• 162 results
Avatar image for nathaniel_christopher
Nathaniel_Christopher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@nathaniel_christopher: The timing is horrible. They plucked him right out Chicago for no real reason at all. The mainstream exposure is the only tangible reason to have an interest in what's happening to Nightwing. He can't win no matter what he does. Now that his identity has been revealed I think it would make the most sense for him to join a government sanctioned team(Justice League Canada) and just roll with it. He's stepped up to the plate before when the league has gone missing, this should be no different.

That's really the only option, or there's some Spectre/Wally West action and everyone's minds are wiped and they forget who Dick is. SMH, I don't like that this happened, but at least he's getting more exposure as you said. I think the best DC can do right now is have Dick take center stage and deal with his identity being revealed.

But really, they can't ever expect him to have a private life again if he stays in Chicago.

Avatar image for dicksihavestudied
dicksihavestudied

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jayaaerow I meant that Forever Evil hinted at pre-boot Dick when the Crime Syndicate said Dick Grayson had lots of friends and family that the CS was going to take out. It sounded more like blue Nightwing than red Nightwing. As other posters have pointed out, such as you and @smoothjammin, such comments don't make sense for New 52 Nightwing, but they make perfect sense for DCU Nightwing. If Forever Evil tells me Dick is super important, rather than showing me, I'm tempted to let it slide because I want Dick to return to his former glory. Yeah, my optimism will probably come back and bite me in the butt, but it's a risk I'm willing to take. Sometimes I just get exhausted continually raining curses down on DC.

JayAaerow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#53  Edited By JayAaerow

@dicksihavestudied: From what I read, it wasn't hinting at Pre-Reboot Dick Grayson. It looked like an attempt to make him important enough for the story to progress without adding development beforehand and it just so happen to sound more like his previous continuity, which they already shown they're not going back. At least not now. It's only been 3 years(Brutal for characters like Nightwing and Green Arrow). I don't think they're going to use a previous continuity in a N52 storyline. This might involve Multiverses but as I've seen, its New 52 vs Earth 3. I don't think any Pre-Reboot-related characters are coming.

EDIT: another thing, I just can't let it slide without a vein popping out. Yes, They need to show it, too. The character just gets crap thrown at his face in every turn and now they want us to believe he's still like his former glory just so the story can impact? And what they did to him changes him forever(Now hit or miss. We don't like misses). If this was Batman or Superman, they wouldn't allow it. He might not be as popular as them, but as a character, he needs to develop. He's thrown in around by DC a lot a a punching bag. Honestly, I think Forever Evil is good, but the way they handle Nightwing was just wrong. I am a major Nightiwng fan but I wouldn't like it if it were any other established character, either. I see the unmasking as unnecessary. It be unfair for any character's Status Quo that has remain for as long as his(He's been around since 1939) to change in one day just to suit a story. And it just so happens he has to stick with it as far as anyone knows.

Avatar image for buttersdaman000
buttersdaman000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dick just got 'Cilvil War'd'

Avatar image for deactivated-5c6600594117e
deactivated-5c6600594117e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 111

User Lists: 51

@smoothjammin: I read the first volume and enjoyed it. The 2nd was kind of dull because of the crossover with the Court of Owls and the Paragon issues.

How's the new arc with Trickster?

Avatar image for graysonofgotham
graysonofgotham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Prankster not Trickster. I like it a lot so far. The Prankster, Zucco, and Nightwing dynamic is pretty cool thus far.

RitchieB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I still stand by my original predictions but maybe earth 3 grayson wont die.

this is what will happen

First DC will try to make us believe that all of a sudden all these different groups know and love Nightwing then rally to save him.( which would be true pre 52)/ Teen Titans thanks to Tim, Then Birds of Prey thanks to Babs, Roy and Star will convince Jason to help, then Dick Grayson (3) will save Dick Grayson (1). ( they might throw in heroes that are all of a sudden NW friends)

Second DC will milk it for what its worth with a bunch of " Who really is Batman?" " Who really is Batgirl?" " Who really is Red Robin?" etc.

then he is either going to be

1. part of some sort of government sanctioned team in exchange for them "protecting his friends and family"

2. Earth 3 Dick Grayson will address the world then the real Grayson will appear and say it was a ploy to bring down Batman Inc. and prove he is " not" Nightwing (and everyone will believe him)

3 Lex will for some reason decide to help Nightwing convince the world he isn't really Dick Grayson and it was all part of a Crime Syndicate ploy to take the world from the true villains.

(I also don't believe this was broadcast around the world. Lex was spying and when he said who's Richard Grayson, a super computer put the info together)

and all will go back to normal.

SmoothJammin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By SmoothJammin

@smoothjammin: I read the first volume and enjoyed it. The 2nd was kind of dull because of the crossover with the Court of Owls and the Paragon issues.

How's the new arc with Prankster?

Fixed it for ya ;)

Fascinating stuff my man. Once it fully sinks in that we're no longer on Planet Batman and Grayson is free to soar on his own, everything ebbs and flows. And how! I know it probably sounds cliche right now because everyone keeps mentioning how wicked Chicago Arc has been, but the truth is this is the best Nightwing has looked since all the crossover madness began. If you're a fan of Brett Booth's art you'll like it even more here(issue 19 marks Booth's arrival). His drawing style lends itself well to Nightwing's freeform acrobatics/parkour exploits navigating around Chicago's rooftops and trains. Simply put, it is poetry in motion. I won't spill more in case you're still interested in reading up on the what's happening now

. As far as the other older stuff..

Paragon issues were necessary story development albeit stinking up the joint a bit with weaksauce filler plot/villains but yea..Higgins definitely laid some foundation there by introducing Dick's homebase/new toys, Amusement Mile and Sonia Branch most importantly. I love how Kyle Higgins jumped back in time and cunningly touches on an early scene in the series by tying it into current events(Saiko blowing up the car containing Paragon & Strayhorn bros remember?). Besides that I agree it's not an arc that grabs you but it gets the job done. Death of the Family event simply exists to throw Dick under the bus some more and undo all the fun stuff I just mentioned above. Nightwing jobbing to Joker for a couple issues meanwhile watching his life savings literally go up in flames. Really. The Shiva issue you can skip entirely LOL. If you're interested in continuing pick up issue 19, it's a nice jumping on point. Do itttttt

@richardjohngrayson: lol, tell me how I was searching for that issue cover and I found this instead wtf

http://i1.wp.com/www.wordofthenerdonline.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/Nightwing-Gatefold.jpg

Nathaniel_Christopher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

^LMFAO pure win. Though I think @ritchieb may have a point about us not knowing just how far the signal was broadcast. Though regardless, a room full of villains can easily figure it out. Even taking into account the sheer number of Richard Grayson's in the world, they know this is a guy who's been operating in Gotham for years. That leads them to searching there first, and who's the most famous Richard Grayson in Gotham, who just happens to have been an acrobat, that looks just like Nightwing? Really its a logical thought process here.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c6600594117e
deactivated-5c6600594117e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 111

User Lists: 51

@smoothjammin: I actually like Booth on certain books so I'll probably check it out.

