Santa...

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Methos

I know they're all by separate publishers... but is there any way of getting all these Santa's together into one concept page?

i mean, having 15 different pages, most of which are just stubs, it seems a bit excessive.

i was just wondering, is there a way to do a character listing as having multiple publishers?

then have separate pages if the character is really different from the main idea of Santa...

just an idea

M

Superkitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2  Edited By Superkitty

i was just wondering, is there a way to do a character listing as having multiple >publishers?

We could, for characters that are so common, etc., have a "Multiple" publisher. As long as people realized Multiple means many publishers and not that there is some comic book company called "Multiple."

Spectrum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#3  Edited By Spectrum

i love christmas

cwpolzel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 7

#4  Edited By cwpolzel  Moderator

SWEET CHRISTMAS!

Spectrum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#5  Edited By Spectrum

Here Blue sheild, i got you this

hands Blue Sheild a parcel

Merry Christmas, everyone

Constantine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By Constantine

go christmas

Starleafgirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#7  Edited By Starleafgirl

Superkitty says:

">i was just wondering, is there a way to do a character listing as having multiple >publishers? We could, for characters that are so common, etc., have a "Multiple" publisher. As long as people realized Multiple means many publishers and not that there is some comic book company called "Multiple.""

Self-plug upcoming. I'm the one who, after the discussion with Red L.A.M.P. added those 16 "Anonymous" (darn computers) points to the Submission Guidelines. Self-plug done.

The rule now is that characters with multiple publishers just go under whichever one (really, didn't seem to matter much which one, from our discussion) and any differences between the different publishers' versions go into the description of the character page.

So far, there are still different pages for Gods from different publishers and I hope it stays that way just because Gods are a particularly convoluted and tricky subject to begin with, but I don't think Santa counts. :P I put him in God/Eternal just because...well... he IS "eternal" lol... (yeah, I realize now that it probably refers to the concept of an Eternal in Marvel, but I was more of a newb back then)

So, yeah, according to the rule, the various Santa Clauses can be combined into one Santa Claus.

I'd suggest it's done into the Marvel one, just because there's a picture there, and so far it looks like the pictures get deleted in the entries that are combined into the main entry.

Although I suppose it's more fair to choose whichever one came "first" as far as we can tell (Harvey?). But someone would have to make sure the picture isn't lost in the merge. ^_^;;