Could you say goodbye to the Nightwing mantle?

redwingx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By redwingx

The odds aren't looking good for the mantle, a strong direction is about to happen for Dick which will make DC load of money if it becomes a success.

Can you do it? Say goodbye? Accept that It's a permanent change and that this is Dick's new future?

Avatar image for youknowwhattodo
youknowwhattodo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By youknowwhattodo

I can accept it, even though this is a pretty big change for my favorite character, let's keep in mind that the name of this character page is Dick Grayson, not Nightwing. Dick Grayson has gone through so much changes over the years that I for one can't pin him to just one particular alter-ego unlike Batman and Superman, it's one of the reasons why he's my favorite character and why I believe he is the best comic book character of all time. He represents evolution and liberation in a industry known for its stagnation and conservative thinking (not politically).

I will say though, don't be 100% sure that we've seen the last of the Nightwing mantle, just last year, DC trademarked the Nightwing symbol, let's keep in mind that Marvel trademarked the Guardians of the Galaxy symbol a few years ago, since then their role in the MCU has increased and they have a movie coming out in August. It wouldn't surprise me at all if after a year or two, Dick Grayson returns to the role, or the DCCU decides to incorporate Dick Grayson as Nightwing.

Avatar image for graysonofgotham
graysonofgotham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I can accept it, even though this is a pretty big change for my favorite character, let's keep in mind that the name of this character page is Dick Grayson, not Nightwing. Dick Grayson has gone through so much changes over the years that I for one can't pin him to just one particular alter-ego unlike Batman and Superman, it's one of the reasons why he's my favorite character and why I believe he is the best comic book character of all time. He represents evolution and liberation in a industry known for its stagnation and conservative thinking (not politically).

I will say though, don't be 100% sure that we've seen the last of the Nightwing mantle, just last year, DC trademarked the Nightwing symbol, let's keep in mind that Marvel trademarked the Guardians of the Galaxy symbol a few years ago, since then their role in the MCU has increased and they have a movie coming out in August. It wouldn't surprise me at all if after a year or two, Dick Grayson returns to the role, or the DCCU decides to incorporate Dick Grayson as Nightwing.

I can't wait to read Grayson but I agree that he will be Nightwing again. I look at this no different than when he became Batman. It will be awesome but not permanent.

SupBatz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

I'll give Grayson a chance, but I still can't say that I'm excited for the direction they're taking Dick. I'm hoping (and expecting) that he'll return to Nightwing someday. The secret agent angle just seems so random. And Nightwing was such a great identity for Dick. It may not have defined his entire character, but it brought out the best in his character.

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I really hope he goes back to being Nightwing. People know daredevils identity and he's doing just fine. Or they could just say Nightwing is someone else now. This Grayson thing sounds really stupid but in giving it a chance. Dick grayson isn't a freaking spy, there's no reason he would choose to do that.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Maybe someone else should pick up the mantle. Maybe a kryptonian.

youknowwhattodo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rustyroy said:

Maybe someone else should pick up the mantle. Maybe a kryptonian.

Maybe Damian Wayne

Breadspread

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think this is just going add another layer to Dick, and that in the future these two roles could coexist. The idea of Nightwing being called off to a secret spy mission once in awhile sounds really cool.

I3IO_HAZARD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's going to tough for me accepting the loss of the nightwing mantle, dick will always be nightwing for me

but I am looking forward to this new direction they are going in

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Maybe Damian Wayne

Isn't he too young to be Nightwing? But yeah it will be cool.

youknowwhattodo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rustyroy: Not really because Damian wouldn't think of himself as too young for the role and Damian is the type of character that if he wants to be Nightwing, he WILL BE Nightwing. Now obviously the way Dick Grayson looked in the suit would be different from Damian (no sexualization), I can imagine Damian Wayne's version of Nightwing would be heavily influenced by the ninja style (because he would be too cocky to wear a lot of armor).