#1 Edited by JayAaerow (450 posts) - - Show Bio

DC recently released a preview of Batman: Eternal Artwork And I noticed something as I looked at it.

Original Picture
Seeing, you...NIGHTWING?!?! .___.

It seems not only does Nightwing survive Forever Evil....but dyes his hair. Now he's blonde! What're your thoughts on it? Do you like it? You think that it's a good enough disguise? Or does he need glasses to seal the deal?

#2 Posted by JetiiMitra (8152 posts) - - Show Bio

I think it's hot.

Jk. I do think he should do something more. Maybe contacts for eye color, or something to change the shape of his face (cheeks would be easiest), or do his hair differently, and yes, possibly glasses.

#3 Posted by TheCheeseStabber (7722 posts) - - Show Bio
#4 Posted by danhimself (22268 posts) - - Show Bio

I won't be convinced that it's actually Dick until we see it in the books or someone from DC says that's Dick

#5 Posted by GraysonMatter (43 posts) - - Show Bio

I hope it is. If he does die in the Forever Evil story arc, I will be upset. So seeing this gives me hope, and I hope for the best.

#6 Posted by Nathaniel_Christopher (1555 posts) - - Show Bio

The hairstyle and mask look like him, but i'm also not really convinced its him. Also, how exactly does that even count as a good disguise if it is him? I'd hope there'd be more to it than just dying his hair.

#7 Edited by Marionettegeist (1912 posts) - - Show Bio

"Following the event's of Forever Evil Nightwing... will be changed forever!"

"Following the event's of Forever Evil Nightwing's hair will be changed forever!"

#8 Posted by ArturoCalaKayVee (11035 posts) - - Show Bio

@dctv3363 said:

"Following the event's of Forever Evil Nightwing... will be changed forever!"

"Following the event's of Forever Evil Nightwing's hair will be changed forever!"

LOL

#9 Edited by SmoothJammin (2332 posts) - - Show Bio

Keen observation Jay. You can clearly see a resemblance. I'll go out on a limb and say it's Grayson. With any luck DC will use aryan Nightwing as only a temp fix until MMH comes back and restores everyone's brains to factory specs. What strikes me as odd is.. how the dark costume won't complement his softer complexion and loud hair! What is creative control thinking over there? Do they not know how to appropriately color coat one of their flagship heroes?! You've got a whole medley of tone going on o.O

On a more serious note, good job! I think I can sleep a little better at night knowing Dick's chances at survival have increased--if only slightly.

#10 Edited by JayAaerow (450 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanks , @smoothjammin.

I find it odd people keep thinking Calvin Rose is there instead. How is it him? I understand he's suppose to be tied to this but that doesn't mean he's going to be in the picture himself. Dick and Calvin look different.

Also. Calvin doesn't wear a domino mask. Nightwing wears one all the time ever since he was Robin. Unless, again, I'm totally unaware of Calvin Rose going blonde and using a Domino Mask at some point I just don't know, how's is this Calvin?

I'm surprised at how pessimistic we are. I know Grayson is having one of those days but come on! This helps. I was expecting more blonde Richard Jokes and more "Could this really be him?" instead of "It looks like him and everything..but it's probably not him" or "This is totally someone different(And the guy people use also is different as far as I know)"

#11 Edited by Alak (923 posts) - - Show Bio

I can't say I'm a fan of the blonde hair, but if it means he'll survive Forever Evil, then I'll support it.

#12 Posted by Nathaniel_Christopher (1555 posts) - - Show Bio

Can't believe that's what they'd go with for a disguise.

#13 Edited by JayAaerow (450 posts) - - Show Bio

@nathaniel_christopher said:

In the same universe where you avoid all suspicion with just glasses or admitting you fund your alias's equipment?

#14 Posted by Nathaniel_Christopher (1555 posts) - - Show Bio

In the same universe where you avoid all suspicion with just glasses or admitting you fund your alias's equipment?

There's a credible reason for Superman's disguise working, as it's been shown it goes far beyond just the glasses.

He basically changes his entire look, along with his mannerisms. Some writers are simply better are portraying this than others, and the movies and tv shows are just awful at doing it. Even in GA it was pointed out when Mia first appeared just how obvious it was that Green Arrow was Oliver Queen, and she notes he doesn't even bother to change his voice when in costume. The dude with the yellow hair looks exactly like Dick Grayson, just with yellow hair lol so again i'd certainly hope that given the vast resources at his disposal he'd put a little more effort into disguising himself.

#15 Posted by JayAaerow (450 posts) - - Show Bio

@jayaaerow said:

There's a credible reason for Superman's disguise working, as it's been shown it goes far beyond just the glasses.

He basically changes his entire look, along with his mannerisms. Some writers are simply better are portraying this than others, and the movies and tv shows are just awful at doing it. Even in GA it was pointed out when Mia first appeared just how obvious it was that Green Arrow was Oliver Queen, and she notes he doesn't even bother to change his voice when in costume. The dude with the yellow hair looks exactly like Dick Grayson, just with yellow hair lol so again i'd certainly hope that given the vast resources at his disposal he'd put a little more effort into disguising himself.

I see. Coolio. who knows? There's probably more then we know.

