carrie Kelly will be re-introd in Batman and Red Robin 19

Snyder has said that he has plans for Harper

Tomasi has said that he has plans for Carrie (also the title of batman and RR 19 says " will carrie kelly be batmans new partner and is wearing the robin costume)

Carrie Kelly has been boosted up to college instead of being from 13 like she was in the Dark Knights return

possible scenarios

Carrie Kelly gets her own comic (probability: low - due to her being gone for so long)

Carrie Kelly becomes the new robin (probability: moderately high-she has been robin before)

Harper Row becomes the new robin ( probability: moderate- snyder is the lead Batman writer and expressed interest in giving her a bigger part)

Carrie Kelly and Harper row spin off into their own team ( probability: high- Batman is probably not ready for another robin and at this point expressed so to Harper, as Bruce did to Carrie in the dark knights return, they both became involved in the bat-family in similar ways so teaming up may not be out of the question)

Carrie Kelly and Harper Row become batman's partner at the same time much like Dick and Babs were both Bruces partner at one time (probability: high - both writers want their girl to be around batman)

Carrie Kelly is Nightwing's "Tim Drake". When you think about it Carrie Kelly being older makes her more compatible with Dick, second based on the cover she has been a super hero at one point in time, third according to Tomasi she knew Damian. how is unclear but her knowing Damian could help NW get over his sorrows. and finally i think this is more likely then both of them becoming Batman's partner because Snyder will want to develop Harper and Tomasi wants to develop Carrie, so both of them crossing over is a lil unlikely. ( I give this scenario a moderately high probability because Tomasi is a batman writer and I think any addition to NW life would have to go through Higgins, however Tomasi has written NW before. so maybe since Batman and ... is ending with Batman and NW so maybe it will become NW and Carrie instead of Batman and ? (but I doubt it)

what do you guys think?

RitchieB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@ritchieb said:

So if you have not heard DC has thrown an interesting wrench in the Bat-Family dynamics. Carrie Kelly will be reintroduced into the New 52. for those of you that dont know Carrie Kelly was the first female robin and was actually the second robin overall (if you consider multiple universes), as she was introduced in 1986 while Jason was introduced in 1987. she originally appeared in Frank Miller's The Dark Night Returns.

No. Jason was Robin from 1983-1988. His Post-Crisis origin was established in 1987, but he wasn't a new character altogether.

Avatar image for nathaniel_christopher
Nathaniel_Christopher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think i'd hate to see Carrie and Dick start any type of relationship lol

AweSam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers