This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by xmenhulk (726 posts) - - Show Bio

Morals off,fight to the death 
1 hour prep  

Superman is sun dipped  

Popeye eats all the spinach  
he can in that hour 

Location -  Marvel Universe, New York 

Who wins and why do they win?
#2 Posted by No_Trolling (653 posts) - - Show Bio

Popeye

#3 Posted by Mr_Ingenuity (7511 posts) - - Show Bio

Toon Force Trumps.

#4 Posted by minigunman123 (3116 posts) - - Show Bio

Popeye.

#5 Posted by Israphael (350 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman, this is a stupid thread.

#6 Posted by XImpossibruX (5174 posts) - - Show Bio

@Israphael said:

If you see Popeye's feats you won't be saying that.

Popeye wins.

#7 Posted by Vrakmul (23849 posts) - - Show Bio

General consensus is that Popeye with one can of spinach can pound the crap out of Trion Juggernaut. Popeye with an hours worth of constantly eating Spinach could probably beat the Living Tribunal, Spectre, Shub-niggurath, the D-Void, and the Lady of Pain with just one finger.

#8 Posted by Imagine_Man15 (1801 posts) - - Show Bio

@XImpossibruX said:

@Israphael said:

Popeye wins.

Ok, I'll bite... what feats does Popeye have that make that possible? I'm not trying to argue, I'm genuinely curious.

#9 Posted by BigCimmerian (8305 posts) - - Show Bio

@XImpossibruX said:

@Israphael said:

Popeye wins.

What are those feats you talk about?

#10 Posted by btmt (222 posts) - - Show Bio

Superman Wins Easily!!!!!!!!!!

#11 Edited by XImpossibruX (5174 posts) - - Show Bio

@Imagine_Man15: @BigCimmerian: His Toon force takes him the win. http://www.narutoforums.com/showthread.php?t=249954

Literally with Spinach he becomes nigh omnipotent, martial arts master, strength to pull the sun, impervious to damage.

-Popeye can resist mind control after eating spinach. An evil hypnotist hypnotized Popeye into thinking he was a chicken. Popeye ate some spinach, snapped out of it, and then counter hypnotized the hypnotist into thinking he was a baby.

-He becomes a master of any discipline after taking spinach. He led a twenty man band, where he was the band himself, became a master musician, master sculptor, brilliant scientist, and a master magician.

-He lassoed the sun and pulled it up just so the morning would come quicker.

-He pulled the moon closer to earth.

-Popeye once ate an entire field of spinach to repel a Martian Invasion. He punched through a Martian disentegration beam, grabbed a flying saucer, threw it like a frisbee, and made it ricochet off the entire Martian invasion fleet like a pin ball. After all the Martian ships crashed, the ensuing explosion spelled the word "TILT" across the skyline.

-Popeye has ran down Bluto, on foot, while Bluto was speeding away in a racecar in an attempt to kidnap Olive Oyl.

-Popeye has ran down, and ran past (on numerous occasions), a speeding locomotive to save Olive Oyl, who was tied to the tracks, from being ran over. On one occasion, rather than untying her, he punched the speeding train and turned it into a pipe organ.

-Popeye singlehandedly laid track for a speeding train and punched through mountains to make tunnels for the train so that it could get to it's destination near the coal mines.

-Popeye has leaped into the air and punched out fighter jets in mid flight.

-Popeye can fly like a fighter jet by spinning his pipe like a propelor and sticking out his arms like wings. When provoked, Popeye can use his pipe as a jet engine propelling himself through the air at mach speeds, even launching himself into space. Popeye can also survive re-entry and falls from sub-orbital heights.

-Popeye has punched fast enough to deflect hundreds of rounds of machine gun fire at close range with his bare fists.

-Popeye has chewed up steel beams and spit the metal out as bullets, nails, and rivets.

-Popeye on numerous occasions has punched people and accompanying objects into cages, cabins, tents, tepees, stuffed animals, toys, etc. On one occasion Popeye was attacked by a Giant Octopuss while he was diving for pearls. Popeye punched the octopuss and turned it into a Merry-Go-Round.

- During WWII, Popeye punched out a fleet of German battleships into individual cages to imprison over 100 Nazi soldiers. Popeye also punched through the gunfire of 10 Nazi fighter jets, in mid air, and punched the planes to splinters that formed a fence and imprisoned the pilots as they landed with their parachutes. He also got a medal of honor from Eisenhower.

-During WW II Popeye once turned out all the lights in his hometown for a bomb raid in a matter of seconds.

-Popeye once punched an enraged Giant King Kong-esque Gorilla into 3 separate monkeys, each covering their ears, eyes, and mouth (hear no evil, see no evil, speak no evil) respectively.

