Is 'Grayson' being cancelled for Convergence???

vernierhawk001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I noticed that the solicits for Grayson do not extend past March on dccomics.com. Has it been cancelled?

http://www.dccomics.com/comics/grayson-2014/grayson-8

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By JakeN7

Every DC book goes on hiatus for 2 months while Convergence happens.

If you're wondering whether it's one of the 20+ titles that will be continuing after Convergence, follow this link.

It is.

nightwingism

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Grayson will continue after Convergence. It has been confirmed by multiple sources, and the writer themselves

It is one of DC's more popular series so it'd be dumb to cancel it now

mysoulz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Grayson will continue after Convergence. It has been confirmed by multiple sources, and the writer themselves

It is one of DC's more popular series so it'd be dumb to cancel it now

I agree. The title has impressive sales.

vernierhawk001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Unfortunately "it would be dumb" does not guarantee DC will not do whatever "it" is nowadays. But thanks for the info everyone!

nightwingism

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@vernierhawk001: DC is still the same company it has been for the past 76 years or so. They still will produce the things that give them money. And Grayson is giving them more money than some of the other comics they are keeping around.

And on the "revealed post-convergence" new and returning 48 titles, Grayson was one of them.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

Grayson is doing more business than Nightwing did so I doubt it.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

Aside from making Midnighter a jobber, Grayson has been one of DC's better books by far, at least equalling the quality of Higgins' run, if not surpassing it in some areas. I doubt it would get cancelled.

Avatar image for youknowwhattodo
youknowwhattodo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By youknowwhattodo

Like what everyone else said, Grayson is not going to be canceled post-convergence and we should be seeing the solicits for the 9th issue in a few days. It is nice to see that the trinity of Seeley, King and Janin are staying together post-Convergence, for how long is another question.

From a sales perspective, Grayson isn't in the healthiest of places (at least when compared to the sales of Higgin's Nightwing run) as of now it's selling just above the lowest point of the Higgin's run and unless DC really puts lot into it in terms of appearances to draw in readers or readership skyrockets on it's own (unlikely), Grayson will end up selling less than Higgin's Nightwing.

Of course, there are several reasons why Higgin's run sold a lot, mostly due to the relaunch, the tie-ins to the Batman books and Dick being a 'centerpiece' of Forever Evil helped stir up and keep interest, while Grayson as of now only has itself to prop up sales.

Just to clarify, the sales aren't in the toilet, many books would kill for those numbers as it is still outselling many other A-List titles.

vernierhawk001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanks for the info, again, everyone. I did not really have any clue about the numbers but I thought Grayson would have been doing at least as well as Higgins' Nightwing. That being said, I enjoy both runs. What's more, I think they compliment each other (which is a welcome change considering how some writers may come on to a title and throw whatever work the previous author had done to the four winds). Higgins set up a strong DG and Seely and Co are following through on some of those themes