#1 Posted by zero edge (3696 posts) - - Show Bio
#2 Posted by Red L.A.M.P. (2828 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd say this is a case where we don't want to merge. Oracle, Batgirl and Barbara Gordon can all have their own page.

What we dont want is a Batgirl 1, Batgirl 2, etc.

Staff
#3 Posted by fesak (7040 posts) - - Show Bio

Has there been more than one Oracle? If not there's no point to have both.

#4 Posted by Red L.A.M.P. (2828 posts) - - Show Bio

Is she refered to as "Oracle" in comic issues?

I'm a little worried with the merging and changing of names in some cases.

For example, Purple Girl changed her name to Persuasion. So now in our early Alpha Flight issues, Purple Girl has been replaced with Persuasion. This could be very confusing to someone who is reading the old issues and sees Purple Girl in it. In that case I think we can have a Purple Girl and a Persuasion character and then link the 2 names.

Same thing here with Oracle.

What would happen if Moon Knight changes his name to Egypt (or something), are we gonna change every issue of Moon Knight to say that "Egypt" was in it and remove reference to the character "Moon Knight"?

I'd rather use the alias field to link characters, have some pages that describe a character like Purple Girl and then link to Persuasions page for perhaps more details.

Staff
#5 Posted by Mr Mofo (354 posts) - - Show Bio

She is called Oracle by the other heroes. Why not just have a Babs page with Oracle as her alias (if I understand how aliases work here). Wouldn't her page come up if you searched using the alias?

#6 Posted by zero edge (3696 posts) - - Show Bio

IMO we should leave it as Barbara Gordon since she has multiple alias i.e. Batgirl, Oracle.

#7 Posted by NiteFly (1459 posts) - - Show Bio

I agree with zero's suggestion. Searching for her as Oracle, Batgirl, Barbara, Babs, whatever could point to a Barbara Gordan bio page. That would probably be the most intuitive method.

#8 Posted by Starleafgirl (1341 posts) - - Show Bio

So how is the merging going to work? Just take everything -- and all of the issue references -- that's different from Barbara Gordon and put them on the Barbara Gordon page?

#9 Posted by fesak (7040 posts) - - Show Bio

Red L.A.M.P. says:

"Is she refered to as "Oracle" in comic issues?I'm a little worried with the merging and changing of names in some cases.For example, Purple Girl changed her name to Persuasion. So now in our early Alpha Flight issues, Purple Girl has been replaced with Persuasion. This could be very confusing to someone who is reading the old issues and sees Purple Girl in it. In that case I think we can have a Purple Girl and a Persuasion character and then link the 2 names.Same thing here with Oracle.What would happen if Moon Knight changes his name to Egypt (or something), are we gonna change every issue of Moon Knight to say that "Egypt" was in it and remove reference to the character "Moon Knight"?I'd rather use the alias field to link characters, have some pages that describe a character like Purple Girl and then link to Persuasions page for perhaps more details."

Well, Bucky and Winter Soldier has been merged and i don't think anyone has a problem with that, and i think that if someone know who Purple Girl is they also know she's currently called Persuasion.

#10 Posted by NiteFly (1459 posts) - - Show Bio

My opinion is that leaving them separate (even if linked) would be more confusing for someone who doesn't know what is going on that both being in the same bio. For those of us that are comic vets I think it will simply flow better to have them in the same bio.

#11 Posted by Intervener (453 posts) - - Show Bio

There could be more than one Oracle in the future, it may work out better to leave it as it is.

#12 Posted by NiteFly (1459 posts) - - Show Bio

Intervener says:

"There could be more than one Oracle in the future, it may work out better to leave it as it is."

I don't really see that as a reason why not to proceed with a merge. Put it all under "Barbara Gordon" with Oracle as an alias. If another crops up then start a new page called Oracle.

#13 Posted by zero edge (3696 posts) - - Show Bio

Or just merge it to Oracle, IMO I think having a page for the mantles and a page for the person's secret identity makes it too messy.