Final Fantasy characters

fesak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By fesak  Moderator

So almost every Final Fantasy character has been added, but are there really comics with them? I know a few appeared in the Kingdom Hearts comic, but not everyone.

The question is: should they be deleted or does Final Fantasy comics exist?

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Methos

the only actual details i can find are as follows...

US, December 18, 2003 - The upcoming issue of Square Enix affiliated Japanese comic magazine Shounen Gangan will contain first news of Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicle's conversion to the comic world, reports out of Japan today revealed. The comic series will be titled Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Hatenaki Sora no Mukou Ni and will begin appearing in the January issue of the magazine, scheduled for publication on 1/10/2004.

thats the only such entry for a final fantasy comic, unless anyone can prove a comic exists i say delete em

M

zero edge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By zero edge

That most likely has nothing to do with the FF games, but the ones I did I'm pretty sure are in the Kingdom Hearts manga since that was an adaption to the game... so don't delete the ones I did haha

Oh yeah, and I was eventually going to add whoever was in the Kingdom Hearts manga to whatever issue they are in, I got sidetracked and forgot all about it, but I'll do it soon.
Post Edited:2007-12-27 22:48:25

zero edge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By zero edge
fesak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By fesak  Moderator

Bumping this.

Does someone know if there's any FF comics? It's no big deal that the characters are here, but before you know it people decides to add every video game character ever, and this is a comic site.

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Methos

I've been researching it, but as far as i can see, there is no mention of any Final Fantasy comics from any of my usual sources...

If they do exist, they must be bloody rare

M

zero edge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By zero edge

They don't exist. They don't make comics for each of the individual game, trust me if there was I'd be the first to know. There are other FF mangas/animes but they have absolutely nothing to do with the games.

Resonate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#8  Edited By Resonate

zero edge says:

"They don't exist. They don't make comics for each of the individual game, trust me if there was I'd be the first to know. There are other FF mangas/animes but they have absolutely nothing to do with the games."

There was a Tokyopop FFVII comic a while back but it was only in Japan and it's been out of print for a long time. I have no idea where a link to it would be though lol

Methos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Methos

i'll check the Tokyopop website again because there was the first place i looked for FF characters with no success

M

Oceana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#10  Edited By Oceana

From wikipedia:

"The game's release in North America was preceded by a massive three month marketing campaign for which Sony allocated a US$100 million budget. The high-profile campaign consisted of three 30-second television commercials on major networks, a holiday promotion with Pepsi, and printed ads in publications such as Rolling Stone, Details, Spin, Playboy and comic books published by Marvel and DC.[73][74] In 1998, Final Fantasy VII was ported to Windows-based PCs. This re-release featured smoother graphics and fixed certain translation and spelling errors, as well as various gameplay-related glitches. However, the PC version also suffered from its own bugs, including errors in the display of some full motion videos."

Here is also a list on wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Final_Fantasy_media#Novels_and_manga

Supreme Marvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#11  Edited By Supreme Marvel

Rikku

warlock360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By warlock360

lol^^ has absolutly nothing to do with this

Oceana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Oceana

Resonate says:

"Warlock360 says:
"lol^^ has absolutly nothing to do with this "
You get used to it after a while lol Oceana says:
"From wikipedia: "The game's release in North America was preceded by a massive three month marketing campaign for which Sony allocated a US$100 million budget. The high-profile campaign consisted of three 30-second television commercials on major networks, a holiday promotion with Pepsi, and printed ads in publications such as Rolling Stone, Details, Spin, Playboy and **comic books published by Marvel and DC.**[73][74] In 1998, Final Fantasy VII was ported to Windows-based PCs. This re-release featured smoother graphics and fixed certain translation and spelling errors, as well as various gameplay-related glitches. However, the PC version also suffered from its own bugs, including errors in the display of some full motion videos." Here is also a list on wikipedia:
Well" />http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Final_Fantasy_media#Novels_and_manga"
Well she hit the nail on the head. Best newcomer of 08 so far lol" Thanks:D
Resonate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Resonate

Warlock360 says:

"lol^^ has absolutly nothing to do with this "

You get used to it after a while lol

Oceana says:

"From wikipedia: "The game's release in North America was preceded by a massive three month marketing campaign for which Sony allocated a US$100 million budget. The high-profile campaign consisted of three 30-second television commercials on major networks, a holiday promotion with Pepsi, and printed ads in publications such as Rolling Stone, Details, Spin, Playboy and **comic books published by Marvel and DC.**[73][74] In 1998, Final Fantasy VII was ported to Windows-based PCs. This re-release featured smoother graphics and fixed certain translation and spelling errors, as well as various gameplay-related glitches. However, the PC version also suffered from its own bugs, including errors in the display of some full motion videos." Here is also a list on wikipedia:
" />http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Final_Fantasy_media#Novels_and_manga"

Well she hit the nail on the head.

Best newcomer of 08 so far lol

fesak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By fesak  Moderator

Oceana says:

"From wikipedia:"The game's release in North America was preceded by a massive three month marketing campaign for which Sony allocated a US$100 million budget. The high-profile campaign consisted of three 30-second television commercials on major networks, a holiday promotion with Pepsi, and printed ads in publications such as Rolling Stone, Details, Spin, Playboy and **comic books published by Marvel and DC.**[73][74] In 1998, Final Fantasy VII was ported to Windows-based PCs. This re-release featured smoother graphics and fixed certain translation and spelling errors, as well as various gameplay-related glitches. However, the PC version also suffered from its own bugs, including errors in the display of some full motion videos."Here is also a list on wikipedia:
" />http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Final_Fantasy_media#Novels_and_manga"

I'm not so convinced that ads in comic books counts for very much.

Oceana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Oceana

I found this:

"In an attempt to further expand their online presence and promote the basis of Final Fantasy XI, Square has now made available a new manga based upon their online MMORPG for the PlayStation 2. With a total of 12 volumes, all in crisp detailed color, the manga chronicles the adventures of an everyday Final Fantasy XI player. To the gamers in Japan it can be seen as a comical recap of their daily experience while those of us still awaiting it's release can peruse it for a light-hearted preview of what's to come in 2003."

Of course there is the Kingdom Hearts Manga: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Kingdom_Hearts_media#Manga

That is the best I can find for now.