Does he have any friends in the new 52?

Regas13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

The title speaks for itself, Pre-52 he was friends with almost everyone but now in the new-52 he seems less popular in the superhero community. I know him and some of the bat family seem close, he lost pretty much everyone from the circus after DOTF, and he seemed to have a falling out with Roy and Starfire. Does he have any other friends?

Vitacura

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Barbara and Sonia maybe.

JohnnyGat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Damia... wait

vernierhawk001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not Tim anymore. Smh. Talk about being royally screwed by the reboot

Alak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Alak

He doesn't seem to have any particularly close friends at the moment. However, he does have a good relationship with pretty much everyone around him. Currently, his roommate(s) could be considered as friends.

Avatar image for nathaniel_christopher
Nathaniel_Christopher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not that we've seen. Though, and this is the one bright side, we haven't actually seen him interact with most superheros at this point. The absence of evidence is not the evidence of absence and all that. Just because we haven't seen him interact with these people doesn't mean he doesn't have some type of relationship to them. It could mean that, but it could also just mean they haven't gotten around to it yet. We know where he stands with the rest of the Bat Family, where he stands with Roy and Kori, but the Justice League? The Teen Titans? No idea. Assuming that his year as Batman still played out the same as it did Pre-Flashpoint, he would've been part of some iteration of the Justice League.

vernierhawk001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not that we've seen. Though, and this is the one bright side, we haven't actually seen him interact with most superheros at this point. The absence of evidence is not the evidence of absence and all that. Just because we haven't seen him interact with these people doesn't mean he doesn't have some type of relationship to them. It could mean that, but it could also just mean they haven't gotten around to it yet. We know where he stands with the rest of the Bat Family, where he stands with Roy and Kori, but the Justice League? The Teen Titans? No idea. Assuming that his year as Batman still played out the same as it did Pre-Flashpoint, he would've been part of some iteration of the Justice League.

Idk about Dick being on an iteration of the League. When did issue 1 of the JL occur?

Nathaniel_Christopher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nathaniel_christopher said:

Idk about Dick being on an iteration of the League. When did issue 1 of the JL occur?

No clue, and the timeline for the Bat Family is screwed up anyways, but assuming that the JL was founded at that point I think it would've played out as it did Pre-Flashpoint with Dick being a part of the team for a time.

vernierhawk001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vernierhawk001 said:

No clue, and the timeline for the Bat Family is screwed up anyways, but assuming that the JL was founded at that point I think it would've played out as it did Pre-Flashpoint with Dick being a part of the team for a time.

I have assumed that it was in the Bruce's 5th year as Batman that issue I occurred. In other words, I thought that we were "reading" the event as it unfolded in "real time" (in the comic book world). So Dick would have already been Batman for a year before the whole thing happened

SmoothJammin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By SmoothJammin

I think he has a few. A couple fall along the line of aquaintances as they are his room mates but you still have Sonia and perhaps babs although she is more or less a co-worker. Damian if he was still alive.

Nathaniel_Christopher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vernierhawk001 said:

I have assumed that it was in the Bruce's 5th year as Batman that issue I occurred. In other words, I thought that we were "reading" the event as it unfolded in "real time" (in the comic book world). So Dick would have already been Batman for a year before the whole thing happened

Well it's certainly possible, and if true just reduces the connections Dick has even further. You've got Tim...founding the Teen Titans (I'm never going to get over that slight to Dick Grayson's character), Jason with the Outlaws, Bruce with the Justice League, and Dick with nothing.

vernierhawk001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vernierhawk001 said:

@vernierhawk001 said:

Well it's certainly possible, and if true just reduces the connections Dick has even further. You've got Tim...founding the Teen Titans (I'm never going to get over that slight to Dick Grayson's character), Jason with the Outlaws, Bruce with the Justice League, and Dick with nothing.

You forget Babs with BoP and Catwoman with JLA. Every member of the batfamily has a team book except for the one who most deserves one (no, I am not forgetting Batwoman. I don't consider her part of the family.)

Nightwing4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Friends outside the bat family? No. Why? Because most of them no longer exist.

I like the New 52 to an extent but....gah

Nathaniel_Christopher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vernierhawk001 said:

@vernierhawk001 said:

You forget Babs with BoP and Catwoman with JLA. Every member of the batfamily has a team book except for the one who most deserves one (no, I am not forgetting Batwoman. I don't consider her part of the family.)

LOL I didn't forget. I was just simply counting the members of the family that matter (To me lol) If I don't follow a character to some extent i'll hardly ever really think of them.

vernierhawk001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vernierhawk001 said:

@vernierhawk001 said:

@vernierhawk001 said:

LOL I didn't forget. I was just simply counting the members of the family that matter (To me lol) If I don't follow a character to some extent i'll hardly ever really think of them.

Haha....lol. Point taken