Mezmero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#61  Edited By Mezmero

Remember guys, this is Lex Luthor's book. He's going to save Nightwing so he can get access to Batman's resources in order to fight the Crime Syndicate. Richard Grayson is his best bet to the Batcave and right now Lex knows exactly where to find him. He can form an extraction team with the other villain's, rescue Nightwing, and Luthor can even give him a new identity. I can understand why people are a bit peeved that this could change the character forever. I'm personally fine with a crazy change in his ongoing like if he's on the run with a new face across America. Hell send him to Hong Kong to be Black Bat since Cassandra apparently can't exist unless she's a Talon. A bigger repercussion will be if Lex Luthor learns Batman's identity while allying with Nightwing. It will give him major leverage over Bruce Wayne in the future if it does in fact happen. I say bring it on!

Nathaniel_Christopher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Who would want Dick to go to Hong Kong when he just got to Chicago? Considering there are always people unhappy with the idea of him being Robin, Red Robin, or even Batman again, I can't see anyone happy with him becoming Black Bat. Not Dick Grayson fans, and especially not Cassandra Cain fans.

Munsu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Eh, I liked the unmasking because of what it could mean for the character. The biggest problem I had with Dick in the reboot was how isolated they made his character. He barely has any friends or interacted with anyone and with this he is back to being in the center of the universe and can possibly start to rebuild up all those connections that were lost in the reboot. Plus I wasn't really enjoying Higgins' current stuff. It was just Batman-lite with less interesting villains. With this maybe we can get some new and unique stories. Since nothing has ever worked out for Nightwing outside of being a hero maybe he can just be a full time hero now and maybe even join the JL once they rebuild.

RitchieB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

^LMFAO pure win. Though I think @ritchieb may have a point about us not knowing just how far the signal was broadcast. Though regardless, a room full of villains can easily figure it out. Even taking into account the sheer number of Richard Grayson's in the world, they know this is a guy who's been operating in Gotham for years. That leads them to searching there first, and who's the most famous Richard Grayson in Gotham, who just happens to have been an acrobat, that looks just like Nightwing? Really its a logical thought process here.

Yes but by that logic the woman who has been around Superman more than anyone else should realize that Superman is really just her coworker without his glasses on but we all know connecting those two things are completely beyond human comprehension.

Nathaniel_Christopher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ritchieb said:

@nathaniel_christopher said:

Yes but by that logic the woman who has been around Superman more than anyone else should realize that Superman is really just her coworker without his glasses on but we all know connecting those two things are completely beyond human comprehension.

Superman has the excuse, and honestly a well written one, at least when All-Star Superman's taken into account, that while as Clark Kent he acts and with the clothes, hairstyle, posture, and tone manages to look completely differently. The problem is that this is hardly always taken into account and you'll often have it be very clear one is the other with glasses, and then Lex Luthor and Lois Lane both look like idiots.

However with Dick's identity I don't think any Batman villain will ignore the fact Nightwing's always (Assuming none of his time in Bludhaven's still canon) operated in Gotham until now. I mean, you'd have to really mess with their heads to make them forget that kind of history. That again would lead to them searching their first for this "Dick Grayson" person, and from there it's only a matter of how many of them fit the age and general appearance of Nightwing. Given the way writing goes, I won't be surprised if someone just "happens" to remember the entire Flying Grayson incident and figure it out right away.

EDIT: This reminds me of when Crispus Allen became the Spectre, and decided to solve the greatest mystery in Gotham City. Who is Batman? He simply followed Batman back to the cave and waited for him to take off his mask. After the mask was off, Allen's general reaction was something along the lines of, "Of course. It could only be him".

JayAaerow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By JayAaerow

Well, After a couple days thinking, I'm not as mad as I was when he was unmaked.

I still feel it was too sudden and stupid. I applaud Geoff Johns for admitting he thinks Nightwing is the next best overall leader with Superman but without his old history, no "umph" into it and it just screws him up. Though If they decide to reveal some team-ups we don't know about, that be helpful. And it doesn't help that he already has suffered so much due to DC recotnning his great history and makng him Batman-lite with no really interesting villans other than Lady Shiva and the Prankster. Even so, only Prankster is good, as Lady Shiva's appearance was around the time he was utterly portray as a Bat-fail, despite already said to be a World Class Detective. Not to mention that the way he lost to her was ridiculous. Broke Ribs? The injury he got since issue 1 and never resurfaced till the PIS fight with Paragon(That was stupid. A complete noob able to hold his own with one of DC's best Martial Artist? Yeah right. At least Saiko & William Cobb had some skill behind them and EXPLAINED). I do hope she comes back and they do a better job.

And I still disagree with changing his Status Quo just for the story. That just changes the goodness of his Solo series. Unless it gets reversed at the end, it's going to affect his series now and we don't need that. It's just starting to get really good.

I do want to see what happens! I hope he's the Batman in this! He was awesome as Batman before the reboot and would love to see him reprise the role. I'm sorta sick of Bruce Wayne Batman fitting into just about every storyline there is. I hope it is Dick Grayson and not Bruce Wayne, :Tim Drake", or Jason Todd. I rather have Dick get his revenge and show why the CS wanted to get him above all first! Plus, the unmasking would make more sense. Cause until that happens,. It just seems like he just got unlucky cause the CS thought he was a big shot when he wasn't. It be interesting to see how he can swallow his pride and hang with the villains. Plus, he does seems like it. If you look at his build n FE #1 and the build in the posters, they look the same. I'd be disappointed to see if it's anyone else but Dick Grayoson.

As for the rest of the story, I like it. I really wanna know about what Owlman wants with Dick Grayson. And wanna know Power Ring and Deathstorm's relationship. The preivew for #2 suggests they're great friend and possibly more. And Ultraman's little secret.

r3d_rob1n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I remember reading in an interview that Johns wanted to kill off Grayson in Infinite Crisis. I see a lot of similarities between these two stories, with characters from other worlds attempting to influence main earth, and think maybe he has decided the time is right to have Dick make the ultimate sacrifice.

Somehow something would have to undo this big reveal, as it would be way to easy to now determine the identity of Batman. There's no way people won't notice that Wayne's son disappears just as Robin dies, and now Grayson is revealed to be Nightwing.

StrangeMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Of course Didio wouldn't kill off Dick, the bastard is giving him a fate much worse than temporary death...

One More Day.

I'm calling it now, brace yourselves.

Avatar image for baberaham_lincoln
Baberaham_Lincoln

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Have you guys read the Nightwing #26 solicit for the December 2013 solicitations for DC??? It's kinda worrying... have a gander:

NIGHTWING #26

Written by KYLE HIGGINS

Art and cover by WILL CONRAD

On sale DECEMBER 11 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US • RATED T

With the events of FOREVER EVIL looming, Nightwing enters the final stages of life as he knows it!

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for nightwing_beyond
Nightwing_Beyond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

Have you guys read the Nightwing #26 solicit for the December 2013 solicitations for DC??? It's kinda worrying... have a gander:

NIGHTWING #26

Written by KYLE HIGGINS

With the events of FOREVER EVIL looming, Nightwing enters the final stages of life as he knows it!

No Caption Provided

Higgins confirmed on Twitter that issue 26 takes place before Forever Evil #1 so rest easy... for now... We'll likely get some Mask Killer action before Dick begins his new status quo post Forever Evil. I'm surprised he revealed that to me on Twitter but hey, I'm not complaining:)

No Caption Provided

Denam_Pavel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Who would want Dick to go to Hong Kong when he just got to Chicago? Considering there are always people unhappy with the idea of him being Robin, Red Robin, or even Batman again, I can't see anyone happy with him becoming Black Bat. Not Dick Grayson fans, and especially not Cassandra Cain fans.

