Why Getting These Three Together Is Good World-Building

Captain13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

Obviously these characters aren't the most expensive heroes to get together, but that's not what I'm talking about. What I am talking about is establishing a cohesive part of the MCU for the Netflix Defenders series.

No Caption Provided

These heroes are not just street level. Luke is also sci fi. The prison experiments done on him are still a mystery, so establishing Luke gives your street-level world a sci fi bend to it. It's like Weapons X all over again. Danny is not just street level, he's also fantasy. He adds plenty of fantastical elements to future stories like super ninjas and all that. Matt is the bridge between these two universes. His powers are from a science accident but his training is from a fantasy-type world.

With these three together, there is no such thing as a street level story you cannot tell. And you amp of every crime story you tell by 11--like Sin City.

And let's not even get into all of the cool storylines these three have under their belts.

No Caption Provided

If you can't tell, I can't wait until 2015.

JonSmith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By JonSmith

Wait... I'm not overly familiar with Iron Fist, but does he have a secret identity? I assume so since he wears a mask. If so, HOW? He has a giant dragon tattooed on his chest, which he puts in full display every time he goes out in costume. It's not exactly a common design either, and located high enough that if he wears any kind of shirt short of a turtleneck or sweater, it's going to peek out a bit.

Avatar image for v_scarlotte_rose
V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

What about Jessica?

Captain13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By Captain13

@v_scarlotte_rose: She does the same thing as Luke, which is establish the science side.