• 121 results
Posted by k4tzm4n (43910 posts) - - Show Bio

Moon Knight, you had a good run, but now it's time to let someone else step into the spotlight! Last month's theme was anti-heroes and the Fist of Khonshu earned the top spot. But next week marks the beginning of July, so that means it's time to select a new Character of the Month! The new theme: assassins and mercenaries. 10 options were on the poll and the deadly Slade Wilson earned a solid lead over the competition. Ladies and gentlemen, it's time to welcome your new Character of the Month!

Deathstroke made his debut way back in 1980. THE NEW TEEN TITANS #2, by Marv Wolfman and George Pérez, has the character's very first appearance and his popularity has boosted significantly since then. In fact, he's recently had big appearances in everything from video games (Batman: Arkham Origins) to TV shows (Arrow). It's unfortunate his comic book series was canceled, but he most definitely hasn't faded into obscurity. He even played a role in DC's latest big event, FOREVER EVIL.

So, what does this victory mean for Deathstroke? Throughout the month of July, we'll have a number of features that are all about the lethal character. We'll highlight his best covers, chat about his coolest action scenes, and suggest some of his best storylines. Also, it's likely he'll appear in the Question of the Week segment and we may even test his skills in a battle article or two.

In case you're wondering, 397 Comic Viners voted in the latest poll. Here's the final results.

Let's start the celebration right now! Go ahead and share your favorite image of Deathstroke below and explain why you think it's full of awesomeness. Let the Slade Wilson praise begin!

Do you like this feature and want to provide feedback and/or make a suggestion for future editions? Feel free to tell us below or reach out via Twitter.

Staff
#1 Posted by Fallschirmjager (17451 posts) - - Show Bio

how surprising!

#2 Posted by Mercy_ (92695 posts) - - Show Bio

But Shiva :(

#3 Posted by highaccuser (6690 posts) - - Show Bio

Awesome.

#4 Posted by Justthatkid (3903 posts) - - Show Bio

Would of expected Lobo to get more votes, but the winner was obvious..

#5 Posted by Krypton-115 (385 posts) - - Show Bio

First time a character I voted for won! DS is one of my favorite characters of all time!

#6 Edited by patrat18 (9761 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes!!!

#7 Edited by Jonny_Anonymous (33367 posts) - - Show Bio

#8 Posted by ULTRAstarkiller (6171 posts) - - Show Bio

Ya I love Stroke.

#9 Posted by CyberWarrior (1538 posts) - - Show Bio
#10 Posted by Fetts (4466 posts) - - Show Bio

YYYYEESSSSSSSSS! Even though I would have preferred Boba Fett to be in there, if there was anybody else I'd have as COTM, it'd be Deathstroke :)

#11 Edited by MadeinBangladesh (6869 posts) - - Show Bio

HELL YEAH!!!

#12 Edited by youmessinwithme (1188 posts) - - Show Bio

So we went from a seriously underrated under used character of the month who's actually really cool, too A boring, over used, over hyped, overrated Pedophile.... who's already over exposed.

Nice CV we now have the worst character of the month ever....

#13 Posted by fullmetaladam (50 posts) - - Show Bio

Damn!!!! missed this vote. Would of voted for Mystique if known about poll.

#14 Posted by IDontLikeBirds (327 posts) - - Show Bio

I was completely unaware that this poll happened. Don't know how I missed it.

#15 Posted by i_dont_like_comics (770 posts) - - Show Bio

next month, tasky. next month.

#16 Edited by Spideyfan3160 (77 posts) - - Show Bio

Was the deathstroke new 52 series good?

#17 Edited by orangedrink888 (35 posts) - - Show Bio

I was really hoping for Tasky

#18 Posted by TheCheeseStabber (8102 posts) - - Show Bio

Was the deathstroke new 52 series good?

I heard the First Arc was garbage but the second was good

#19 Edited by AllStarSuperman (21850 posts) - - Show Bio

I wish he didn't win.

#20 Posted by NightFang (10057 posts) - - Show Bio

Deathstroke needs his own animated movie.

#21 Posted by Wolverine08 (42201 posts) - - Show Bio

Bleh.

#22 Edited by Lone_Wolf_and_Cub (5054 posts) - - Show Bio

Im calling the battles now. Wolvie, Deadpool, Batman and Cap as possibilities.

#23 Posted by Catsnlynne (1032 posts) - - Show Bio

Deathstroke beats out all those other losers.

#24 Posted by Xwraith (18125 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm not surprised, even though I didn't CHOOOOOSE him.