#16 Posted by CrazyScarecrow (1186 posts) - - Show Bio

Maybe it was just a coloring air. Hell in one the early issues of Superman, Superman was accidently colored a blond. Or maybe they just did to throw off the fans and get us all going.

#17 Posted by Nathaniel_Christopher (1555 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm not even against it being him, I just hope they actually put more effort into a disguise than making his hair blond. Hate when readers are treated like idiots.

#18 Posted by Munsu (163 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm disappointed if that is actually him. I was hoping that with his identity exposed he would have accepted his new role and become a public hero so he can be that guy other heroes in the DC universe look towards again. Him coloring his hair makes me think he might try and hide away from that and go by a new name. Not really interested in those kind of stories.

#19 Posted by SuperJedi17 (298 posts) - - Show Bio

Maybe by the time this eternal thing happens,we got a new Robin,one that's a teenage boy? I don't think dick will die in this ridiculous forever evil event, but I don't think he'd dye his hair either. It'd seem out of character to me. Also,like you guys have said,it'd be a bad disguise.

#20 Posted by RustyRoy (10814 posts) - - Show Bio

@jayaaerow said:

Yeah and everyone knows Dick is Nightwing but no one knows that Clark is Superman, so people will notice Dick but not Clark, anyways if the blonde guy is Dick then he probably have to change his entire background and start living a new life.

#21 Posted by The_Tree (7191 posts) - - Show Bio

If they really wanted to disguise Dick, they could give him that EMP mask from The Black Mirror.

I hope he's the blonde, though. I want Dick alive and involved with the Bat-family.

#22 Posted by JayAaerow (450 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_tree said:

If they really wanted to disguise Dick, they could give him that EMP mask from The Black Mirror.

I hope he's the blonde, though. I want Dick alive and involved with the Bat-family.

He also used it in Nightwing #12 I believe, Part 1 of the 2 for the Lady Shiva Story. Total chance he could still use it.

#23 Posted by SuperJedi17 (298 posts) - - Show Bio

@jayaaerow: He also used it in Batman #1 when he pretended to be the joker. I actually think he'll survive,but don't want him to try to hide too much,not that I like his identity being revealed,but since it happened,he should be in the center ring. He definitely needs an actual villains gallery though,no one of note so far. But I really don't like the blonde disguise,if that is the this they do,I think that's ridiculous.

#24 Edited by The_Tree (7191 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm also hoping that with the blonde hair comes a blue costume. Wishful thinking.

#25 Posted by SuperJedi17 (298 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_tree: Blue,yes,blonde......please no. My opinion,but that' just something I wouldn't be too fond of. I'm just a "Newb 52" but the blue's a better look, plus,it's his iconic look,that's like messing with Batman's color scheme....... oh wait.......bad example. That's like replacing the bats color with ones that either look ridiculous or,don't fit the character well,like with dick. Even though it's one of my favorite colors it's gotta go.

#26 Posted by Jake Fury (18113 posts) - - Show Bio

Now he just needs an earring and a gold chain.

#27 Posted by fodigg (6142 posts) - - Show Bio

I must be the only one who seriously thinks it's Jean-Paul Valley. Knightfall was massively successful and Bane is riding high still from the last film. It makes sense to me that they'd try to recapture that by rehashing the story in a new 52 version. I could, however, also see "Jean-Paul Valley" as a pseudonym taken by Nightwing as a new civilian identity.

#28 Edited by batmannflash (6186 posts) - - Show Bio

wow nice observation. I don't like the blonde hair look for Nightwing but since it means he's not dead, then it's okay.

But will he still be called "Nightwing?" If you think about it, he's blonde and running around with the Nightwing suit, the public will definitely know that he's Nightwing, also known as Dick Grayson. The only way to combat this is to dye his hair and have a different name/suit

#29 Posted by SupBatz (1686 posts) - - Show Bio

@fodigg said:

I must be the only one who seriously thinks it's Jean-Paul Valley. Knightfall was massively successful and Bane is riding high still from the last film. It makes sense to me that they'd try to recapture that by rehashing the story in a new 52 version. I could, however, also see "Jean-Paul Valley" as a pseudonym taken by Nightwing as a new civilian identity.

Valley was my first thought when I saw him as well.

I doubt it's Dick considering how often he is referred to as one of the most (if not the most) attractive comic book men in the DC Universe. I can't see them wanting to give him a whole new look if this is the general thought.

#30 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (12487 posts) - - Show Bio

As long as it's not supposed to be his disguise, I don't mind the blonde hair. It adds a little more distinction and befits his personality just as Tim's dark hair fits him and Jason's old ginger hair fit his personality.

#31 Posted by Knightfall225 (1713 posts) - - Show Bio
#32 Posted by JeanRalphio (1842 posts) - - Show Bio

I hope it is. If he does die in the Forever Evil story arc, I will be upset. So seeing this gives me hope, and I hope for the best.

He is going to die.

#33 Posted by youknowwhattodo (889 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't think he's going to die, what purpose would it serve? Due to the fact that he has become rather isolated in the new 52, his death wouldn't/shouldn't galvanize others into action. Not to mention it would make his entire reboot pointless....

I just hope that whatever direction they are going with Nightwing, it is forward, I think DC has done enough tearing him down...time to build him back up.