• 96 results
#1 Edited by richardjohngrayson (445 posts) - - Show Bio
#2 Posted by Z3RO180 (6718 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't think they will kill nightwing the book is going strong and DC would not be that hastey to kill another bat character so soon after killing Damian least off all Dick Grayson I mean that dudes got a fan base rivia king batman,

#3 Posted by ArturoCalaKayVee (12660 posts) - - Show Bio

If they kill Nightwing, I kill DC.

#4 Posted by V_Scarlotte_Rose (6540 posts) - - Show Bio

Seems more likely he'll become a villain to me.

#5 Posted by Dark_Guyver (2431 posts) - - Show Bio

Yea, I highly doubt they will kill Dick Grayson. 1. His book is selling very well. 2. We just had a major death, Damian Wayne, 3. They just killed of Bruce's love interest in Dark Knight. It's highly unlikely that Nightwing will get the axe.

#6 Posted by The_Lunact_And_Manic (3286 posts) - - Show Bio

He'll just get stomped by the bad guy, like in Night Of Owls.

#7 Edited by Night Thrasher (3709 posts) - - Show Bio

It's DC so trying to be logical is out of the question!

#8 Edited by SavageDragon (2252 posts) - - Show Bio

Theres no merit to these rumor threads.

#9 Posted by Telcalipoca (963 posts) - - Show Bio

Seems more likely he'll become a villain to me.

i havent read nightwing since death of the family issue so i dont know what has happened with him lately.but given his history and personality i find extremely unlikely.

#10 Posted by richardjohngrayson (445 posts) - - Show Bio

Theres no merit to these rumor threads.

I hope you're right, bro.

#11 Posted by V_Scarlotte_Rose (6540 posts) - - Show Bio

@telcalipoca: I'm just going by the fact that "One of our major recognizable characters will be affected in a very dramatic way.", in an event about villains, and I kind of doubt he'd be killed off.

#12 Posted by Darkseid_Prime (193 posts) - - Show Bio

Seriously... I will stop reading all together. Comics, books, street signs, instruction manuals, web sites, news papers and magazines. I'll learn binary if they kill him off like he's some second rate character. If they need to kill someone else don't make it another of the Batman Family... kill Cyborg or Guy Gardner or that bug girl... someone we haven't invested in and don't even like in the first place.

#13 Posted by AColombia (102 posts) - - Show Bio

Same I'm extremely pissed I hate the reboot it ruined his history butmi was like whatever I love the character regardless. But don't be surprised Didio has wanted to kill him since Infinite Crisis he will jump at the chance.

#14 Posted by Tacos_Kickass (844 posts) - - Show Bio

Theres nothing in those links that lead me to think Nightwing is going to die, no proof or anything just a random dude saying something might happen. It holds the exact same merit as me saying Thor is going to run off and marry the Hulk, then die during the honeymoon in an upcoming event.

#15 Posted by AColombia (102 posts) - - Show Bio

@tacos_kickass: hope you're right. I'd be less worried if Didio wasn't so pushed on killing him.

#16 Posted by RustyRoy (14005 posts) - - Show Bio

You guys are overreacting, DC isn't going to kill off the star of one of their best selling books, and when there has already been two important Batman character deaths. Didio is trying to scare the fans probably to boost sales and even if DC kills him off they'll bring him back before his 75th anniversary.

#17 Posted by Tohoma (1621 posts) - - Show Bio
#18 Posted by SuperJedi17 (300 posts) - - Show Bio

I have no idea what to think of this,i have become a dick grayson fan since i started reading comics(new 52)and i would hate to not have any future stories with him,i already got a damn comic box labeled nightwing,wth do i do with THAT if they kill him!? Anyway,it would be super dumb to kill him off,but him not having a September solicit,while every other book does,worries me.

#19 Posted by SmoothJammin (2350 posts) - - Show Bio

Isn't his book almost cracking the top 10 highest sells for dc? Last I checked his numbers were comparable to action comics

#20 Edited by AColombia (102 posts) - - Show Bio

Does anyone think it'll only be a rumor? Cus Didio has had it out for Grayson since 2007. But why kill him? His comic is one of the few that have high sales in the New 52, he's almost as popular as Bruce himself, and the Batfam just had a big death, Damian why kill another bat member so soon? That'll piss off a lot of fans and DC has enough problems. And I know if they kill him they'll bring him back but after how long! It took 21 yrs to bring back Jason Todd, 23 for Barry Allen, 21 yrs to let Barbara walk again, and Lian Harper hasn't been around in 5 yrs. I don't wanna wait 5 to 20 yrs for Dick to return, especially now that he's supposedly just starting out in Chicago.

#21 Posted by Alak (928 posts) - - Show Bio

It sounds like a scare tactic to promote sales.

#22 Posted by Nerx (15087 posts) - - Show Bio

DC is gonna get circumcised

#23 Posted by BaneStrokeLoboGrundyBatArrow (1405 posts) - - Show Bio

Ha! Killing Nightwing... Wait they are going to kill him nonoonononobonoobbooninonknoblifksjsszizisnbajakakzoxi

#24 Posted by AColombia (102 posts) - - Show Bio

@superjedi17: It may not have to be worrisome, I saw someone ask Tynion the guy writes the Outlaws, about it too they don't have a September solicitation either, he said it was because the second tie in books don't have it they'll be back in October. maybe thats Nightwing's case too.

#25 Posted by SideburnGuru (1338 posts) - - Show Bio

DC doing something that would tick off their fans?

Nothing new here.