Chicago is exceptional in it's unchecked hatred of vigilantes. Nightwing did not even need to commit his first crime before they felt justified to send a policehelicopter after him to strafe him down without even asking him to surrender. If Dick Grayson decides to live in Chicago after Forever Evil he is going out of his way to find misery.

Nathaniel_Christopher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Chicago is exceptional in it's unchecked hatred of vigilantes. Nightwing did not even need to commit his first crime before they felt justified to send a policehelicopter after him to strafe him down without even asking him to surrender. If Dick Grayson decides to live in Chicago after Forever Evil he is going out of his way to find misery.

He went to Chicago to find Zucco, not peace. And him operating in a city that hates and fears him is remarkably similar to Batman in his early days, when the city was more corrupt and the idea of a vigilante was simply not accepted in Gotham. It's one of the things of his origin I wouldn't mind Dick gaining, as it shows a fair amount of patience and maturity to stay in a city that doesn't want you, because it's quite simply the right thing to do.

DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By DEGRAAF

@lvenger: I liked his GL run as well. I HATED his Flash run bringing Barry back but i do like his Aquaman run in the NEW 52

@ritchieb: I read somewhere that Darkseid's invasion happended at the same time across earth-1 and 2 and I believe 3 as well but that may just be me getting confused as you say

The attack on earth 1 and earth 2 were at the same time but they never mentioned attacking earth 3.

@ritchieb said:

@comicbookfan93:

I know he invaded one and two but i dont know about 3. as far as i know world three wasn't revealed until justice league 23 so I dont think it has much of a back story. However even if Darkseid did invade it does not mean he destroyed the planet. Earth 1 wasnt destroyed, Earth 2 got the crap kicked out of it but still wasnt destroyed. So there is no way to know definitively what or if Darkseid did anything to Earth 3. Honestly Earth 3 might have faired the best because they must be thousands of years more advanced than us. we know this because they were able to facilitate interdimensional travel when Earth 1 was still very primitive. ( we know this because Pandora's box was created before the Olympian Gods and the box opens dimensions)

Was Pandoras box created on Earth 3?

My personal theory is that Dick takes over the Batman mantle (hence why Batman is on the cover) during FE. If/when Superwoman forces him to reveal his identity he will either admit he is Nightwing rather than Batman, or if he does reveal his actual identity the Syndicate captive will take the fall for him (I agree he is Dick Grayson from Earth 3).

On a side note: with the Justice League missing, now would be a great time for DC to bring back Wally and Donna to help Dick

Are you saying you think they revealed Nightwing (from Earth 3) identity? I just dont see Nightwing from Earth 3 being a part of this. I do think Dick Grayson will take over the Batman mantle thought. I agree they should bring Wally and Donna back to help with this.

@ritchieb: @nathaniel_christopher: We know there are two Graysons now, both former partners of Batman. The Dick Grayson of Earth 3 will almost surely play a part in this now. His fate remains a mystery but the fact that Power Ring mentions Owlman was fond of him means his presence, whether alive or dead is going to be a game changer. I think Owlman will cut him loose and keep tabs on him...

How do we know there are 2 Graysons? Do you mean on Earth 1 or just between Earth 1 and Earth 3 there are 2? Have we seen Dick Grayson from Earth 3?

@jayaaerow said:

You know. Him being umasked was somewhat ridiculous. Seriously. He's only been in Batman Inc. a couple of time and was in some team with Arsenal and Starfire. Other then that, he's in no team. So him having "many friends" just didn't seem to hold water for me. Not to mention he got caught cause he was taking Zsasz back to Arkham when he's went to Chicago for unknown reasons. Shadow of the Bat strikes again! The most ridiculous yet.

Can't get a break from being screwed.

That gave me a good laugh. The whole "Grayson has many friends and many places he calls home" and Ultraman vowing to destroy everything/everyone he holds dear was total facepalm. Maybe If we're talking 09-10 Dick Grayson when the timing was ripe but present Nightwing is a virtual unknown. I bet new readers were as confused as Lex Luthor when his identity was revealed. If you didn't read the issue and just got spoiled then congratulations we just saved you from breaking news you would have been slammed with all week long, I mean come on we're talking Forever Evil here get with the program. Did you really think you could get away with skipping this event? While we're on the subject, the shadow of the bat is a thing, it's REAL and curses anyone ensnared within its grasp.

What disappoints me is just when we think Nightwing has moved on and is kicking ass in Chicago like Mr. Higgins has convinced us on many occasions, we get this for our troubles. Three steps backward again. I know I probably sound like a moany b1tch right now but this is a character I'm passionate about! I'm upset having to watch how Dick has lost everything he's worked for, his immediate family is broken, his little brother just DIED--HE'LL NEVER HUG DAMIAN AGAIN, THEY'LL NEVER GET A CHANCE TO PLAY SWORDWALKERS, EVER. His childhood friends betrayed him and guess what? The Shadow of the Bat swallowed them whole soon after. C.C Haly, a man who is everything you'd a expect a beardless Santa Claus to look and act like confessed to knowing Nightwing's secret and is killed over his involvement with the Court of Owls. Did he even love Grayson, as an uncle would his nephew, to begin with? The circus troupe(Haly's) in question have forsaken Dick Grayson the one man looking out for their best interests and disbanded. Of course Batman gets off scot-free. Expect him to escape this event with his credibility intact and an iron clad resolve at the detriment of his poor ex-sidekick.

Well Said to both of you

Really, and I hate to say it, I think Bruce should be on that stage getting unmasked instead of Dick.

I agree. At this point, with so much taken from Dick and right when he was starting to get built up again (All thanks and praise to Higgins) they should have unmasked someone else and i would have loved if it was Bruce Wayne.

I actually thought it make Dick look important. Outside of the Justice League, the CSA picked the next greatest hero in line to make an example of.

Just my 2 cents.

Seemed more like he was just the first hero they came across.

@jayaaerow: Just some classic Johns moments on books he "improved";

Threeboot Legion: Retconned into being an Earth Prime substitute, effectively removing the characters and story from any real importance in the DCU (not to mention this makes no sense as the Threeboot Legion modeled themselves on the heroes of old. In Earth Prime there was only Superboy).

Superman Birthright: Completely retconned out of existence for the vastly inferior Secret Origins

Speed Force: Rather than being the source of all Speedsters' powers and an extradimensional force that has existed for all time, it was created by Barry Allen (worst idea ever).

Wally West's Character Growth: Every ability Wally learned during Waid's tenure on Flash, Barry knows and can do as well; because, well, just because.

I liked Johns on GL and i do think he made Barry better (Still dislike him)but he made Barry better at the expense of Wally. I agree him creating the speed force was EXTREMELY stupid!!!! Same with Barry suddenly able to do whatever Wally could (effectively making Wally less unique and important)

@nathaniel_christopher: The timing is horrible. They plucked him right out Chicago for no real reason at all. The mainstream exposure is the only tangible reason to have an interest in what's happening to Nightwing. He can't win no matter what he does. Now that his identity has been revealed I think it would make the most sense for him to join a government sanctioned team(Justice League Canada) and just roll with it. He's stepped up to the plate before when the league has gone missing, this should be no different.

Joining a government team actually isnt a terrible idea. They could protect his identity and he could be a part of/lead a team.

DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Prankster not Trickster. I like it a lot so far. The Prankster, Zucco, and Nightwing dynamic is pretty cool thus far.

They really used "WHY SO SERIOUS?" Wow how original.....

@mezmero said:

Remember guys, this is Lex Luthor's book. He's going to save Nightwing so he can get access to Batman's resources in order to fight the Crime Syndicate. Richard Grayson is his best bet to the Batcave and right now Lex knows exactly where to find him. He can form an extraction team with the other villain's, rescue Nightwing, and Luthor can even give him a new identity. I can understand why people are a bit peeved that this could change the character forever. I'm personally fine with a crazy change in his ongoing like if he's on the run with a new face across America. Hell send him to Hong Kong to be Black Bat since Cassandra apparently can't exist unless she's a Talon. A bigger repercussion will be if Lex Luthor learns Batman's identity while allying with Nightwing. It will give him major leverage over Bruce Wayne in the future if it does in fact happen. I say bring it on!

Why would she have to be a talon?

NIGHTWING #26

Written by KYLE HIGGINS

No Caption Provided

But if you look it says Nightwing not Dick Grayson. I dont think they will kill Dick Grayson but i could see them changing his Superhero status Quo

He went to Chicago to find Zucco, not peace. And him operating in a city that hates and fears him is remarkably similar to Batman in his early days, when the city was more corrupt and the idea of a vigilante was simply not accepted in Gotham. It's one of the things of his origin I wouldn't mind Dick gaining, as it shows a fair amount of patience and maturity to stay in a city that doesn't want you, because it's quite simply the right thing to do.

Agreed and well said

Mezmero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@degraaf said:

@mezmero said:

Why would she have to be a talon?

Lol, have you not heard about current Birds Of Prey? A certain character named Strix has become the Cassandra Cain stand-in for the New 52 basically.

Denam_Pavel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@denam_pavel said:

He HAS found Zucco. The Prankster ends up in Arkham so I assume that matter will have been dealt with by Forever Evil. And how is it the right thing to do. The Prankster was literally the only masked villain left operating in Chicago. I have a hard time imaging how they are going to convincingly portray Nightwing as a postive presence there after the Prankster is gone. Will the Chicago PD become inexplicably much much more inept upon his arrival?

Nathaniel_Christopher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@denam_pavel said:

He HAS found Zucco. The Prankster ends up in Arkham so I assume that matter will have been dealt with by Forever Evil. And how is it the right thing to do. The Prankster was literally the only masked villain left operating in Chicago. I have a hard time imaging how they are going to convincingly portray Nightwing as a postive presence there after the Prankster is gone. Will the Chicago PD become inexplicably much much more inept upon his arrival?

The Prankster was the only masked vigilante we've seen operating in Chicago. Considering how huge a deal it was for Nightwing to completely move there and start over there, I highly doubt that the Pranksters is the only villain writers want him to face. And a superhero in the city doesn't mean the cops have to be written as or suddenly become inept. Anyone who's read Gotham Central knows that. As I pointed out already, the city hating vigilantes isn't an excuse for him to be taken away from it either, especially when you consider he was sent there with that in mind, and that he's not the only one who's had to deal with a city that's not the most open to his presence. Sending him off to Honk Kong is a complete waste.

Mezmero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Maybe after this event we'll see a title for The (classic) Titans. It won't matter if Nightwing's identity is known if he runs a new team going forward. Then he can go back to being a famous hero instead of skulking in the shadows like Bruce. The Justice League won't be able to trust Cyborg anymore because his machinery is too easy to be compromised so Dick can give him a spot on a new team. Not sure what's going on with The Outlaws other than Jason Todd being Cable but I can't see a reason not to rope them into it. Ravagers ain't doing anything so get one or two of them, then BAM! Classic Titans team roster for a new book. Now the idea is out there, in the ether.

Denam_Pavel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@denam_pavel said:

@denam_pavel said:

The Prankster was the only masked vigilante we've seen operating in Chicago. Considering how huge a deal it was for Nightwing to completely move there and start over there, I highly doubt that the Pranksters is the only villain writers want him to face. And a superhero in the city doesn't mean the cops have to be written as or suddenly become inept. Anyone who's read Gotham Central knows that. As I pointed out already, the city hating vigilantes isn't an excuse for him to be taken away from it either, especially when you consider he was sent there with that in mind, and that he's not the only one who's had to deal with a city that's not the most open to his presence. Sending him off to Honk Kong is a complete waste.

I don't want him in Hong Kong either, that'd be even more preposterously far out of his way and random. But Gotham Central is in no way an example. Gotham needed Batman, that was very clear. Bruce knew as much, that's why he started there. As far as Nightwing very explicietly knows he and Pranksters are the only masks active in Chicago, there were others, the police shut all the others down. If the Nightwing on going continues in Chicago that is going to change and the police's capacity to shut them down is also going to change. I know some heros tend to create their own villains but this is on a whoooole other level of conciously bringing hell down Chicago. And just because some vigilante dealt with a city that doesn't want them there doesn't mean every vigilante should go travel to cities that don't want them there and start rubbing it in peoples noses.

RitchieB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By RitchieB

@degraaf

To begin I correctly predicted there would be one, not saying it is much of an accomplishment, because it was fairly obvious.

second, when Dick Grayson is captured Owlman says to SuperWoman " they call him Nightwing here" which means not only did Owlman take the time to look for Dick Grayson but then figured out Dick Grayson was Nightwing and decided to make an example of him. wither Owlman planned to make an example of him or if Grayson was at the wrong place at the wrong time is unknown. But Owlman did make an effort to find him.

Third we know there is another Dick Grayson because he is mentioned by PowerRing who says "you'd think Owlman would try to protect Grayson considering." to which Deathstorm responds " This one is a copy of Owlmans former partner PowerRing, and a weaker one at that."

this indicates something happened to the Earth 3 Grayson. What exactly is unknown.

It is still my guess that Dick Grayson 3 was once a villain that turned hero and fought against the Crime Syndicate. Maybe the CS thinks they killed him but Owlman knows better and has been hiding the fact that Grayson 3 is alive. Thus PowerRing thinks Owlman would want to save this Grayson because he couldn't save the last one. This is also supported by Ultraman's desire to destroy Nightwing personally by going after his friends and family indicating a need for revenge. If they simply wanted to make an example of the heroes they already did that by "killing" the justice league and Ultraman could have simply killed Grayson to get the point across like he did with that villain that spoke out.

So like I said originally the Two Graysons will work together to bring down the CS, either Grayson 3 will work to bring the JL back to Earth 1 ( while on Earth 3) and lead his team and the JL to fight the CS with Grayson 1s team or he is already on Earth 1 and will help Grayson1 there

Nathaniel_Christopher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@denam_pavel said:

@denam_pavel said:

@denam_pavel said:

I don't want him in Hong Kong either, that'd be even more preposterously far out of his way and random. But Gotham Central is in no way an example. Gotham needed Batman, that was very clear. Bruce knew as much, that's why he started there. As far as Nightwing very explicietly knows he and Pranksters are the only masks active in Chicago, there were others, the police shut all the others down. If the Nightwing on going continues in Chicago that is going to change and the police's capacity to shut them down is also going to change. I know some heros tend to create their own villains but this is on a whoooole other level of conciously bringing hell down Chicago. And just because some vigilante dealt with a city that doesn't want them there doesn't mean every vigilante should go travel to cities that don't want them there and start rubbing it in peoples noses.

