#1 Posted by Squalleon (4524 posts) - - Show Bio

Nightwing will get beat up so bad from Superwoman and Ultraman that he will be near-death.

And that will be a catalyst for some heroes/villians to work together or something like that.

#2 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29499 posts) - - Show Bio

This will surely end well.

#3 Edited by BaneStrokeLoboGrundyBatArrow (1394 posts) - - Show Bio

Idk I'm excited though.

#4 Edited by ManofIron11 (60 posts) - - Show Bio
#5 Posted by Squalleon (4524 posts) - - Show Bio

@manofiron11: i don't know i think superwoman will beat him because they are gonna meet in FE #1

#6 Posted by RitchieB (221 posts) - - Show Bio

@squalleon:

He might get roughed up a bit but no more so then usual. you got to consider that Forever Evil is in September and they gave him an annual for October so he should be just fine therefore him getting hurt in the first two of 7 is unlikely. Now Forever Evil is 7 parts so it will take up 7 months but I highly doubt DC is going to mess with one of their best selling comics, plus they announced a new direction, plus they showed they value him by giving him an annual (which he did not get last year), so those three show that DC wont mess with him.

I predicted that this will be the makings of a new team book for Nightwing ( you can check it out in " Are All The Pieces Coming Together?" post that I made a few days ago.

so I believe that this is what will happen ( the team) and not him ending up crippled for the multiple reasons I said in this and my other post.

#7 Edited by QueenCorp15 (1032 posts) - - Show Bio

I doubt theyd do anything outragis like kill him cuz their would be fandom outrage

#8 Posted by vernierhawk001 (534 posts) - - Show Bio

So I was looking at some of the latest in for Forever Evil and had this thought: What if Nightwing really does "die"? What if, in the wake of the craziness that ensues when the Trinity War ends and the JL teams disappear, Dick decides to either fake his own death or simply set aside the Nightwing mantle and pick up the mantle of the Bat in order to give hope/organize resistance to the Crime Syndicate. In doing this, he joins or recruits the villains to help him. Thoughts?

#9 Posted by AColombia (102 posts) - - Show Bio

@vernierhawk001: I doubt he'd be the Bat again Bruce is back but the rest of the theory is pretty good!

#10 Posted by Nathaniel_Christopher (1596 posts) - - Show Bio

So I was looking at some of the latest in for Forever Evil and had this thought: What if Nightwing really does "die"? What if, in the wake of the craziness that ensues when the Trinity War ends and the JL teams disappear, Dick decides to either fake his own death or simply set aside the Nightwing mantle and pick up the mantle of the Bat in order to give hope/organize resistance to the Crime Syndicate. In doing this, he joins or recruits the villains to help him. Thoughts?

I can't really see it happening, but its a nice idea. I think my problem with ideas like that, are similar to the problems I have with a major character "dying" and then being brought back in short order. Something like that has to have a lasting effect on the character, and last a certain amount of time. Where Dick is now in his comic it's hard for me to see him going down this path. Role things back to say the end of Death of the Family and I could see it.

#11 Edited by RitchieB (221 posts) - - Show Bio

@nathaniel_christopher: @vernierhawk001

I agree with Nathaniel Christopher, Higgins has stated many many times that his whole goal is to make Nightwing a readily recognized character. So with this chance for major publicity for his character I don't see him wrapping up Grayson in a Batman costume.

but I am also very against Dick Grayson the possible future of Dick Grayson becoming Batman. I think he should stay Nightwing forever, thats just my opinion so I could be really biased. I'd like Grayson to be Gothams hero but not in a Batman costume.

#12 Posted by AColombia (102 posts) - - Show Bio

@ritchieb: he already has been Batman pre this crap reboot he was Batman, and even in the new 52 it's still canon that he was the Bat for a while.

#13 Posted by RitchieB (221 posts) - - Show Bio

@acolombia: i meant on a permanent basis like when bruce dies or retires for good

#14 Edited by AColombia (102 posts) - - Show Bio

@ritchieb: in the old DCU it was implied he would've been the permanent Batman for Gotham while Bruce went global with Batman Inc. but reboot ruined that

#15 Posted by RitchieB (221 posts) - - Show Bio

@acolombia:

yea I don't like Dick Grayson as Batman, I like more of the old Earth 2 Grayson were he acknowledged all the great things Bruce did but kept his own mantle when Bruce died. I think that he should stay Nightwing, sure Gotham without a Bat would be rocky at first but I am sure Grayson could see it threw.

#16 Posted by AColombia (102 posts) - - Show Bio

@ritchieb: IMO he made a great Batman and was a great Dynamic Duo with Damian

#17 Posted by Denam_Pavel (155 posts) - - Show Bio

He made a great Dynamic Duo but I see little good coming out of him doning the cloak again just for this.

#18 Posted by AColombia (102 posts) - - Show Bio
#19 Posted by vernierhawk001 (534 posts) - - Show Bio

@ritchieb said:

@acolombia:

yea I don't like Dick Grayson as Batman, I like more of the old Earth 2 Grayson were he acknowledged all the great things Bruce did but kept his own mantle when Bruce died. I think that he should stay Nightwing, sure Gotham without a Bat would be rocky at first but I am sure Grayson could see it threw.

Isn't that what the whole "Battle for the Cowl" arc was about, though: Gotham failing without the Bat to watch over it.

#20 Posted by Nightwingdg (83 posts) - - Show Bio

What if the unthinkable is that Bruce Wayne turns Evil.

#21 Posted by Nathaniel_Christopher (1596 posts) - - Show Bio

What if the unthinkable is that Bruce Wayne turns Evil.

It's turn out to be a clone or some sort of mind control and would swiftly be forgiven with few lasting repercussions unless he killed someone like Alfred or Dick.

I see it as inevitable that Dick will end up in the Bat Costume eventually.

#22 Posted by AColombia (102 posts) - - Show Bio

@nathaniel_christopher: he already was the Bat pre new 52 and even in new 52 his time as Batman with Damian as Robin is still canon

#23 Edited by SmoothJammin (2333 posts) - - Show Bio
@squalleon said:

Nightwing will get beat up so bad from Superwoman and Ultraman that he will be near-death.

And that will be a catalyst for some heroes/villians to work together or something like that.

November's solicits for Justice League 25 almost make it seem like Owlman is looking out for Nightwing. I've got a hunch that Owlman wants him alive perhaps b/c he was fond of the Dick Grayson in his time stream. Whatever it is, it's still way too early to tell.

I could be dead wrong, however.
#24 Posted by Nathaniel_Christopher (1596 posts) - - Show Bio

@nathaniel_christopher: he already was the Bat pre new 52 and even in new 52 his time as Batman with Damian as Robin is still canon

I'm talking about a permanent basis, as in when/if Bruce ever retired for good.

#25 Edited by AColombia (102 posts) - - Show Bio

@nathaniel_christopher: Wont know for sure since the stupid reboot came along but pre new 52 he probably would've been the permanent Batman for Gotham while Bruce went global

#26 Posted by Nathaniel_Christopher (1596 posts) - - Show Bio

@nathaniel_christopher: Wont know for sure since the stupid reboot came along but pre new 52 he probably would've been the permanent Batman for Gotham while Bruce went global

I know lol again that's exactly what I said.