gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck

The Good

The moment we all knew would come sooner or later, Deathstroke vs. Batman. Deathstroke is supposed to be the deadliest assassin in the DCU. Batman is...Batman. He's supposed to be able to take on anyone. With Deathstroke in Gotham City, there's no way he could avoid a confrontation. Keep in mind that Deathstroke is a little off his game with his recent transformation. He's trying to adjust to the changes he went through but we have seen him up to his usual violence and mayhem.

It's easy to expect this to be a quick fight. Because it's Deathstroke's book because Batman is who he is, we get a very nicely drawn out battle. Tony Daniel makes sure it's a brutal and intense fight. You might think you'll know how it'll play out but Daniel throws some twists our way.

Despite the nice and lengthy battle, it doesn't fill up the entire issue. We do get more on Jericho and Ravager. It's fantastic seeing Rose here. I'll admit I kind of lost track of what she was doing in the New 52. With the way Daniel keeps cranking up the action, we can expect some great things for her, Jericho, and Slade.

The Bad

Having Batman appear felt a little unnecessary. In the past, comics have used a guest appearance by Batman as an almost desperate notion. Thankfully Daniel makes it fun and exciting.

Harley on the other hand, feels like more of a nuisance. It's understandable that she played a part in this book to tie up some loose ends from SUICIDE SQUAD. Maybe she added some levity during the fight. She just started getting to be too much here.

The Verdict

It's like a comic fan's dream, Deathstroke fighting Batman. Often a Batman appearance feels forced but Tony Daniel makes it fun and exciting. He's been spoiling us with lots of big and over the top action. The fight between the two is just what we'd want. Daniel doesn't just fill the issue with a huge fight scene. We get more on Jericho and Rose along with those pesky bad guys stirring up all sorts of trouble. Tony Daniel is cranking up the action and storytelling in this series. There's no telling what will happen next.

SodamYat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Before this thread gets crazy too:

I asked Tony Daniel if we will find out later why Deathstroke is currently weaker and slower and he said yes, we will find out soon.

Also I asked him a few weeks ago if Deathstroke is wearing Nth metal under his pencil. He said no.

Just some facts before this gets crazy.

deathstroke52

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#2  Edited By deathstroke52

All I want to know is who wins.

Someone please tell me :D

sealife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

All I want to know is who wins.

Someone please tell me :D

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#4  Edited By dernman

Ok a few notes about this issue.

The fight was good and interesting. Normally I think from showing DS would wreck Bats and there was some inconstancy concerning how good DS is here as apposed to how he was against Bronze Tiger. Still it was enjoyable.

I'm not feeling the whole Deathstroke's father thing. I hope that turns out to be a lie.

Lat but not least. I got to say I enjoy how Harley is written so much more here than in her own book. Also you have to take note of the costume. I really prefer this one over to her bootie shorts costume. The rest of DC needs to get in line on that.

Avatar image for allstarsuperman
AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

Apparently Batman wins via DS being weakened

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for fuzzylittlerodent
FuzzyLittleRodent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Does Batman pull out a "DS Buster", or something, out of his *ss this time?

AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This was effin Lame. Very disappointing for the hype of a "big fight".

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fuzzylittlerodent:
Nah DS is just weak from the changes done to him. DS believes he should be ale to take Bats in three moves.

@allstarsuperman: Never get worked up over hype. You'll always build it bigger than it is and end up disappointed.

AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dernman: I feel lied to. The promise was a big fight. Here is the description:

Deathstroke vs. Batman – with Harley Quinn stuck in the middle! The most intense, brutal battle in the history of The New 52 takes place in this issue!

What a load of bullsh!t. If one of the characters is weakened so bad that he gets stomped, then its clearly not that intense.

SodamYat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sodamyat: http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-pTqt7DbXYKI/VO35LV70ylI/AAAAAAAIIvo/ZxMEJgdvGXE/s1600/p10_8%2Bcopy.jpg

SodamYat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sodamyat: http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-pTqt7DbXYKI/VO35LV70ylI/AAAAAAAIIvo/ZxMEJgdvGXE/s1600/p10_8%2Bcopy.jpg

You didnt read the whole thing did you?