You missed my point. The reason I brought up Gotham Central was to give examples of Police Officers who were competent at their jobs. Yes, Obviously Gotham still needed Batman, yet Batman can't be everywhere at once, and normal Policemen are still able to deal with various cases on there own. That's my point, that just because Nightwing's in Chicago now, doesn't mean that the police have to be written as non-factors in the city's safety, or incompetent, when that's not what happens in Gotham itself, and yet in the DCU Gotham's the biggest example of a city that didn't want a vigilante and was plagued with police corruption at one point. Again, they didn't want a vigilante at first, yet due to the new wave of crime that entered the city, they needed one and eventually accepted him. I'm saying the exact same thing can very easily happen in Chicago, and that that's probably the path Dick's being taken down when you consider that him being sent there was marketed very heavily as a new change for the character.

When did I say that other vigilantes should travel to cities that don't want them there? The point is that Nightwing's already there and actively working in the city now. Him leaving to go somewhere else would make absolutely no sense.

Oh, and in terms of a city needing Superheros, the entire point of being a hero is going anywhere where there's crime and helping where you can. Both Batman and Superman started helping their respective cities because there was crime there and they felt they could have a positive influence. Any level of crime fits the description, there don't have to be supervillans there, because there certainly weren't supervillains in Gotham or Metropolis before Superman and Batman showed up. Just because there aren't such villains in a city doesn't mean that superheros have no place there.

Denam_Pavel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By Denam_Pavel

@denam_pavel said:

@denam_pavel said:

@denam_pavel said:

You missed my point. The reason I brought up Gotham Central was to give examples of Police Officers who were competent at their jobs. Yes, Obviously Gotham still needed Batman, yet Batman can't be everywhere at once, and normal Policemen are still able to deal with various cases on there own. That's my point, that just because Nightwing's in Chicago now, doesn't mean that the police have to be written as non-factors in the city's safety, or incompetent, when that's not what happens in Gotham itself, and yet in the DCU Gotham's the biggest example of a city that didn't want a vigilante and was plagued with police corruption at one point. Again, they didn't want a vigilante at first, yet due to the new wave of crime that entered the city, they needed one and eventually accepted him. I'm saying the exact same thing can very easily happen in Chicago, and that that's probably the path Dick's being taken down when you consider that him being sent there was marketed very heavily as a new change for the character.

When did I say that other vigilantes should travel to cities that don't want them there? The point is that Nightwing's already there and actively working in the city now. Him leaving to go somewhere else would make absolutely no sense.

Oh, and in terms of a city needing Superheros, the entire point of being a hero is going anywhere where there's crime and helping where you can. Both Batman and Superman started helping their respective cities because there was crime there and they felt they could have a positive influence. Any level of crime fits the description, there don't have to be supervillans there, because there certainly weren't supervillains in Gotham or Metropolis before Superman and Batman showed up. Just because there aren't such villains in a city doesn't mean that superheros have no place there.

There was no new crimewave. Bruce became Batman to combat to combat the existing crime. Gotham PD wasn't incompetent but they are and always had been unable to combat the crime in Gotham. Chicago is not portrayed as the city in desperate need of help that Gotham and Bludhaven were. And he's not already there, he's in captivity somewhere else and if Grid hasn't teleported over and eviserated Thomas leaving Dick without an apartment by now then the Syndicate is being tremendously lazy.

And Dick is NOT in same situation Batman was in when he first started. Gotham PD didn't really feel one way or another about vigilantes when Batman began; he and Superman started the whole thing. Chicago have made up their mind about the whole thing in spite of the JLs accomplishment and public endorsement and now unlike with Batman, they know exactly who Nightwing is.

And no, a superhero doesn't need supervillains in his city. But he will invariably get them nonetheless. And so will Nightwing. Chicago will very abrubtly find itself infested with masked villains again if Nightwing goes down this road.

Nathaniel_Christopher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@denam_pavel said:

@denam_pavel said:

@denam_pavel said:

@denam_pavel said:

There was no new crimewave. Bruce became Batman to combat to combat the existing crime. Gotham PD wasn't incompetent but they are and always had been unable to combat the crime in Gotham. Chicago is not portrayed as the city in desperate need of help that Gotham and Bludhaven were. And he's not already there, he's in captivity somewhere else and if Grid hasn't teleported over and eviserated Thomas leaving Dick without an apartment by now then the Syndicate is being tremendously lazy.

And Dick is NOT in same situation Batman was in when he first started. Gotham PD didn't really feel one way or another about vigilantes when Batman began; he and Superman started the whole thing. Chicago have made up their mind about the whole thing in spite of the JLs accomplishment and public endorsement and now unlike with Batman, they know exactly who Nightwing is.

And no, a superhero doesn't need supervillains in his city. But he will invariably get them nonetheless. And so will Nightwing. Chicago will very abrubtly find itself infested with masked villains again if Nightwing goes down this road.

Read the Long Halloween and Dark Victory. Both show the classical criminal elements slowly fading away in the face of a new wave of crime, a new type of criminal, ergo Supervillains.

My point is that Gotham Central specifically shows that Cops aren't incompetent just because there are heroes in their city. Obviously there are levels of crime they can't handle, which is when the superheroes step in. However, that counters your point about the Chicago PD. You questioned whether or not they'd be written as incompetent just because Nightwing's in there city now. I'm giving you an actual example of that not happening, with Batman and the Gotham PD coexisting and working together. Batman takes out the major threats and the police pick up the smaller threats, specifically so he can be free to take down the Joker when the clown goes on another rampage.

Just because Chicago hasn't currently been shown to suffer from major crime doesn't mean that it doesn't have it. Also, what's happening in Forever Evil is taking place apart from what's happening in Nightwing's own comic, as confirmed by the writer in an interview, so yes he is in Chicago right now as far as his series is concerned.

Have you not read Batman Year One? Gotham PD outright attempted to arrest Batman numerous times. They felt just as any police group in our world would about him, as in seeing him as a menace taking the laws into his own hands. That's pretty much exactly how Dick's seen now, a masked vigilante who isn't wanted. And really, that's something new and interesting that Dick's never had to deal with before, and no other hero is currently dealing with. That was one of the most marketed aspects of Nightwing's new path, operating in a city that's against Superheros, but staying and dealing with it regardless. This is exactly the kind of thing character's should be going through, being taken down paths they've never been before for newer and interesting stories. Will Dick's life be more difficult there? Absolutely, and in the end that makes for a better payoff for the fans when the story reaches its eventual conclusion. Nobody wants to read about a hero who never struggles with anything.

And your point is? That Dick should leave Chicago so they don't get new supervillains? I highly doubt that's going to happen. As I pointed out, no superhero stays in a city because of supervillains. They stay because they feel they can have a positive impact on the city itself, because there's crime everywhere. Supervillains not being there are the moment is irrelevant. Superheroes gain supervillains in their cities because its a fictional story that's being written in a modern age where supervillains are the norm. If Dick went to Hong Kong as someone suggested, or New York, or Miami, or any other city in the DC World, I guarantee that despite whatever Yakuza thugs and drug rings were already there in the area, supervillains would be written into the story for Dick to combat, because he's a Superhero, so wherever he goes there's going to be a Supervillain. Arguing that he should leave to prevent that happening is pointless, as it'd just happen anywhere else he went regardless.

