• 61 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Edited by ganon15 (1446 posts) - - Show Bio

Both look African-American, especially Two-Face.

#2 Posted by Blood_Red_Rage (508 posts) - - Show Bio

They're not. They just have more defined lips and tans.

#3 Posted by ccraft (5201 posts) - - Show Bio

maybe two face but not lex

#4 Posted by Marionettegeist (1912 posts) - - Show Bio

@ganon15: Two-Face doesn't even look black.

#5 Posted by The Stegman (23918 posts) - - Show Bio

Two Face doesn't look black..more like Italian...as for Lex, I'd say he's more mixed, or has a really good tan.

#6 Edited by ganon15 (1446 posts) - - Show Bio

Harvey Dent has afro-hair:

#7 Posted by RulerOfThisUniverse (6272 posts) - - Show Bio
#8 Posted by DecoyElite (4019 posts) - - Show Bio

@ganon15 said:

Harvey Dent has afro-hair:

That...that's not afro hair at all. Get yo eyes checked.

#9 Posted by ganon15 (1446 posts) - - Show Bio

@decoyelite: Yes it is, Coupled with pronounced lips he's most likely black.

#10 Posted by DecoyElite (4019 posts) - - Show Bio

@ganon15 said:

No it's not. And white people can have pronounced lips. Most importantly he doesn't look black, his skin tone is tan at best.

#11 Posted by ganon15 (1446 posts) - - Show Bio

@ganon15 said:

No it's not. And white people can have pronounced lips. Most importantly he doesn't look black, his skin tone is tan at best.

He has AFRICAN hair!

#12 Posted by DecoyElite (4019 posts) - - Show Bio

@ganon15 said:

@decoyelite said:

@ganon15 said:

He has AFRICAN hair!

Not REALLY!

#13 Edited by ganon15 (1446 posts) - - Show Bio

@decoyelite: He was played by Billy Dee Williams in Batman(1989), so why is it so hard to see Harvey Dent black again?

#14 Posted by DecoyElite (4019 posts) - - Show Bio

@ganon15 said:

@decoyelite: He was played by Billy Dee Williams in Batman(1989), so why is it so hard to see Harvey Dent black again?

I don't care if the character is portrayed as black, I simply don't think he was in BTAS.

#15 Posted by joshmightbe (24876 posts) - - Show Bio

@ganon15: I know lots of frizzy haired white people and why exactly do you think Lex was black? He doesn't even look vaguely black.

#16 Edited by ganon15 (1446 posts) - - Show Bio

@decoyelite said:

@ganon15 said:

I don't care if the character is portrayed as black, I simply don't think he was in BTAS.

You racist, mate? LOL What's wrong if he's black? What if he was?

#17 Posted by DecoyElite (4019 posts) - - Show Bio

@ganon15: Nothing. I just don't think he was. Although on the subject of Billy Dee Williams as Harvey, he was actually going to be Two-Face but then some changes with just who was in charge of the Batman films caused him to lose the part. Would have been interesting to see his rendition of the character.

#18 Posted by ganon15 (1446 posts) - - Show Bio

@joshmightbe: His dark skin, his face structure, his lips, his voice(yes I know Clancy Brown voiced him but still)

#19 Posted by joshmightbe (24876 posts) - - Show Bio

@ganon15: Its not racist to say a dude who is clearly white is white.

#20 Posted by MrShway88 (655 posts) - - Show Bio

I always thought Harvey looked liked Chevy Chase when he was younger.

#21 Posted by ganon15 (1446 posts) - - Show Bio

@joshmightbe: He's not clearly white, he kinda looks like OJ Simpson slightly lighter.

#22 Posted by joshmightbe (24876 posts) - - Show Bio

@ganon15: He is not slightly lighter than OJ, dude is paler than my wife and she's Irish

#23 Posted by ganon15 (1446 posts) - - Show Bio

@joshmightbe: Look at him standing next to Bruce, he looks black! or atleast mixed

#24 Edited by joshmightbe (24876 posts) - - Show Bio

@ganon15: He looks the same color as Bruce.

#25 Edited by ganon15 (1446 posts) - - Show Bio

@joshmightbe: I'm saying his features! not the bloke's skin!

#26 Posted by Supermanwithatan01 (3633 posts) - - Show Bio

Who ****ing cares?

#27 Edited by joshmightbe (24876 posts) - - Show Bio

@ganon15: Saying the dude is black because he has big lips is kind of racist

#28 Edited by ganon15 (1446 posts) - - Show Bio

@joshmightbe: Not only his lips, his hair and face too!

You're gonna tell me the man on the right looks white? LOL

And yes I know he was modeled on Telly Salavas, but he still came out looking African American.

#29 Posted by joshmightbe (24876 posts) - - Show Bio

@ganon15: He doesn't have any feature that are really black specific, in fact I'd say the guy looks Russian to me.

