#1 Posted by Sparda (15795 posts) - - Show Bio

It would appear that we have some plagiarism on the Spawn page......

Read the Wiki powers of Spawn...

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/spawn_(comics)

And read our powers page.....

www.comicvine.com/spawn/3381/

Pretty much word for word. I didn't read the whole thing, just some of the powers. Please inform me if I messed up somewhere.

Also, sorry if the links don't work. Doing this all on a Wii, can't copy/pasteor see if the links work.

#2 Posted by Sparda (15795 posts) - - Show Bio

Cough....

BUMP!!!!

#3 Posted by Sparda (15795 posts) - - Show Bio

G-Man says:

"Sparda says:
"*Cough*....***BUMP!!!!***"

Why not delete it and add something yourself?"

Currently I am on a Wii. It can't handle that much text, or it stops.

#4 Posted by G-Man (31704 posts) - - Show Bio

Sparda says:

"*Cough*....***BUMP!!!!***"

Why not delete it and add something yourself?

Staff
#5 Posted by Sparda (15795 posts) - - Show Bio

Sneezes

Lol....don't know if anyone else has noticed this, but Spawn has the longest power list ever....

#6 Posted by G-Man (31704 posts) - - Show Bio

Staff
#7 Posted by Sparda (15795 posts) - - Show Bio

G-Man says:

"http://homepage.mac.com/kiramoff/.Public/Booga/Kleenex.jpg"

Touche.

#8 Posted by Gottheit (3473 posts) - - Show Bio

That's because Todd Macfarlane made Spawn, and since Toddy is a douche who can't handle the fact that his character is gayer then anal sex, he gives him all kinds of powers, just to make him the strongest in the universe. I mean, really, there's no focus with Spawn. He'd be cool as a horror character, but not as a cyborg smashing moron.

#9 Posted by Donnieman v5.1 (44323 posts) - - Show Bio

Gottheit says:

"That's because Todd Macfarlane made Spawn, and since Toddy is a douche who can't handle the fact that his character is gayer then anal sex, he gives him all kinds of powers, just to make him the strongest in the universe. I mean, really, there's no focus with Spawn. He'd be cool as a horror character, but not as a cyborg smashing moron."

How dare you sir, how dare you. Spawn isn't even that powerful in fact, I can think of a laundry list of character that can best him. Spawn is one of my favorite character ever and he is very unique, in story and in powers.

#10 Posted by Gottheit (3473 posts) - - Show Bio

Bah, humbug! Spawn is a well-done, gun-toting moron, who had a chance to become one of the coolest characters ever, but unfortunately that passed when Todd MacFarlane decided he would run Al "Mr. Bacon" Simmons to the ground.

#11 Posted by Donnieman v5.1 (44323 posts) - - Show Bio

Gottheit says:

"Bah, humbug! Spawn is a well-done, gun-toting moron, who had a chance to become one of the coolest characters ever, but unfortunately that passed when Todd MacFarlane decided he would run Al "Mr. Bacon" Simmons to the ground."

Shakes head

I admit that his recent stories have been lacking but I would never say that it was terrible or crap. They should have taken him a different route and developed his character a bit more. Spawn is one of the coolest characters in comic book history.

#12 Posted by Gottheit (3473 posts) - - Show Bio

Frankly, I don't hate Spawn as much as I hate Punisher, or Guy Gardner. If someone like Alan Moore or some quality writer decided to do a Spawn story, I would read it, and if I heard that the new Spawn stories drifted away from the '90s and more into awesome Gothic Horror with Spawn encountering, like, Cthuhlu and zombies and stuff, I would pick it up. But Todd doesn't do that. He wastes this awesome costume and radical concept on stale, boring story lines. Really, someone should tell Todd to leave the speech bubbles on the panel alone, and just draw the pictures. He does better that way.

#13 Posted by Sparda (15795 posts) - - Show Bio

I kinda like the whole religious thing they had going. Sounded cool. But after the Armageddon thing, I lost interest. I was gonna jump in from all the awesome praise I heard (yeah, I heard praise), but....yeah.....Armageddon......