Denam_Pavel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By Denam_Pavel

@denam_pavel said:

@denam_pavel said:

@denam_pavel said:

@denam_pavel said:

Read the Long Halloween and Dark Victory. Both show the classical criminal elements slowly fading away in the face of a new wave of crime, a new type of criminal, ergo Supervillains.

My point is that Gotham Central specifically shows that Cops aren't incompetent just because there are heroes in their city. Obviously there are levels of crime they can't handle, which is when the superheroes step in. However, that counters your point about the Chicago PD. You questioned whether or not they'd be written as incompetent just because Nightwing's in there city now. I'm giving you an actual example of that not happening, with Batman and the Gotham PD coexisting and working together. Batman takes out the major threats and the police pick up the smaller threats, specifically so he can be free to take down the Joker when the clown goes on another rampage.

Just because Chicago hasn't currently been shown to suffer from major crime doesn't mean that it doesn't have it. Also, what's happening in Forever Evil is taking place apart from what's happening in Nightwing's own comic, as confirmed by the writer in an interview, so yes he is in Chicago right now as far as his series is concerned.

Have you not read Batman Year One? Gotham PD outright attempted to arrest Batman numerous times. They felt just as any police group in our world would about him, as in seeing him as a menace taking the laws into his own hands. That's pretty much exactly how Dick's seen now, a masked vigilante who isn't wanted. And really, that's something new and interesting that Dick's never had to deal with before, and no other hero is currently dealing with. That was one of the most marketed aspects of Nightwing's new path, operating in a city that's against Superheros, but staying and dealing with it regardless. This is exactly the kind of thing character's should be going through, being taken down paths they've never been before for newer and interesting stories. Will Dick's life be more difficult there? Absolutely, and in the end that makes for a better payoff for the fans when the story reaches its eventual conclusion. Nobody wants to read about a hero who never struggles with anything.

And your point is? That Dick should leave Chicago so they don't get new supervillains? I highly doubt that's going to happen. As I pointed out, no superhero stays in a city because of supervillains. They stay because they feel they can have a positive impact on the city itself, because there's crime everywhere. Supervillains not being there are the moment is irrelevant. Superheroes gain supervillains in their cities because its a fictional story that's being written in a modern age where supervillains are the norm. If Dick went to Hong Kong as someone suggested, or New York, or Miami, or any other city in the DC World, I guarantee that despite whatever Yakuza thugs and drug rings were already there in the area, supervillains would be written into the story for Dick to combat, because he's a Superhero, so wherever he goes there's going to be a Supervillain. Arguing that he should leave to prevent that happening is pointless, as it'd just happen anywhere else he went regardless.

ARREST him yes. Not gun him down before he even did anything close to breaking and entering or disrupting a police investigation. And Batman: Year One takes place at beginning of the superhero era. Chicago used to have several masked vigilantes it takes place years after the establishment of the Justice League Nightwing takes place at a time when Stargirl is shaking hands with the President. And they still have a far more hardline approach then anything the cops in Batman: Year One got up too. In Batman: Year One nobody knew what Batman was about yet. When they did, sentiment changed. Chicago knows exactly what Nightwing is about and still wants him dead.

And in Gotham Central BATMAN is barely even a thing. The police are the main characters giving them the room to show their unreliant competence.

And in Nightwing he's still dealing with Zucco and the Prankster. I'm pretty sure what happened to Nightwing in Forever Evil 1 is intended to effect his character in his solo later on. And yeah if he showed up in New York or Hong Kong there would be supervillains there. So far the writers haven't gone out of their way to show that there currently aren't so I don't have a problem with that. With Chicago they have. And I'm not saying Nightwing should conciously decide to leave for the reason that supervillains will otherwise appear there. I'm saying the writer should make him not go back there because otherwise they'd inevitably write in things that have already been established to not be a thing in Chicago anymore.

And you are blowing this supposed marketing campaign concerning Nightwing way the hell out of proportion. You know what's been marketed? TRINITY WAR. Which wasn't a war at all. Just a six-part crossover where Wonder Woman and Batman are at odds. The splashpanels they showcased months in advance tured out to be literally the ONLY times the three Justice Leagues were in a large engagement with each other. Nightwing will have been in Chicago about as long as Justice League of America lasted. Which had much much more attention and marketing then Nightwing's big move ever did.

Nathaniel_Christopher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@denam_pavel said:

@denam_pavel said:

@denam_pavel said:

@denam_pavel said:

@denam_pavel said:

ARREST him yes. Not gun him down before he even did anything close to breaking and entering or disrupting a police investigation. And Batman: Year One takes place at beginning of the superhero era. Chicago used to have several masked vigilantes it takes place years after the establishment of the Justice League Nightwing takes place at a time when Stargirl is shaking hands with the President. And they still have a far more hardline approach then anything the cops in Batman: Year One got up too. In Batman: Year One nobody knew what Batman was about yet. When they did, sentiment changed. Chicago knows exactly what Nightwing is about and still wants him dead.

And in Gotham Central BATMAN is barely even a thing. The police are the main characters giving them the room to show their unreliant competence.

And in Nightwing he's still dealing with Zucco and the Prankster. I'm pretty sure what happened to Nightwing in Forever Evil 1 is intended to effect his character in his solo later on. And yeah if he showed up in New York or Hong Kong there would be supervillains there. So far the writers haven't gone out of their way to show that there currently aren't so I don't have a problem with that. With Chicago they have. And I'm not saying Nightwing should conciously decide to leave for the reason that supervillains will otherwise appear there. I'm saying the writer should make him not go back there because otherwise they'd inevitably write in things that have already been established to not be a thing in Chicago anymore.

And you are blowing this supposed marketing campaign concerning Nightwing way the hell out of proportion. You know what's been marketed? TRINITY WAR. Which wasn't a war at all. Just a six-part crossover where Wonder Woman and Batman are at odds. The splashpanels they showcased months in advance tured out to be literally the ONLY times the three Justice Leagues were in a large engagement with each other. Nightwing will have been in Chicago about as long as Justice League of America lasted. Which had much much more attention and marketing then Nightwing's big move ever did.

Uh, except they also tried to gun him down as well. This was after maybe his first few appearances, where he was maybe the first or second costumed vigilante to appear and people had no experience with them whatsoever. That obviously wouldn't be the case with any hero, new or old, nowadays, as heroes and villains are everywhere. So Chicago still wants Dick dead, what's your point exactly?

Exactly my point, the police are written as completely competent to deal with the threats at their level, yet the shadow of the Bat is still present in the city, so once again, Nightwing operating in Chicago wouldn't mean the police would have to be portrayed as incompetent.

Except they new all of this before they sent him there, but still sent him there, and established that the city not liking him would be a major part of his comic from now on, so they're clearly ready to deal with that aspect as it'll effect the character. What's more, establishing that there are currently no supervillains there is as easy to change as the color of Dick's costume.

It could effect his solo later on, doesn't mean he'll leave Chicago though, and he's once again still there right now as far as his series is concerned.