#30 Edited by ganon15 (1446 posts) - - Show Bio

@joshmightbe said:

@ganon15: He doesn't have any feature that are really black specific, in fact I'd say the guy looks Russian to me.

LOL Russian?!! I've never seen a caucasian Russian that black. Lol

Here's a better picture if you're still not convinced he's not white:

#31 Posted by PeppeyHare (4310 posts) - - Show Bio

Your threads give me cancer

#32 Edited by Avenging-X-Bolt (12931 posts) - - Show Bio

Neither of them are black. Lex was modeled after an greek James Bond villain. Two face was supposed to be italian.

#33 Edited by ganon15 (1446 posts) - - Show Bio

@peppeyhare said:

Your threads give me cancer

Thanks, it means a lot to me.

#34 Posted by joshmightbe (24876 posts) - - Show Bio

@ganon15: He has white skin, he was modeled after an actual white person, Lex is white. Just because you have this racist belief that only black people have thick lips doesn't change the fact that they're both clearly white.

#35 Posted by ganon15 (1446 posts) - - Show Bio

@joshmightbe: I'm not racist, he looks black and I'm calling it like I see it. I know I'm not the only one who thinks he looks black.

#36 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (12931 posts) - - Show Bio

@ganon15 said:

@joshmightbe: I'm not racist, he looks black and I'm calling it like I see it. I know I'm not the only one who thinks he looks black.

you're a little racist, i mean "AFRICAN HAIR"....really?

#37 Edited by ganon15 (1446 posts) - - Show Bio

@avenging_x_bolt: He has sub-saharan afro hair, not trying to be racist, that's just how his hair looks!

#38 Posted by ULTRAstarkiller (6102 posts) - - Show Bio

I used to think that too when I was younger lol

#39 Posted by joshmightbe (24876 posts) - - Show Bio

@ganon15: Well any race can have features typically associated with black people since every human on Earth is descended from black people because they were the original humans. There are people of all races with "Afro" looking hair and thick lips, just like there are thin lipped black people with straight hair.

#40 Edited by cattlebattle (12694 posts) - - Show Bio

I personally always thought Harvey Dent was meant to be black to reflect the Batman film...where Harvey Dent was played by a black man. Also to give some ethnicity to the primarily white Batman TAS cast.

Lex Luthor on the other hand is white. He was modeled after actor Telly Savalas, particularly his performance in the James Bond film "On her Majestys Secret Service"

#41 Edited by ganon15 (1446 posts) - - Show Bio

@cattlebattle: I can't argue with that. Thanks for an answer that doesn't have "you" and "are" and "a racist, ganon15". And I was right! Harvey was black in TAS. Billy Zane looks more like TAS Lex though.

#42 Posted by Immortal777 (7339 posts) - - Show Bio

I thought Lex was black when I saw Superman as a kid but it doesn't matter either way I would hope.

#43 Edited by ganon15 (1446 posts) - - Show Bio

@immortal777: Exactly, he looked like a dark Billy Zane. lol

#44 Edited by mikex20 (2769 posts) - - Show Bio

I think Two-Face was supposed to be Italian, he has the same skin tone and features as the rest of the mobsters in the series. Lex looks kind of racially ambiguous.

#45 Posted by ganon15 (1446 posts) - - Show Bio

Till this day, we'll never know what exactly BTAS Harvey Dent was.

#47 Posted by Bierschneeman (3936 posts) - - Show Bio

HARVEY DENT IS CLEARLY ITALIAN...... maybe you have a problem distinguishing nationality, but I don't

thats not an afro its thick coarse italian hair. its even combed straight (and across)

he acts italian american he looks italian american, he even talks (very slightly) a little with an italian emphasis

(I think Harvey is supposed to be Italian American in the comic too.... to juxtapose against the Italian mobsters he was fighting)

Lex Luthor..... ok he looks a little black.... but frankly I don't care if he is or not.... it doesn't matter He and his voice are awesome and are drawn as such.

if they drew him like Gene Hackman... he would hilarious.... and just plain stupid looking... I like him better....well tanned? black? again doesn't matter.

(are you going to freak out about Kingpin now....) flippin racist...

#48 Posted by Black_Claw (2968 posts) - - Show Bio

@ganon15: I always liked to think that he had a really good tan when I was growing up with the show. Lol.

#49 Posted by ganon15 (1446 posts) - - Show Bio

@bierschneeman: Here we go with calling me racist AGAIN. OK I get it, they may or may not be black.

#50 Posted by BallPointHero (134 posts) - - Show Bio

@ganon15 said:

@joshmightbe said:

LOL Russian?!! I've never seen a caucasian Russian that black. Lol

Here's a better picture if you're still not convinced he's not white:

It's just the lighting that makes him look darker.

The more pressing question should be...

...why is Superman Asian? Dude wears glasses and everything.