#25 Posted by Mad_Titan (245 posts) - - Show Bio

Deathstroke needs his own animated movie.

Agree. A gritty Deathstroke movie showing his origin and mercenary line of work would be a pretty cool watch. Or at least a DC showcase style animated short wouldn't be bad either.

#26 Posted by Farkam (4889 posts) - - Show Bio

good

#27 Posted by RulerOfThisUniverse (6332 posts) - - Show Bio

Hell yeah!

#28 Posted by lmothander (103 posts) - - Show Bio

I foresee a comicvine battle of the week... Deathstroke vs Gambit.

#29 Posted by micah (1373 posts) - - Show Bio

So we went from a seriously underrated under used character of the month who's actually really cool, too A boring, over used, over hyped, overrated Pedophile.... who's already over exposed.

Deathstroke is a Pedophile???

#30 Edited by mightyrearranger (1580 posts) - - Show Bio

@micah said:

@youmessinwithme said:

Deathstroke is a Pedophile???

#31 Edited by TehStranger (836 posts) - - Show Bio

I hope they do something new instead of making Deathstroke vs Wolverine, Black Panther, Captain America, or Batman for the millionth time.

#32 Posted by GraniteSoldier (7751 posts) - - Show Bio

I voted for Bane but there were a few good choices here. Slade was one of them, and given the number of fans he has here I'm not surprised. Congrats to the hard core Deathstroke crowd.

#33 Posted by AmazingWebHead (2286 posts) - - Show Bio

Well, he did beat up the Justice League once.

#34 Posted by Ninjablade09 (3165 posts) - - Show Bio

Totally forgot about this poll lol. I think I voted Bullseye. Still, it's great to see Deathstroke win no matter unsurprising it is.

#35 Posted by redhood21 (815 posts) - - Show Bio

deathstroke!!! was hoping for taskmaster to have a closer turnout

#36 Posted by ThexX (1569 posts) - - Show Bio

#37 Posted by Darling_Luna (4128 posts) - - Show Bio

Finally

#38 Edited by Gojira2014 (2015 posts) - - Show Bio

@youmessinwithme said:

I agree. Deathstroke is so overused and been done to death in every way. Yawn.

on the bright side, Taskmaster and Boba came next in votes :)

#39 Edited by The Impersonator (5483 posts) - - Show Bio
#40 Posted by The Stegman (24373 posts) - - Show Bio

Nice

#41 Posted by Winter_Kills (505 posts) - - Show Bio

Well, at least Taskmaster got in second place. But 16%? Come on Tasky fans, where were you guys? One day Tasky, one day you'll get respect!

#42 Posted by Kuyamu (33 posts) - - Show Bio

@thecheesestabber:

quite the opposite, the first graphic novel was good, then it turned to pure shite.

#43 Posted by TheCheeseStabber (8102 posts) - - Show Bio

@kuyamu: Wasn't Lobo garbage then the last issues it was good?

#44 Posted by Wardishy (705 posts) - - Show Bio

Poor Deadshot. :(

#45 Edited by k4tzm4n (43910 posts) - - Show Bio

@tehstranger said:

I hope they do something new instead of making Deathstroke vs Wolverine, Black Panther, Captain America, or Batman for the millionth time.

You know, you're welcome to make suggestions, but keep in mind traffic is something I need to consider, too.

@lmothander said:

I foresee a comicvine battle of the week... Deathstroke vs Gambit.

It would be entertaining, but I'm pretty sure a very large majority would agree Slade is taking that.

Staff
#46 Posted by Jayc1324 (12212 posts) - - Show Bio

Cool.

#47 Posted by jashro44 (21645 posts) - - Show Bio

Damn I waited too long to vote....I was thinking of voting for lady shiva since she never gets attention. Boba Fett would have been awesome...I couldn't make up my mind. I considered Slade but I did want something a little different. This can be cool too though.

Well ultimate cap vs deathstrokes been done before so I doubt they'll do 616 cap, Slades beaten batman in a comic so I don't see that happening, Wolverine and black panther on the other hand....One of them is going to end up fighting Slade. Maybe both.....

#48 Posted by ComicStooge (12793 posts) - - Show Bio

@wolverine08: Deathstroke's won CotM and Wolverine hasn't.

#49 Posted by Wolverine08 (42201 posts) - - Show Bio
#50 Posted by HushoftheWind (987 posts) - - Show Bio

im prepared to see Deathstroke win ALL the Battle of the Week b/c of........reasons.