#26 Posted by GTG12 (1548 posts) - - Show Bio

They better not kill him off.

#27 Posted by AColombia (102 posts) - - Show Bio

@gtg12: knowing Didio who wanted to kill Nightwing since 2007 I sadly don't have high hopes of it not being true,

#28 Posted by Nathaniel_Christopher (1687 posts) - - Show Bio

I have to agree with others and say the sales are to good for them to kill him off. From a monetary standpoint it just wouldn't make any sense. Then there's the fact that there was just a major Death in the Family (LOL). Then take into account that Dick's still really just getting to a new city. Finally, with the whole possible death back during Infinite Crisis it made some sense, as Dick was a major character in the DCU back then. The guy people trusted most after Superman. Now....I don't even know what he is anymore.

#29 Edited by bigtewell (749 posts) - - Show Bio

@darkseid_prime: ok I get killing cyborg hes annoying since dcs trying to make him a big character but why the hate on guy gardner hes awesome

#30 Posted by The Stegman (26064 posts) - - Show Bio

It ain't gonna happen.

#31 Edited by smiling4ever (35 posts) - - Show Bio

They better not. fan base is huge and sales are excellent.

#32 Posted by SuperJedi17 (300 posts) - - Show Bio

@acolombia said:

@superjedi17: It may not have to be worrisome, I saw someone ask Tynion the guy writes the Outlaws, about it too they don't have a September solicitation either, he said it was because the second tie in books don't have it they'll be back in October. maybe thats Nightwing's case too.

I hope that's the case.

#33 Posted by SmoothJammin (2350 posts) - - Show Bio

@smiling4ever: Keep on smiling. There ain't no gettin' offa this train we on.. all aboard the DG Bandwagon!!!

Guy loses control while driving animated gif

#34 Posted by smiling4ever (35 posts) - - Show Bio
#35 Posted by StrangeMan (411 posts) - - Show Bio

I couldn't care less by now, he'll probably won't be killed, but Didio's stupidity seems to have no limits, and by the idiotic bullcrap he's pulled over the years I wouldn't be surprised if he did. Also, for anyone wondering, he hates Dick... and Wally... and DC for that matter...

#36 Edited by AColombia (102 posts) - - Show Bio

@strangeman: exactly my point he's ruined so many awesome characters. I hate the new 52 it ruined so much of Dicks history but I keep reading cus I love Nightwing, but if they kill him I'm dropping DC for good,

#37 Posted by richardjohngrayson (445 posts) - - Show Bio

#38 Posted by AColombia (102 posts) - - Show Bio
#39 Posted by Nightwing_Beyond (162 posts) - - Show Bio

If Dick Grayson isn't an active hero doing his thing by Trinity War's end, I'm dropping all my DC titles. I've already swallowed his appauling treatment as a cheap stunt in Injustice: Gods Among Us, I just want to read stories about my favorite character doing awesome things. Marvel and all the other companies have great books out right now, I can easily drop my DC books out of spite. There's only so much of Dick dying or failing that I could take before becoming annoyed with the lack of progress in developing my favorite character. Dick Grayson is an aspirational character that we as fans want to see overcome adversity (that's his appeal). I don't think Dick will die but, I have a lingering feeling that something happens to the character that morphs him into something unrecognizable... Instead of shelving the now limited character roster thanks to the New 52, why not add more characters to it since so many characters have yet to be seen? Dick Grayson is the character that got me into comics and the DC Universe and possibly, he may also be the one to get me out too.

#40 Posted by AColombia (102 posts) - - Show Bio

Apparently confirmed they're gonna kill him off and he'll be the. Oat impacted character, wel.looks .oke I'm dropping my my DC titles. Didio I hate you even more now I don't see a good reason to kill Dick especially so little after Damian died.

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2013/06/26/nightwing-to-be-the-central-affected-character-in-forever-evil-and-villains-month/

#41 Edited by Nightwingdg (83 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd rather have DC: Nightwing Month.

Each issue that month, Nightwing beats every villain in the DC universe to an inch of their lives.

#43 Posted by AColombia (102 posts) - - Show Bio

@richardjohngrayson: you and I both. I know they may bring him back but when? Jason took 21 years to come back, Barry Allen like 25 and 21 to have Barbara walk again. Plus Damian just died. It's like Didio wants to have fans hate him I mean they didn't let him kill Dick in 2007 for a reason why now?

#44 Posted by dropkickjake (52 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm actually more worried about him becoming a villain somehow. With Millers treatment of Dick in the Dark Knight Strikes Back, and DC's apparent love for a) dark-gritty and b) putting Grayson through the ringer, I'm afraid its a real possibility.

#45 Posted by Vitacura (91 posts) - - Show Bio
#46 Posted by Mercy_ (91881 posts) - - Show Bio

Wouldn't be surprised, DC seem to be doing the opposite of what the majority actually wants lately.

And I always find it amusing when people source GothamSpoilers, who happens to be an active member here.

#47 Posted by NovaRichRider (327 posts) - - Show Bio

greaaat, kill another one of my beloved favorites. my top ten is beginning to look like a hit list.

#48 Posted by MartianManhunterIsBetterThanCyborg (2273 posts) - - Show Bio

They are not killing Nightwing off. This is just like when they supposedly killed Catwoman. Dick Grayson is who the general audience thinks of when they think of Robin.

#49 Posted by SmoothJammin (2350 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't follow. Why are they treating Dick as their martyr? Why not Tim? Jason?

This doesn't add up boys.

#50 Posted by SmoothJammin (2350 posts) - - Show Bio

Didio better have top notch security on hand.