-Popeye punched out a giant Moby Dick-esque sperm whale and held it in one hand like a baby as it was dazed.

-Popeye once punched a mountain into a hill because it was blocking his view.

-Popeye once lifted up and bodyslammed the 40 story building Olive Oyl's apartment was in so that her floor was at street level and he could move her piano in.

-Popeye once walked a tight rope while carrying a refrigerator, a wardrobe, a bathtub, a baby in a baby carriage, Olive Oil, and Wimpy (eating a burger).

-Popeye once punched through super hypnosis vision from a Persian Magician, then punched the guy and his flying carpet turning them into a bazaar with rugs for sale.

-While in Old Russia, Popeye punched through hypnosis vision and spells cast by Rasputin, then Popeye proceded to punch Rasputin through the Kremlin which formed a jail around Rasputin.

-Popeye once punched through magic spell bolts cast at him by a Genie Bluto had used to grant him three wishes. Popeye then punched out Bluto and punched the Genie back into the lamp before tossing the lamp into the horizon.

-Popeye survived having a battle ship dropped on him by Bluto.

-Popeye survived being shot point blank in the face with a cannonball by Pirate Blackbeard.

-Popeye survived being ran over and point blank cannon fire from a Sherman tank, and then proceded to punch the tank into an oven and water heater.

-In Egypt Popeye once punched a Mummy into bedsheets hanging from a clothesline (there was no clothseline before the punch).

-Popeye has punched aligators, dinosaurs, and mad bulls into full sets of leather luggage.

-Popeye has punched a lion into a leopard skin fur coat. (and no, that's not a typo, he punched a lion into leopard skin).

-Popeye punched out a fire breathing dragon.

-Popeye as a lumberjack chopped down a whole state full of redwood trees with his bare fists.

-Popeye once jumped up and punched the man in the moon in the eye after Olive Oyl snubbed him for Bluto and the moon was laughing at his misfortune.

-Popeye beat PC supes and threw him inside a telephone booth and that was when he was called captain crunch.

-Popeye can break the 4th wall. A real boy in the movie audience threw some spinach into the screen to Popeye. Popeye got up and hit Bluto so hard, Bluto was knocked into the real world. So Superboy Prime's not the only one punching holes into reality. Hmmm, I wonder if the explains the discrepancy between Bluto and Brutus.

#12 Posted by Bo88gdan (4405 posts) - - Show Bio

Popeye wins

#13 Posted by Nefarious (20276 posts) - - Show Bio

Popeye STOMPS.

#14 Posted by WarBlade539 (4577 posts) - - Show Bio

@Asus said:

@Bo88gdan said:

Popeye wins

Why? How can Popeye win if Supermans to fast, agile, to many superpowers...etc over Popeye?

Because Toon Force trumps everything else.

#15 Posted by Bo88gdan (4405 posts) - - Show Bio

@Asus:i have growing up watching Popeye cartoons .Popeye have crazy feats

#16 Posted by XImpossibruX (5174 posts) - - Show Bio

@Asus: Seriously man "lololololol" Jesus...

1. Popeye pulled the sun, something that contains 99.8% of all the mass in our solar system, if you combined every planet together it wouldn't even equal a 1% of the suns weight if you could put it on a scale.

2. Superman flew at light speed and destroyed the Dark moon made of energy. There was no laser beam, what would give you the idea of a laser beam?, you can even read Batman telling the reader that Superman needed to build mass and destroy the moon, by flying at light speed. And that wasn't even SA Superman who destroyed the moon. It was Modern Pre-52 Superman.

3. That is SA Superman blowing away the solar system, seriously man can you even read whats in the text box? and SA Superman is completely retconned and doesn't exist anymore. We are using New-52 Superman.

4. Popeye Toon Force stomps New-52 Superman, Popeye would lose to SA Superman, but not the modern version.

Go read a comic.

#17 Posted by RedLanternSuperman (348 posts) - - Show Bio

@Asus said:

@Bo88gdan said:

Now that attitude tells me if you've been watching Popeye since you were still pooping in your diapers, this might be a sign of fanboyism.

This is coming from the guy who though SA Superman and Pre-52 Superman were the same thing.

This is coming from the guy who though Superman destroyed the moon with a laser, and somehow thinks a Galaxy = Solar System...

You are the obvious ignorant fanboy in this thread, Popeye stomps.

#18 Edited by PokemonDefender (237 posts) - - Show Bio

@Asus said:

@XImpossibruX: Popeye lifted a Moon and Supermans not strong enough to do that?

SA Superman destroyed a Planet with a Lazer beam.

Pre Crises Superman Destroys a Galaxy with a Sneeze.

Supermans alot faster, more powerful and deadly than Popeye. Yes I can see Popeye beating Superman, that makes alot of sense. lolololol Seriously

Superman Stomps.