#14 Posted by Apparition (11349 posts) - - Show Bio

Gottheit says:

"Frankly, I don't hate Spawn as much as I hate Punisher, or Guy Gardner. If someone like Alan Moore or some quality writer decided to do a Spawn story, I would read it, and if I heard that the new Spawn stories drifted away from the '90s and more into awesome Gothic Horror with Spawn encountering, like, Cthuhlu and zombies and stuff, I would pick it up. But Todd doesn't do that. He wastes this awesome costume and radical concept on stale, boring story lines. Really, someone should tell Todd to leave the speech bubbles on the panel alone, and just draw the pictures. He does better that way."

you do have a point. why did spawn have all of those guns? that's just pointless. worse then cable and his gun fetish. spawn is good but he could have been soooooo much better.

#15 Posted by Donnieman v5.1 (44323 posts) - - Show Bio

he used guns cuz his magic is only finite

#16 Posted by Gottheit (3473 posts) - - Show Bio

I was shocked to hear that Spawn was still going, in this day and age...

#17 Posted by Apparition (11349 posts) - - Show Bio

sure that's the explanation but mcfarlane just wanted to have them because it's so cool to have really big guns in each hand.

#18 Posted by Apparition (11349 posts) - - Show Bio

Gottheit says:

"Top crossover I wanna see: Spawn/The Tick. Wouldn't that be awesome?!"

no

#19 Posted by Gottheit (3473 posts) - - Show Bio

Top crossover I wanna see:

Spawn/The Tick. Wouldn't that be awesome?!

#20 Posted by Donnieman v5.1 (44323 posts) - - Show Bio

Apparition says:

"sure that's the explanation but mcfarlane just wanted to have them because it's so cool to have really big guns in each hand."

I guess...

#21 Posted by Apparition (11349 posts) - - Show Bio

Gottheit says:

"Why not? Ultra-serious and emo pitted against pure ridiculousness. Why wouldn't that rock face and/or teets?"

i'm just not feelin it :P

#22 Posted by Gottheit (3473 posts) - - Show Bio

Why not? Ultra-serious and emo pitted against pure ridiculousness. Why wouldn't that rock face and/or teets?

#23 Posted by Donnieman v5.1 (44323 posts) - - Show Bio

An awesome crossover would be Spawn/Darkness

#24 Posted by Apparition (11349 posts) - - Show Bio

Donnieman v5.1 says:

"Apparition says:
"sure that's the explanation but mcfarlane just wanted to have them because it's so cool to have really big guns in each hand."
I guess..."

it was annoying! like cable and all the x teams for a while. it was just crazy! everyone had to have a gun and the bigger the gun the better.

#25 Posted by Gottheit (3473 posts) - - Show Bio

No, an awesome crossover would be as follows:

Spawn/Hellboy

Spawn/AoD

Spawn/Tick

Spawn/Lobo

...thought of others. I'll think harder later...

#26 Posted by Sparda (15795 posts) - - Show Bio

I got it! Spawn/Spawn! Current Spawn Vs. When he didn't suck!

#27 Posted by Odyssey_Dawn (84674 posts) - - Show Bio

Apparition says:

"Donnieman v5.1 says:
"Apparition says:
I guess..."

it was annoying! like cable and all the x teams for a while. it was just crazy! everyone had to have a gun and the bigger the gun the better. "

I remember that.

#28 Posted by Apparition (11349 posts) - - Show Bio

King of Kings says:

"Apparition says:
"Donnieman v5.1 says:
"Apparition says:
I guess..."
it was annoying! like cable and all the x teams for a while. it was just crazy! everyone had to have a gun and the bigger the gun the better. "
I remember that. "

wasnt that annoying?!?!?

#29 Posted by Odyssey_Dawn (84674 posts) - - Show Bio

Apparition says:

"King of Kings says:
"Apparition says:
"Donnieman v5.1 says:
"Apparition says:
I guess..."
I remember that. "

wasnt that annoying?!?!?"

I've never been a fan of Cable and thats just one of a long list of reasons why.

#30 Posted by Sparda (15795 posts) - - Show Bio

King of Kings says:

"Apparition says:
"King of Kings says:
"Apparition says:
"Donnieman v5.1 says:
"Apparition says:
I guess..."
I remember that. "
I've never been a fan of Cable and thats just one of a long list of reasons why. "

Bishop is cooler.