As far as it concerns Dick's character, the move to Chicago was heavily marketed since Death of the Family started, and was talked about in terms of getting the character outside of Gotham. Not sure how i'm exaggerating, but that's what happened, and again him being in a city that doesn't like heroes was one of the main aspects DC focused on and fans were interested about. The majority of the readers were happy about it, and still seem to be happy about it. The interviews they gave focusing on Dick and his comic all focused on Chicago, and all have come true. Just because Trinity War was mostly a flop that doesn't change what happened with other marketed events. I don't know that it was marketed more heavily, but it certainly effected more than just one character. Not sure what that has to do with anything though.

To repeat:

"Supervillains not being there are the moment is irrelevant. Superheroes gain supervillains in their cities because its a fictional story that's being written in a modern age where supervillains are the norm. If Dick went to Hong Kong as someone suggested, or New York, or Miami, or any other city in the DC World, I guarantee that despite whatever Yakuza thugs and drug rings were already there in the area, supervillains would be written into the story for Dick to combat, because he's a Superhero, so wherever he goes there's going to be a Supervillain. Arguing that he should leave to prevent that happening is pointless, as it'd just happen anywhere else he went regardless."

I think this debate is pointless after this.

Avatar image for thesonofneptune101
thesonofneptune101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dicksihavestudied: Dude I am so with you on that. I really want the old Nightwing back, Like you said I'm that desperate lol.

Nathaniel_Christopher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So Dick Grayson (Talon) from Earth-3 is dead and buried....hopefully....well he's certainly dead anyways, killed by that world's Joker. Sorry @ritchieb I know you had high hopes for the boy, but he just couldn't cut it...though he did get cut up...

Now that this has been revealed though, i'm wondering what Owlman has in store for Dick. I'd like to think he's too smart to try to convince Dick to join him and replace his counterpart or some such nonsense, but in that last panel you can see The Outsider's apparently worried about Dick's presence and the effect he'll have on Owlman.

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Nathaniel_Christopher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

RitchieB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#90  Edited By RitchieB

@nathaniel_christopher: You may be right and this panel certainly looks as if I am wrong, however this only convinces me that Dick Grayson 3 is alive.

First the less likely possibility, both Owlman and Talon are traitors and Owlman faked Talons death in order to use him as shadow ops agent

Second, It was a ploy that Owlman saw through and simply could not bring himself to kill Talon for turning traitor

Third, (I am a bit surprised that u missed this), Look at he name, TALON, everything about the name suggest he is immortal. If this is the Evil Dick Grayson he full filled his birthright and became an assassin for the court of Owls. every single TALON we know of is immortal. Owlman could have simply never have fought the Court of Owls in this universe like Superman never fought Lex in the Injustice Universe. thus Owlman could believe the Court of Owls is only rumors, like Bruce Wayne did and not know of their regenerative properties.

Thus he could have allowed the Joker to kill him so he could turn into a hero knowing the (now good) court of owls will only revive him.

we have seen multiple TALONS, including Dicks great grandpa and Calvin Rose killed and come back to life.

Nathaniel_Christopher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ritchieb said:

@nathaniel_christopher: You may be right and this panel certainly looks as if I am wrong, however this only convinces me that Dick Grayson 3 is alive.

First the less likely possibility, both Owlman and Talon are traitors and Owlman faked Talons death in order ty o use him as shadow ops agent

Second, It was a ploy that Owlman saw through and simply could not bring himself to kill Talon for turning traitor

Third, (I am a bit surprised that u missed this), Look at he name, TALON, everything about the name suggest he is immortal. If this is the Evil Dick Grayson he full filled his birthright and became an assassin for the court of Owls. every single TALON we know of is immortal. Owlman could have simply never have fought the Court of Owls in this universe like Superman never fought Lex in the Injustice Universe. thus Owlman could believe the Court of Owls is only rumors, like Bruce Wayne did and not know of their regenerative properties.

Thus he could have allowed the Joker to kill him so he could turn into a hero knowing the (now good) court of owls will only revive him.

we have seen multiple TALONS, including Dicks great grandpa and Calvin Rose killed and come back to life.

Yeah I doubt Owlman's a traitor. Really nothing to imply that.

Also don't see why Talon would be a traitor.

Considering that Owlman seems to know about Talon's past, assuming he was part of the entire Court of Owl's thing, he still clearly believes Talon is dead and isn't coming back. It wouldn't make sense for him to know about Dick's background involved with the Court, yet not know anything about the process involving it, especially when Dick's supposedly the person he's closest to and worked with. That'd be a glaring oversight on Owlman's part. Also, considering this is Thomas Wayne, if Dick had a connection to the Court through being a Talon, it'd make just as much sense for Thomas to have actually been a part of the Court, and therefore have even more reason to know about it and the way things worked, yet still is again confident that Dick is dead, and is apparently effected enough that just seeing another version of him is a risk in Outsider's opinion. What's more, Dick's been chopped up, with each of his body parts separated. We've seen that there are limits to the regeneration of abilities of the Talon's, such as exposure to cold. Wouldn't be surprised if they're not able to come back with all their limbs separated. We've seen no Talon die in such a way and come back.

JayAaerow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#92  Edited By JayAaerow

@ritchieb

@ritchieb said:

First the less likely possibility, both Owlman and Talon are traitors and Owlman faked Talons death in order ty o use him as shadow ops agent

Yeah I doubt Owlman's a traitor. Really nothing to imply that.

Also don't see why Talon would be a traitor.

Considering that Owlman seems to know about Talon's past, assuming he was part of the entire Court of Owl's thing, he still clearly believes Talon is dead and isn't coming back. It wouldn't make sense for him to know about Dick's background involved with the Court, yet not know anything about the process involving it, especially when Dick's supposedly the person he's closest to and worked with. That'd be a glaring oversight on Owlman's part. Also, considering this is Thomas Wayne, if Dick had a connection to the Court through being a Talon, it'd make just as much sense for Thomas to have actually been a part of the Court, and therefore have even more reason to know about it and the way things worked, yet still is again confident that Dick is dead, and is apparently effected enough that just seeing another version of him is a risk in Outsider's opinion. What's more, Dick's been chopped up, with each of his body parts separated. We've seen that there are limits to the regeneration of abilities of the Talon's, such as exposure to cold. Wouldn't be surprised if they're not able to come back with all their limbs separated. We've seen no Talon die in such a way and come back.

First off: Dick Grayson(Talon) in Earth 3 is dead. The Court of Owls thing is a Prime Earth Dick Grayson story. Events on Earth 3(Where Talon, Owlman, CS is from) are different. He's not coming back from the dead as far as we can see. He's been dead for some time. Secret Society #1 Forever Evil's issue says this. And he was cut up into pieces. He isn't coming back as far as we can see. The Outsider hinted that Owlman would more then likely ask him to join him, as he misses his Dick Grayson.

Two: Earth 3 Dick Grayson was told something that ended up getting him riled up and going after Earth 3's Joker(Jokester) and ended up getting him killed. He's not exactly a happy go lucky good guy either. He's still crazy. Motive is different, though. And got cut up. he's not going to be some Shadow Ops person in secret. Owlman isn't a good guy. It wouldn't make sense for him to betray the Crime Syndicate.

I don't see how Earth 3 Dick Grayson is going to make a living appearance and contribute to the plot physically. He's dead and is /NOT/ a Talon that we know of from the Prime Earth universe,where they're superhuman assasssins. He simply has the name to go with Owlman's theme of owls. Talon has been a name around for Owlman's protege since before the Court of Owls were inserted into the current continuity.