AllStarSuperman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sodamyat: I did. And the entire thing was DS monologing about how he has no skill.

SodamYat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sodamyat: I did. And the entire thing was DS monologing about how he has no skill.

We read different books then.

DarthAznable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

To be fair. Batman skills > Slade's. Him depowered made it worse though. He couldn't use his superior physicals to even the playing field.

RevivalMH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@allstarsuperman: The fight seemed pretty even throughout to me. I will admit that how it ended was disappointing and unsatisfying. It really could have ended either way if it was for the interference of Harley.

I found it kind of weird how Deathstroke mentions he's de-powered then proceeds to lift a chunk of wall above his head like it was nothing... Anyone else notice that?

Fallingcliffs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Fallingcliffs

I personally think this:

Pre N52=Advantage Deathstroke

New 52=Advantage Batman

For the most part all gadgets, armors and weapons aside the fight was mostly H2H clearly Batman was winning majority of the fight.

Emperorb777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Deathstroke said the return of his eye is what's throwing him off which he's repeated over and over again as being a problem.

@revivalmh:Yea I found DS lifting that chunk of wall was pretty funny, it made me wonder what exactly DS stats are supposed to be.

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That was an awesome fight and the art was amazing. This issue was very exciting, way better than the last one. I liked new 52 Harley but she was really terrible here.

Cave_Duck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sodamyat said:

Before this thread gets crazy too:

I asked Tony Daniel if we will find out later why Deathstroke is currently weaker and slower and he said yes, we will find out soon.

Also I asked him a few weeks ago if Deathstroke is wearing Nth metal under his pencil. He said no.

Just some facts before this gets crazy.

I have to ask: What did autocorrect change into 'pencil' in this?

(Or was Slade wearing a new type of stationary-themed armour?)

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@allstarsuperman: The fight seemed pretty even throughout to me. I will admit that how it ended was disappointing and unsatisfying. It really could have ended either way if it was for the interference of Harley.

I found it kind of weird how Deathstroke mentions he's de-powered then proceeds to lift a chunk of wall above his head like it was nothing... Anyone else notice that?

He said he was slower, not weaker. He still has his strength and durability.

2cool4fun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

@sodamyat said:

Wow, that's so stupid. So he's basically ignoring everything the last book did.

SodamYat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sodamyat said:

Wow, that's so stupid. So he's basically ignoring everything the last book did.

Not ignoring it. He's just not wearing it right now. Its only been 5 issues. Maybe he'll use it later.

Xframe29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tony S Daniel is doing very good.

Avatar image for stmichalofwilson
StMichalofWilson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 107

I personally think this:

New 52=Advantage Batman

For the most part all gadgets, armors and weapons aside the fight was mostly H2H clearly Batman was winning majority of the fight.

Hmm, accurate

SodamYat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fallingcliffs said:

I personally think this:

New 52=Advantage Batman

Hmm, accurate

While Deathstroke was not at 100%. And it was still fairly even.

jwalser3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Really wish Harley wasn't in it.

senglord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ah yes. Deathstroke should stomp Batman without super armor or powers.

This is what DS fanboys honestly think...

And anyone who feels that Batman can beat a common cold are called deluded wankers.

Avatar image for deactivated-64332b810a025
deactivated-64332b810a025

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Fight was aight, but felt kind of forced.

"Having Batman appear felt a little unnecessary." This is pretty on point. Art was really nice though.

GrimoireMyst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Fanboyism would say the Batman would win simply because he is Batman but I don't think so. Deathstroke is not the unbeatable enemy some like to think imo. Batman has defeated many enemies with meta abilities much higher that DS.

Anjon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It feels like Harley Quinn ends up on the cover of all these random DC books. Is there some kind of event going on with her as the theme?

mak13131313

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

I thought this was an excellent issue. The fight was entertaining, and of course the art is fantastic. I can't wait to see how the story with Rose and Jericho is played out.

owie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#35 owie  Moderator

It was an enjoyable fight, but kind of depressing because it kind of made clear throughout the fight how much better it would have been if DS had been in top form. So it was kind of like even DS was saying, this could have been much cooler.