Elfquest

Frozen Truth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Frozen Truth

Characters from the ElfQuest books, (Winnowill, Cutter, Skywise, Leetah), appear under DC, WARP Graphics and Marvel, but are all the same characters, just under different publishers. The core story has been published by each company, so I'd suggest all be merged.

Avatar image for captain_cascader
Captain Cascader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By Captain Cascader

OK, but I think you submitted a dupe of a character then? Winnowill? Which publisher should be the default? DC?

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By gmanfromheck

They currently "belong" to DC. RedL.A.M.P. should be able to add a lot to them.

Red L.A.M.P.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By Red L.A.M.P.

Yeah I know alot about Elf Quest it was my favorite growing up. I'll end up working on it. I kinda think publisher should be set as the publisher that either made the character the most famous (Marvel in this case) or the first to publish which would be Warp, right?

Thoughts.

Frozen Truth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Frozen Truth

I edited the DC character. As it's the current publisher, I thought that should be the one to default to.

Frozen Truth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Frozen Truth

Warp was the original publisher. Marvel then released a colourized version of the original series. Warp and Apple published other series and then in 2003 Warp signed a licensing agreement with DC. It's a bit of a tough call for where to default to, but I'd recommend going with the current publisher for ease of filing future issues.

Red L.A.M.P.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By Red L.A.M.P.

Frozen Truth says:

"Warp was the original publisher. Marvel then released a colourized version of the original series. Warp and Apple published other series and then in 2003 Warp signed a licensing agreement with DC. It's a bit of a tough call for where to default to, but I'd recommend going with the current publisher for ease of filing future issues."

Yeah that's fine with me too. It's not actually that important in the end I guess. We have the publishers here to represent the individual Volumes really, the pub to character thing just happend as we built the site.