#31 Posted by Odyssey_Dawn (84674 posts) - - Show Bio

Sparda says:

"King of Kings says:
"Apparition says:
"King of Kings says:
"Apparition says:
"Donnieman v5.1 says:
"Apparition says:
I guess..."
I remember that. "
I've never been a fan of Cable and thats just one of a long list of reasons why. "

Bishop is cooler."

$#@!ing right he is :P

#32 Posted by Crimson Orchid (5825 posts) - - Show Bio

Spawn was my dad's favorite character to play as in Soul Calibur 2, but he got really mad at me when I wiped the floor with him playing as Nightmare. I don't know much about Spawn in the Comic world, but i know in that game he's not that hard to beat.

#33 Posted by Odyssey_Dawn (84674 posts) - - Show Bio

Crimson Orchid says:

"Spawn was my dad's favorite character to play as in Soul Calibur 2, but he got really mad at me when I wiped the floor with him playing as Nightmare. I don't know much about Spawn in the Comic world, but i know in that game he's not that hard to beat."

Hahaha, thats funny :P

#34 Posted by Crimson Orchid (5825 posts) - - Show Bio

King of Kings says:

"Crimson Orchid says:
"Spawn was my dad's favorite character to play as in Soul Calibur 2, but he got really mad at me when I wiped the floor with him playing as Nightmare. I don't know much about Spawn in the Comic world, but i know in that game he's not that hard to beat."

Hahaha, thats funny :P"

He gets quite emotional when I beat him at video games... I had to stop playing for a while there because he threatened to kick me out if i beat him again.

#35 Posted by Odyssey_Dawn (84674 posts) - - Show Bio

Crimson Orchid says:

"King of Kings says:
"Crimson Orchid says:

He gets quite emotional when I beat him at video games... I had to stop playing for a while there because he threatened to kick me out if i beat him again."

All men get emotional over video games and I don't doubt for a second he was serious :P Good thing I'd never lose to a girl, I dont think I could go on :P j/p

#36 Posted by Gottheit (3473 posts) - - Show Bio

Astaroth. Period.

#37 Posted by Crimson Orchid (5825 posts) - - Show Bio

King of Kings says:

"Crimson Orchid says:
"King of Kings says:
"Crimson Orchid says:

He gets quite emotional when I beat him at video games... I had to stop playing for a while there because he threatened to kick me out if i beat him again."

All men get emotional over video games and I don't doubt for a second he was serious :P Good thing I'd never lose to a girl, I dont think I could go on :P j/p"

Hahaha, I could probably kick your butt at SC2... and a few of the wii sports... That's all I really play for video games outside of my old sega genisis. That thing is ancient but i love it.

#38 Posted by Superkitty (1086 posts) - - Show Bio

Gottheit says:

"Frankly, I don't hate Spawn as much as I hate Punisher, or Guy Gardner. If someone like Alan Moore or some quality writer decided to do a Spawn story, I would read it, and if I heard that the new Spawn stories drifted away from the '90s and more into awesome Gothic Horror with Spawn encountering, like, Cthuhlu and zombies and stuff, I would pick it up. But Todd doesn't do that. He wastes this awesome costume and radical concept on stale, boring story lines. Really, someone should tell Todd to leave the speech bubbles on the panel alone, and just draw the pictures. He does better that way."

Alan Moore did write a Spawn story : "In Heaven" in issue #8

Neil Gaiman did a story in issue #9

Dave Sim had a Cerebus crossover in #10

Frank Miller : #11

Those stories were cool. Later, In the late 90's I tried to read Spawn, but whenever I would pick up an issue, there's be this pointless monologue that would last for pages. Haven't looked in one for years.

The monsters, especially the "toy" figures look really fricking cool.

I liked the Dreamcast game (cutting people in half was the coolest) and played it for a while. I heard a lot of the other games really suck, so I haven't gotten another one

About the guns: it seemed every hero in the 90's had to have these huge guns, one for each hand. What was silly was they'd run around with two huge guns strapped to their back, and they would neatly conceal those 20 foot capes they, especially Spawn, had.

So that's my opinion on Spawn stuff.