Post Deleted.

Satyrquaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By Satyrquaze

Make sure the ...(comics) is included in the Wiki one.

Spectrum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#5  Edited By Spectrum

how do you guys get the information for getting subs, i useually look the character up adn then re write the information on the pge

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By The_Ghostshell

Post Deleted.

Satyrquaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By The_Ghostshell

Post Deleted.

Lady Tlieso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#9  Edited By Lady Tlieso

oops

Post Edited:2007-07-20 13:17:07

Satyrquaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Satyrquaze

yup

Final Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 4

#11  Edited By Final Arrow
Walkingstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Walkingstone

Spectrum says:

"how do you guys get the information for getting subs, i useually look the character up adn then re write the information on the pge"

Um... I actually write it out myself. I make lots and lots of written notes, turn it into a mind-map then write it out as I want it. I'll admit now that I'm not the fastest at getting stuff typed, that's why I haven't got many subs to my name

Satyrquaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Satyrquaze

Spectrum says:

"how do you guys get the information for getting subs, i useually look the character up adn then re write the information on the pge"

It's very simple, you don't CUT AND PASTE it directly from the page...

Satyrquaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Satyrquaze
Final Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Final Arrow

I work on mine look into it, find out stuff , thats why it is taking me so long to do the Hellsing subs.

Lady Tlieso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Lady Tlieso

plagiarism or not those pages are really hard to read. not that i'm the best writer or anything but paragraphs are your friend.

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By The_Ghostshell

I take what I know about a character from the comics I've read and if it isnt already on the page I write it out, and or add a boat load of pics.

Lady Tlieso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Lady Tlieso

i use a ton of different sources (comics, sites, magazines) to get information & then write it in a word processing program then bring over to the vine.

Satyrquaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Satyrquaze

I'll occasionally read wiki or some other similar site to see if I'm missing something, but mostly I'll read the comic itself for inspiration.

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

#20  Edited By gmanfromheck

Lady Tlieso says:

"plagiarism or not those pages are really hard to read. not that i'm the best writer or anything but paragraphs are your friend. "

AMEN!

Reading subs like that, especially when there's a couple hundred waiting to be checked can be a nightmare. I believe those pages were older ones. Points have been adjusted. I haven't deleted any info yet. Perhaps someone would like to re-write them rather than just have a blank page?

And about the "boat load of pics" I know it was probably a joke, but keep in mind, people view pages on different screen sizes. Too many pics don't make a good page. We've recently had to trim some down and also, don't include pictures of other characters just because they're friends. Ex. if you have a page on Professor X, you don't need to include a picture off Nightcrawler. Please use pictures that include the character and are worthy to be on the main page.

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By The_Ghostshell

G-Man says:

"Lady Tlieso says:
"plagiarism or not those pages are really hard to read. not that i'm the best writer or anything but paragraphs are your friend. "
AMEN! Reading subs like that, especially when there's a couple hundred waiting to be checked can be a nightmare. I believe those pages were older ones. Points have been adjusted. I haven't deleted any info yet. Perhaps someone would like to re-write them rather than just have a blank page? And about the "boat load of pics" I know it was probably a joke, but keep in mind, people view pages on different screen sizes. Too many pics don't make a good page. We've recently had to trim some down and also, don't include pictures of other characters just because they're friends. Ex. if you have a page on Professor X, you don't need to include a picture off Nightcrawler. Please use pictures that include the character and are worthy to be on the main page."

I meant in the gallery not on the actually page. I still dont know how to do that.

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By gmanfromheck

Gambler says:

"G-Man says:
"Lady Tlieso says:
AMEN! Reading subs like that, especially when there's a couple hundred waiting to be checked can be a nightmare. I believe those pages were older ones. Points have been adjusted. I haven't deleted any info yet. Perhaps someone would like to re-write them rather than just have a blank page? And about the "boat load of pics" I know it was probably a joke, but keep in mind, people view pages on different screen sizes. Too many pics don't make a good page. We've recently had to trim some down and also, don't include pictures of other characters just because they're friends. Ex. if you have a page on Professor X, you don't need to include a picture off Nightcrawler. Please use pictures that include the character and are worthy to be on the main page."

I meant in the gallery not on the actually page. I still dont know how to do that."

Gotcha. I've used wiki or marvel.com in the past to double check team affiliations and powers. The best thing to do is not heavily read stuff from other sites but to try to write what you know or from comics that you have. It's too easy and tempting to take what others have already written.

Satyrquaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Satyrquaze
Final Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Final Arrow
Lady Tlieso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Lady Tlieso

has anyone messaged this guy? does he know what he's doing is wrong?

Walkingstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Walkingstone

Here's a question, what happens if he wrote the wiki articles?

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By gmanfromheck

He's been spoken to a while ago. Points have been removed. These were older pages. It's been dealt with by us so there's no need for a witch hunt. Thanks for bringing it to our attention.

Satyrquaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Satyrquaze

Cool, thanks G-Man!

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By gmanfromheck

Walkingstone says:

"Here's a question, what happens if he wrote the wiki articles?"

Good question. I had that happen way back in the beginning. It was from another site but it had their name and e-mail so they could prove it. I felt bad for deleting it in the first place but that's how it goes. We'd like our site to be different from others if possible. Who wants to go on the internet and see all the same content?

Walkingstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Walkingstone

G-Man says:

"Walkingstone says:
"Here's a question, what happens if he wrote the wiki articles?"

Good question. I had that happen way back in the beginning. It was from another site but it had their name and e-mail so they could prove it. I felt bad for deleting it in the first place but that's how it goes. We'd like our site to be different from others if possible. Who wants to go on the internet and see all the same content?"

That's true and a good point, I was just wondering because he has mentioned before that he's worked on wiki stuff

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By gmanfromheck

I think people should point that out in the sub and be ready and able to prove it (maybe not so easily done). I do know he no longer is active on wiki.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#32  Edited By -000

But usually articles on wikipedia are written by more than one person.

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By gmanfromheck

Just like most pages here. Some are by many contributors, and some may be mostly by one.

NiteFly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#34  Edited By NiteFly

Spectrum says:

Personally I try to get all the information I can from actual comics I own. For my subs i generally either draw straight from memory or from the books themselves. Occasionally I look at a Wiki, but that generally only if there is a term, phrase, place, spelling, or anything else like that that I want to get correct. Personally I try to avoid using other sites to influence what I write. Putting things in your own voice can often be difficult when your sources are all in someone else's voice.

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By gmanfromheck

I agree. Even subconsciously, you'll remember what was written. I'm all for something in your own words rather than something copied or imitated from another place.

Eternus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Eternus

to get my information i find as many sites and webpages that have information on that character and jumble it all together in an orderly fashion. then of course i change the words and so on, this way its what i wrote/typed but its still the same facts. if thats considered plagirism i dont know what isnt