#1 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio
#2 Posted by Spectrum (4468 posts) - - Show Bio

I thought Flash was diferent from the others because there were so many, corect me if im wrong

#3 Posted by Spectrum (4468 posts) - - Show Bio

Thinking about it should Kd FLash be in there with the rest of those, if he was the same hero, and would Wally be different because he went under Kid Flash once???

#4 Posted by Spectrum (4468 posts) - - Show Bio

Indeed.

#5 Posted by zero edge (3696 posts) - - Show Bio

We had this discussion with G-Man before... since multiple people likes to be the Flash and they keep coming and going (i.e. Bart Allen and Wally West)... it's best to have them have their own page

#6 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

The Flash page now has details on Jay Garric, Barry Allen, Wally West and more people who have carried the name of The Flash...

but they all have their own individual pages as well... wouldn't it be better to simply combine them all into The Flash page and have the other pages simply forward you onto that one?

M

#7 Posted by G-Man (36811 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah I thought we sorta agreed on this too. You can't just list the Flash in JSA or JLA. No one would know who actually appeared there. It's like the whole Green Lantern/Hal Jordan thing. Since DC can't seem to keep one character in one identity, this is the only way we can keep them sorted.

Staff Online
#8 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

zero edge says:

"We had this discussion with G-Man before... since multiple people likes to be the Flash and they keep coming and going (i.e. Bart Allen and Wally West)... it's best to have them have their own page"

ahhh right...

so if they all have their own page, why have The Flash page duplicating their data as well?

M

#9 Posted by Spectrum (4468 posts) - - Show Bio

Methos says:

"zero edge says:
"We had this discussion with G-Man before... since multiple people likes to be the Flash and they keep coming and going (i.e. Bart Allen and Wally West)... it's best to have them have their own page"
ahhh right... so if they all have their own page, why have The Flash page duplicating their data as well? M"

I spoke to G-man about this, he said tht it was alright, but that he didnt want people doing it for easy pionts.

#10 Posted by Spectrum (4468 posts) - - Show Bio

Methos says:

"Spectrum says:
"Thinking about it should Kd FLash be in there with the rest of those, if he was the same hero, and would Wally be different because he went under Kid Flash once???"
also any other Hypertime or time traveling Flashes, such as John Fox... or do you want each of them to have their own page called "The Flash" I, II, III... and so on... Elseworld Flashes as well? M"

thats a good piont, If we are doing it each on seperate that means we should have a seperate page for every Else world and incarnation of Flash, no???

#11 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

Spectrum says:

"Thinking about it should Kd FLash be in there with the rest of those, if he was the same hero, and would Wally be different because he went under Kid Flash once???"

also any other Hypertime or time traveling Flashes, such as John Fox...

or do you want each of them to have their own page called "The Flash" I, II, III... and so on...

Elseworld Flashes as well?

M

#12 Posted by zero edge (3696 posts) - - Show Bio

Methos says:

"Spectrum says:

also any other Hypertime or time traveling Flashes, such as John Fox...

or do you want each of them to have their own page called "The Flash" I, II, III... and so on...

Elseworld Flashes as well?

M"

Elseworlds and stuff are just like alternate realities... just do it like how i did Batman or all the other alternate realities

#13 Posted by zero edge (3696 posts) - - Show Bio

Spectrum says:

"Methos says:
"Spectrum says:
also any other Hypertime or time traveling Flashes, such as John Fox... or do you want each of them to have their own page called "The Flash" I, II, III... and so on... Elseworld Flashes as well? M"

thats a good piont, If we are doing it each on seperate that means we should have a seperate page for every Else world and incarnation of Flash, no???"

Only if the Elseworld meets the regular DC universe multiple times in my opinion

#14 Posted by Spectrum (4468 posts) - - Show Bio

The Crisis of Infinite Pages...

i like it, i dont know what to do, I only work here, lol

#15 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

Spectrum says:

"Methos says:
"Spectrum says:

thats a good piont, If we are doing it each on separate that means we should have a separate page for every Else world and incarnation of Flash, no???"

thats what i'm saying...

if we're having separate pages for every character who calls himself "The Flash" or "Superman"... then i could be here for hours naming all the elseworld Supermen or Flashes...

M

#16 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

zero edge says:

"Only if the Elseworld meets the regular DC universe multiple times in my opinion"

But after 52 Hypertime, and all elseworlds are now part of the main DCU...

so that's every Superman that existed in an Elseworld needing their own seperate page...

damn, thats gonna be a lot of pages just for Superman and Batman

M

#17 Posted by zero edge (3696 posts) - - Show Bio

Methos says:

"zero edge says:
"Only if the Elseworld meets the regular DC universe multiple times in my opinion"

But after 52 Hypertime, and all elseworlds are now part of the main DCU...

so that's every Superman that existed in an Elseworld needing their own seperate page...

damn, thats gonna be a lot of pages just for Superman and Batman

M

"

Well if Elseworld continuties are going to get their own pages then the Marvel Ultimate incarnations need one too.. and so on and so on.

#18 Posted by zero edge (3696 posts) - - Show Bio

The point for having Jay, Barry, Bart, and Wally their own page is for the appearances in comics when like all 4 of them are in one comic.

#19 Posted by Spectrum (4468 posts) - - Show Bio

i think what G-man means is that only when a character goes under several diferent names in normal continuety the should get a seperate page and Elseworlds and other realitys should just be included in the main Flash page

#20 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

zero edge says:

"Well if Elseworld continuties are going to get their own pages then the Marvel Ultimate incarnations need one too.. and so on and so on."

so back to my original question...

why not compress all the characters that have the same name into one page and just put them under seperate headings?

that was you can have, for example of The Flash

1. Jay Garrick

2. Barry Allen

3. Wally West

4. Bart Allan

5. Iris Allan

6. Tom Fox

then have a line break, now go on to elseworld flashes and any time traveling Flashes that turn up in continuity...

we don't need to have separate pages for each character when having one page and separating them out would be easier

M

#21 Posted by G-Man (36811 posts) - - Show Bio

Uhm, I don't see why Elseworld characters would need their own page. The way it is now is the Flash page should be an overall page (just like the Green Lantern page). I don't think Elseworld characters even need to be mentioned unless it was a big deal or multiple issues, like the Dark Knight returns. That could justify a mention on Batmans page. Also like the Ultimate characters have a little mention on their page. If Lois Lane became SuperMAN in an Elseworld, it doesn't need its own page.

Staff Online
#22 Posted by zero edge (3696 posts) - - Show Bio

zero edge says:

"The point for having Jay, Barry, Bart, and Wally their own page is for the appearances in comics when like all 4 of them are in one comic."
#23 Posted by Lantern Prime (13044 posts) - - Show Bio

Multiple universes!

#24 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

zero edge says:

"zero edge says:
"The point for having Jay, Barry, Bart, and Wally their own page is for the appearances in comics when like all 4 of them are in one comic."

"

no i understand...

i just think it's going to be more and more of a headache as time goes on to have seperate pages for characters who go under the same name...

so we're putting elseworld characters under the 'main page' but different characters who use the same name on their own page?

i'm getting a headache just thinking about this, let alone trying to figure out how to do elseworld characters...

there's a bloody lot of them going to be appearing in normal DCU now you know...

M

#25 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

SoundWave07 says:

"Multiple universes!"

welcome to Hypertime...

it hurts...

M

#26 Posted by Lantern Prime (13044 posts) - - Show Bio

I wan't to be 40 right now!