#1 Posted by Bruxae (13984 posts) - - Show Bio

Spoilers of DCnU Justice League issue 20 below.

Just read issue 20 of Justice League starring Despero, he is one of my favorite villains and ive been looking forward to his first New 52 appearance and I gotta say.. Im extremely dissapointed. With the cliffhanger in the end of 19 I was prepared for a real fight, instead he slapped element woman around for a few panels then got owned in seconds by Martian Manhunter? Its really sad to see someone with potential get that kind of treatment so I cant really say I enjoyed that part of this issue very much.

What did the rest of you think?

#2 Edited by Killemall (18598 posts) - - Show Bio

As a Despero fan, it was crap.

#3 Posted by Saren (25697 posts) - - Show Bio

As a Martian Manhunter fan, it was awesome ^_^

#4 Posted by Tacos_Kickass (844 posts) - - Show Bio

I would have liked to see the first encounter that they mentioned happened when Martian Manhunter was apparently on the Justice League?

#5 Posted by SHARKBEARAGATOR (1667 posts) - - Show Bio

@killemall said:

Basically both of these for me

#6 Edited by TDK_1997 (14902 posts) - - Show Bio

I like the way Martian Manhunter owned him but I wanted to see him kick some major ass.

#7 Posted by Bruxae (13984 posts) - - Show Bio

@tacos_kickass:

I was wondering about this too, I had no idea he had been on there except for that one panel when he was apparantly "Considered".

@killemall said:

I just wish he would atleast have to strain himself, Despero is supposed to be one of the most powerful telepathics in the DC Universe and MM basically mental oneshotted him.

#8 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (13273 posts) - - Show Bio

im torn. i like that MMH got to flex his muscles but t the same time i'm sad because Despero was made to look like a chump and J'onn has seemingly lost all of the heart and soul that made him so compelling, loveable and unique.

#9 Posted by Crazy_Wilhelm (64 posts) - - Show Bio

See, I'm thinking that this was all an elaborate metaruse to demonstrate nu52 J'onn's TREMENDOUS power, unbridled by petty restraints. Kinda sucks, since he used to seem like a pretty compassionate guy. He's got an edge to him now, no mistake, and I think the intent with Issue 20 was just a physical demonstration of his overwhelming power. I'm beginning to dread his nearly inevitable clash with the JL proper.

#10 Posted by Bruxae (13984 posts) - - Show Bio

@crazy_wilhelm:

I guess he must make up for all the useless people on JLA.

#11 Posted by MartianManhunterIsBetterThanCyborg (2243 posts) - - Show Bio

Despero is supposed to be the ultimate team buster, but it was disappointing how easily he was taken down by J'onn.