Wow worst post of the day award goes to....

#19 Posted by kingkronos (2501 posts) - - Show Bio

@RedLanternSuperman said:

@Asus said:

@Bo88gdan said:

Now that attitude tells me if you've been watching Popeye since you were still pooping in your diapers, this might be a sign of fanboyism.

This is coming from the guy who though SA Superman and Pre-52 Superman were the same thing.

This is coming from the guy who though Superman destroyed the moon with a laser, and somehow thinks a Galaxy = Solar System...

You are the obvious ignorant fanboy in this thread, Popeye stomps.

LOL. True. Told me the same thing about Galaxy=solar system.

#20 Posted by BigCimmerian (8305 posts) - - Show Bio

@Asus said:

@Bo88gdan said:

Popeye wins

Why? How can Popeye win if Supermans to fast, agile, to many superpowers...etc over Popeye?

Popeye could just negate his powers than throw sun at him.

#21 Posted by XImpossibruX (5174 posts) - - Show Bio

@Asus said: I'm not even going to fall for this bait. Toon Force trumps.

#22 Posted by RedLanternSuperman (348 posts) - - Show Bio

@XImpossibruX: Don't even, the kid obviously knows nothing of Superman or Popeye.

@Asus said:

2. Yes Superman destroyed a moon with lazer beam, enough to take Popeye out.

You have the intelligence of a wet napkin. Seriously read what the scan says, but that would imply you have the intelligence to read... my mistake.

#23 Posted by kingkronos (2501 posts) - - Show Bio

@Asus: LOL, I'm not gonna argue with you, I'm gonna save the fun for the others to laugh at you.

#24 Posted by XImpossibruX (5174 posts) - - Show Bio

@Asus said:

You have the intelligence of a birdbrain, seriously retards in wheelchairs probably point at you in laugh.

You're probably a retard wheelchair rider yourself, I bet on the special ed bus, they use to put you on that machine that takes you up in the air and then you wheeled your retarded ass on that special ed bus.

Dont play insult games with me because I will f*ck you up:)

#25 Posted by XImpossibruX (5174 posts) - - Show Bio

@Asus: Read the rules

http://www.comicvine.com/forums/battles/7/battle-forum-rules-please-read-for-more-information/675391/#1

"Just like the rest of the site, the Battle Forum is “Kid Friendly”. This means no cursing and no name calling. And while there’s no strict rule against having an attitude or being a jerk, if you can’t discuss something without throwing insults you probably shouldn’t try. The attitude thing extends into being a gracious winner or loser. If, after a long debate, you find that your position has withstood all attacks against it while the opposition’s hasn’t, there’s no need to be obnoxious about it. If it turns out that you were wrong the whole time, don’t get mad, just accept it. These things really aren’t important enough to get bent out of shape over. (And when the time comes that you’ve switched positions, you won’t want someone being obnoxious because they “beat” you or acting like a child because they “lost”.)"

You get flagged accordingly.

#26 Posted by BigCimmerian (8305 posts) - - Show Bio

@Asus: Ok then Popeye turns him into spinach and eats him.

#27 Edited by Active_Adaptation (254 posts) - - Show Bio

@Asus said:

@XImpossibruX said:

@Asus: Read the rules

http://www.comicvine.com/forums/battles/7/battle-forum-rules-please-read-for-more-information/675391/#1

"Just like the rest of the site, the Battle Forum is “Kid Friendly”. This means no cursing and no name calling. And while there’s no strict rule against having an attitude or being a jerk, if you can’t discuss something without throwing insults you probably shouldn’t try. The attitude thing extends into being a gracious winner or loser. If, after a long debate, you find that your position has withstood all attacks against it while the opposition’s hasn’t, there’s no need to be obnoxious about it. If it turns out that you were wrong the whole time, don’t get mad, just accept it. These things really aren’t important enough to get bent out of shape over. (And when the time comes that you’ve switched positions, you won’t want someone being obnoxious because they “beat” you or acting like a child because they “lost”.)"

You get flagged accordingly.

People like you are one of the two reasons they need to do two things.

1. Get rid of the flag button

2. They need an age limit because kids snitch, whine and cry. Not Adults.

You obviously didnt read his post either, he insulted me too. So I got em back.

Never going to happen. We need it for people who insult each other in such a way.

Kids also have a "he started it" attitude, which is what you're doing.

----

Popeye wins...

#28 Posted by Chronus (1115 posts) - - Show Bio

I was going to vote for Superman until Impossibru listed Popeye's feats.

@Asus said:

Did I use the term " He started it " ? NO.... He bad mouthed me and I was a Man about it and got him back.

So, in other words, he started it. That's what you're implying.