RitchieB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By RitchieB

@nathaniel_christopher:

I agree. I think owlman being a traitor is very unlikely.

As of Thomas knowing and/or being in the Court of Owls is unlikely, You must consider it this way our Dick Grayson was born into a secret society that not even Bruce had known to exist, had grayson's parents not been killed and Bruce taken him in, our Dick Grayson very well might have become a Talon and assassinated people as villain.

The reverse of that would be Grayson 3 was born into a secret society that Thomas didnt know about, grayson 3 parents were killed and he was adopted by Thomas to become a villain, hence if he had not been adopted he may have been a hero.

third about beliefs, Bruce clearly thought Jason was dead and never coming back but Jason did and Bruce did not know for a long time while his enemies did. so someone shockingly coming back to life isn't unheard of in a Batman comic.

finally, cold did not kill the talons it just stopped their movements and regeneration had they been warmed-up they would come back to life. Also on the same token we have also never seen a Talon killed.

@jayaaerow

this is the new fifty two so there is nothing that state the court of owls is exclusive to this universe, there are many things in worlds one, two, and three that mirror or are slightly altered from each other their is no absolute proof the Court is any different. adding further the Trinity War was set as the first Universe wide cross over before the court of owls. So why of all names would they choose to link Talons and the Court, if they did not intend them to be associated together considering they already had plans for Trinity War.

We don't know exactly what the Jokester said, He could have revealed Grayson's true origins which caused him to defect.

to both

it is fairly obvious that they are going somewhere with this whole Thomas connection to Dick Grayson thing. so we must consider the options

One: Thomas cant bare another Dick Grayson being killed, when Grayson obviously escapes (he is seen fighting owlman and Ultraman in Justice League 25 cover )and Owlman defects to help Dick Grayson

Two: Talon is alive, big shock to Thomas. Helps our grayson or helps the JL comeback from Earth 3.

Three: Dick Grayson turns evil and joins the crime syndicate for no real apparent reason.

Four: Dick Grayson is somehow the key to defeating crime syndicate

Five: IDK what other options do you guys see

KnightRise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ritchieb: You're leaping to conclusions on the Talon connection. Several versions of Owlman have had several versions of Talon as their Robin counterpart.

Nathaniel_Christopher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ritchieb said:

@nathaniel_christopher:

As of Thomas knowing and/or being in the Court of Owls is unlikely, You must consider it this way our Dick Grayson was born into a secret society that not even Bruce had known to exist, had grayson's parents not been killed and Bruce taken him in, our Dick Grayson very well might have become a Talon and assassinated people as villain.

The reverse of that would be Grayson 3 was born into a secret society that Thomas didnt know about, grayson 3 parents were killed and he was adopted by Thomas to become a villain, hence if he had not been adopted he may have been a hero.

third about beliefs, Bruce clearly thought Jason was dead and never coming back but Jason did and Bruce did not know for a long time while his enemies did. so someone shockingly coming back to life isn't unheard of in a Batman comic.

finally, cold did not kill the talons it just stopped their movements and regeneration had they been warmed-up they would come back to life. Also on the same token we have also never seen a Talon killed.

You're only looking at the idea of a reverse world in terms of one character, and every single situation which its not. One major flaw is that you're talking about Bruce not having ties to the Court of Owls, and its true he doesn't, but Thomas Wayne did, and that's who's Owlman here, so it makes just as much sense for him to have ties to the Court as it does for Dick. If Dick has deeper ties with the Court here, there's no reason Thomas can't also have deeper ties with the Court. Both taking on names allied with the Court also hint at that. And even then, it makes just as much sense for an alternate evil version of Bruce Wayne to now be allied with the Court. Being alternate doesn't mean you can or can't be allied with a similar group as your good sided counterpart. On many Earth-3's Ultraman's not even an alien, sometimes Superwoman's not an Amazon, etc.

The idea of Dick being a hero on Earth-3 goes entirely against the idea of a reverse world to begin with to be honest.

Wouldn't change the fact that Talon is still by all accounts currently dead.

I didn't say cold killed them. I pointed out that their regeneration abilities aren't perfect, and again haven't been shown to deal with anything on the level of what Talon's suffered here.

@knightrise I agree. Earth-3 Owlman and Talon have been around for a long time. It's perfectly possible neither are related to the Court of Owls at all.

graysonofgotham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By graysonofgotham

Infinite Crisis kind of proved the Dick Grayson of The Crime Syndicate's world could be a good guy. Dick was an anomaly of sorts.

Batman: And what about Dick Grayson?

Kal-L:Yes?

Batman: Is he a better man on your Earth than he is on mine?

Kal-L: No.

Batman: I didn't think so.

Nathaniel_Christopher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That was also back when the Jokester was just that, a guy playing jokes on people. Now he's a deadly murderer who's apparently just as big a threat to Owlman as the Joker is to Batman. In general, every continuity involved with DC right now has been darker than the previous ones.

JayAaerow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ritchieb said:

@nathaniel_christopher:

@jayaaerow

this is the new fifty two so there is nothing that state the court of owls is exclusive to this universe, there are many things in worlds one, two, and three that mirror or are slightly altered from each other their is no absolute proof the Court is any different. adding further the Trinity War was set as the first Universe wide cross over before the court of owls. So why of all names would they choose to link Talons and the Court, if they did not intend them to be associated together considering they already had plans for Trinity War.

We don't know exactly what the Jokester said, He could have revealed Grayson's true origins which caused him to defect.

to both

it is fairly obvious that they are going somewhere with this whole Thomas connection to Dick Grayson thing. so we must consider the options

One: Thomas cant bare another Dick Grayson being killed, when Grayson obviously escapes (he is seen fighting owlman and Ultraman in Justice League 25 cover )and Owlman defects to help Dick Grayson

Two: Talon is alive, big shock to Thomas. Helps our grayson or helps the JL comeback from Earth 3.

Three: Dick Grayson turns evil and joins the crime syndicate for no real apparent reason.

Four: Dick Grayson is somehow the key to defeating crime syndicate

Five: IDK what other options do you guys see

1)No one knows what Earth 3 Dick Grayson could of turned out. There's not much information about that at all. Today, though, one article in DCComics.com talking about the chaos the villains are causing and mentioned the "Court of Bats". http://www.dccomics.com/blog/2013/10/01/tuesday-roundup-lights-out-for-green-lantern?adid=dchero1_What-does-the-DC-Universe-look-like-after-Villains-Month-It%E2%80%99s-time-to-find-out%E2%80%A6 and we know whatever Owlman told him was bad enough to leave Earth 3 Dick Grayson in rage.

2) Of course Bruce didn't think he wasn't going to comeback. Was he suppose to predict someone taking his body and resurrecting him via the Lazarus Pit?

3)Wouldn't matter. Earth 3 Talon =/= Prime Earth Talon. They're both different. Talon are the Court of Owl's Assassin agent. Talon in Earth 3 is Owlman's protege.

Your first and third theory sound very believable. We know Owlman must really miss his Dick Grayson, as the Outsider now wants him dead but can't just end him without Owlman possible getting upset. The Outsider also hinted he anticiaptes Owlman would ask Nightwing to join him, wanting to have his old protege once again. And it's more then likely Nightwing will be an unexpected key to defeating the Crime Syndicate, as he's rather close to one of their major members(Owlman).

DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

so whats the newest going on with Dick Grayson since he was revealed?

graysonofgotham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers