What do you hate about Deadpool?

• 73 results
Chibio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Strange topic, I know, especially since many of us are probably huge Deadpool fans, but come on! There has to be something you hate about Deadpool!

For me it's something very specific and it has to do with the "new" Deadpool, who has been around for a while though. After Way took over to be exact:
I really, really dislike the fact that Deadpool does not have a dark side anymore. Do you remember the rare moments in old Deadpool comics, where he was kind darky-funny or something, but then there was a moment where he simply snapped and you knew that some serious shit is going to happen very fast? I absolutely loved that and was always looking forward to these moments, which would show a different side of Deadpool.

That's simply not around anymore. Unfortunately. I also miss Bob and Blind Al. I missed them for quite some time now, but now with the recent on-going and the new "sidekicks" he has, I realize how interesting his relationship with the other characters was.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c901e667a76c
deactivated-5c901e667a76c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By deactivated-5c901e667a76c  Moderator

I'm not a fan of LOLSORANDOMXDXD humor.

bornonamonday

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hate that Bob isn't his sidekick anymore

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

1.I hate that he ruined Agent X who I found to be a BETTER version of Deadpool.
2.I hate that he's sold on a humor gimmick
3.I hate the fact the he's immortal and the ridiculousness of his healing factor.

INFINITE_DOOM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xwraith said:

This, i can't help but smh with some of his childish dialogue -_-

mxb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This new run is kinda young. So far so good.... Gonna have to say I don't "hate" anything. However, if your talking toward the END of Ways run... I'm just gonna say a lot.

SadiaVicious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By SadiaVicious

What do I hate about him?! Humm le'see... Daniel Way's turn on the comics.

Yeah, I hate Waypool.

Aside that, nothing.

Veshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I tolerate him when he's the comedic one in a team...like Remender's X-Force. Aside from that, I find him more irritating than funny.

Kal'smahboi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

I hate that his series is two a month. Other than that, I love a well-written Deadpool.

SoA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

currently he isn't doing anything. i know he has his own series and is in the thunderbolts , but both books are kinda meh. i dropped his solo and thunderbolts is reaching that level as well . i miss the cable and deadpool days , the im-just pretending-to be-a-clown-so-i-can-whup-your-butt-when-your-guard-is-down days

Chibio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@soa said:

currently he isn't doing anything. i know he has his own series and is in the thunderbolts , but both books are kinda meh. i dropped his solo and thunderbolts is reaching that level as well . i miss the cable and deadpool days , the im-just pretending-to be-a-clown-so-i-can-whup-your-butt-when-your-guard-is-down days

When did you drop his solo book? I personally had a very, very hard time following it, but the semi-new storyline after Deadpool #7 / #8 rescued it, now where the silly, dead presidents are gone.. well most of them. Ben is still around.

But yeah, you should pick it up again IMO. It's recommendable again. Not as good as the old Deadpool stuff, but it's fun. He met Spider-Man and Daredevil as well! Can't go wrong with that!

w0nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hate what his jokes became. Before he was insane but witty at the same time, his cable and deadpool run was different than it is now, now they just try to make him as wacky and slap sticked out as possible

RedLantern23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DraZah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't like his unlimited weapons

his 4th wall breaks are gimmicky

his jokes are horribly written and obvious, aside from 2 sayings out of maybe 27 issues

his non-jokey banter during fights, talks just to talk without saying anything, pointless.

his slade ripoffness

his look under his mask is insane and scary, but they stopped using that personality, for his loony one

his POPULARITY , kills me, even people who know nothing of him, on his bandwagon

even my icon is a play on him as a joke, it's funny how Ryan Reynolds played both GL & Deadpool (a shameful one at that.)

one thing i do like is Wade. his name

Avatar image for martianmanhunterisbetterthancy
MartianManhunterIsBetterThanCyborg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

User Lists: 15

#16  Edited By PunyParker

Am i the only one who didnt have a prob with Daniel Way's run,and was accually happy when i learned he wrote the game?!....

Oh!...and i cant find a thing to hate,i love the guy.....ok,sometimes he's irritating,so i guess i'll go with.....

@xwraith said:

.....this.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

I hate that people can't have a sense of humor in comics without having several thousand people yelling about Super hero comics needing to be super serious and then bitch when super heroes take themselves too seriously. But I like Deadpool.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

User Lists: 15

Whoever writes in here,loves DP for who he is......and i love Deadpool's humor.

Hel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hate that people can't have a sense of humor in comics without having several thousand people yelling about Super hero comics needing to be super serious and then bitch when super heroes take themselves too seriously. But I like Deadpool.

This.

And I dont know if I`m just really tolerant when it comes to Deadpool but i tend to just go along with whatever he`s up to whenever (exept Thunderbolts)

If anything I wish he would break the fourth wall more - really, how often has that been done? Sam`s Strip?

The Lobster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#21  Edited By The Lobster

Gotta agree with everyone else.

I hate that he's kind become a big joke. I miss the good old days when he had a dark side to him.

The new Marvel NOW series seems to picking up though. I'm willing to bet any money that the next arc "The Good, The Bad, And The Ugly" with Wolverine and Captain America is going to be Gerry and Brian's breakout arc. The arc that blows everyone away. I'd bet money on it.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#22 k4tzm4n  Moderator

His fluctuating abilities as a combatant and when writers make him purely obnoxious with zero depth.

The Lobster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@k4tzm4n said:

His fluctuating abilities as a combatant and when writers make him purely obnoxious with zero depth.

Any particular writers you can think of that did that?

Cause, I mean even though I'm not a fan of Daniel Way's he still had one or two issues that tackled Deadpool as a character. The only ones I can think of are the ones that wrote issues of Deadpool Team-Up and I'm still trying to forget that series even existed.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 k4tzm4n  Moderator

@k4tzm4n said:

Cause, I mean even though I'm not a fan of Daniel Way's he still had one or two issues that tackled Deadpool as a character. The only ones I can think of are the ones that wrote issues of Deadpool Team-Up and I'm still trying to forget that series even existed.

I'm by no means implying that applies to 100% of Daniel Way's run, but he did indeed handle Deadpool in an over the top manner which I wasn't too fond of for many issues. He's great at delivering some big laughs, but it was too much at times for me.

As for Deadpool's skill, this has been an issue since the 97 run (his fight with Punisher, for example) all the way to the current one. While I do think Gregg Hurwitz did a fine job making Deadpool amusing, I thought he did a not so great job with Deadpool's talent as a combatant. I mean, yes, Marc is a master with a sword, but to flawlessly best Wade in a sword fight and then have him on an IV after that? Not a fan. But I suppose that's bound to happen to any A-lister.

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

#25  Edited By TDK_1997

I just hate the current Deadpool as a whole.Marvel treat him like he is the clown of the company and he just doesn't do anything serious.He is just running around killing people and cracking jokes.And also he doesn't display his h2h abilities at all.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

@tdk_1997 said:

I just hate the current Deadpool as a whole.Marvel treat him like he is the clown of the company and he just doesn't do anything serious.He is just running around killing people and cracking jokes.And also he doesn't display his h2h abilities at all.

While I agree his current book mostly focuses on comedy, they are still sprinkling it with serious moments and character depth. His skill hasn't been up to par, but he has humiliated quite a few villains during the rooftop battle in issue 10.

The Lobster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By The Lobster

@k4tzm4n said:

@the_lobster_ said:

@k4tzm4n said:

I'm by no means implying that applies to 100% of Daniel Way's run, but he did indeed handle Deadpool in an over the top manner which I wasn't too fond of for many issues. He's great at delivering some big laughs, but it was too much at times for me.

As for Deadpool's skill, this has been an issue since the 97 run (his fight with Punisher, for example) all the way to the current one. While I do think Gregg Hurwitz did a fine job making Deadpool amusing, I thought he did a not so great job with Deadpool's talent as a combatant. I mean, yes, Marc is a master with a sword, but to flawlessly best Wade in a sword fight and then have him on an IV after that? Not a fan. But I suppose that's bound to happen to any A-lister.

Okay, fair enough. What did you think of Victor Gischler's stuff? Deadpool fans seem to be torn down the middle with his Merc With A Mouth series. Personally, I liked it.

Yeah, Deadpool has been lacking in the skillz department recently. Whatever happened to the Deadpool who bested Taskmaster by dancing. The Deadpool who actually at least in some way outsmarted the Hulk with a broken road-sign (Granted though, Hulk wasn't at his top at the time). The Deadpool who kicked Captain America in the gonads.

Deadpool used to be a skilled unstoppable fighter. I can't remember where he said it, but I recall Nick Fury once claiming that if it wasn't for Deadpool's ADHD type of personality he'd be one of the most dangerous people on the planet. I like that summery, fits him to a tee.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

I hate how he is like by so many people that know nothing about him to the point where he is always going to be the character you need to buy now(Marvel Heroes, Avengers Alliance), and I hate that they want to whore him out to the mainstream media so much that his stories have lost all real seriousness which has eliminated any hope for real character progression inside of his own series.

SoA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

@chibio: after the first 3 issues, then picked up after the shield agent is inhabiting /possessing wade it just made say no mo'! but i might get it for the spidey and daredevil issue.

also apologies for responding so late , i do not think my inbox is working correctly

mxb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Found something to hate (currently). His a little to late Internet meme alt covers. See mighty avengers 1 peanut butter Kelly time. Again current run seems to be on track... Especially the end of the white man issue.... Wow.

Avatar image for rulerofthisuniverse
RulerOfThisUniverse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

I've always kind of been biased against the character because he's a rip off of Deathstroke, one of my favorite charcters.

Avatar image for guardian_of_gravity
Guardian_of_Gravity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I dislike the opinion that comic books need to be super grimdark and serious. Deadpool, Ambush Bug, and Squirrel Girl and similar characters exist to make fun of those attitudes, and the people who hate them are missing out on a giant joke about their attitude towards fictional media. Deadpool is literally there to make fun of people who think comics must be dark, gritty, serious and no fun.

chem86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@rulerofthisuniverse:

Deadpool is a pardoy of Deathstroke, not a rip off. Besides their similar costumes and names, they are basically polar opposites.

Avatar image for rulerofthisuniverse
RulerOfThisUniverse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

@wolverine08: I'm still biased against him, even if the right word is parody instead of rip-off.

w0nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I liked him when he seemed like a person with ADHD who sometimes went a little loopy but there was a hint of someone who understands inside. like in x marks the spot, he spends the whole issue asking stupid questions like "what animal are you afraid of the most" and cooks 500 pancakes...

but everything he did in that issue was for a good reason by the end. Now when I read him he is just doing wacky things for the sake of being wacky.

How he always secretly wanted to play poker with the big time super heroes, but acted out because no one would invite him.

if anyone has seen " Orange is the new black" on netflix he reminds me of a chick called crazy eyes. IF you actually manage to get them to sit down and talk they have alot of logical good things to say, if you ignore the split personality and the ADD

now they wrote him as just some crazy person being as wacky as possible

kadeemtheking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By kadeemtheking

I've learned not to hate anything in this world, because hating is wrong....Way wrong... WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY *coughsuckscough* wrong.

The Lobster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've learned not to hate anything in this world, because hating is wrong....Way wrong... WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY *coughsuckscough* wrong.

I see what you did there.

QueenCorp15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hate the fact that he doesnt have his own solo film

Chibio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Guys I'm slowly starting to hate Deadpool as a whole and he is my favorite character. I picked up the recent Deadpool kills Deadpool and it's just painfully bad. It's one of the worst comics I've ever read. The sheer amount of randomness is overwhelming. Marvel is really messing up Deadpool from issue to issue and that sickens me.

gregroyj42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hate his movie appearance sucked and I hate he hasn't had a solo film yet.

The Lobster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By The Lobster

@chibio said:

Guys I'm slowly starting to hate Deadpool as a whole and he is my favorite character. I picked up the recent Deadpool kills Deadpool and it's just painfully bad. It's one of the worst comics I've ever read. The sheer amount of randomness is overwhelming. Marvel is really messing up Deadpool from issue to issue and that sickens me.

Not a fan of Gerry and Brian's series?.....stick around for the next arc, I'm willing to bet 10 dollars that this next arc (The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly) is going to be the arc that really blows peoples socks off. Gerry Duggan has already said that we're going to see a lot of familiar Deadpool faces and that they're finally going to reveal some details about his past and why he seems to have two origin stories.

This next arc is going to be the glue that puts Deadpool back together.

Avatar image for world_breaker_elmo
World_Breaker_Elmo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chibio said:

Not a fan of Gerry and Brian's series?.....stick around for the next arc, I'm willing to bet 10 dollars that this next arc (The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly) is going to be the arc that really blows peoples socks off. Gerry Duggan has already said that we're going to see a lot of familiar Deadpool faces and that they're finally going to reveal some details about his past and why he seems to have two origin stories.

I hope so. As a longtime fan of the character I am tired of seeing Wade being bounced around as Marvel's go to character when they need a cheap laugh or a walking punching bag.

Chibio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Chibio

You were totaly right! I just picked it up and wow, it started off amazing! I enjoyed the issue sooo much. Too bad that some of the stuff in the comic was just a dream, but then again very well executed overall. The overall dark humor, amazing dialogue and the chemistry between the characters consumed me! But with all that being said, Deadpool kills Deadpool is still an abomination of a comic and I'm actually not going to finish that one.

bigtewell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i hate the fact that very few writers can give deadpool a decent story along with the humor. some did it very welll but recently the storys been leaving me wanting

The Lobster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chibio said:
@the_lobster_ said:

You were totaly right! I just picked it up and wow, it started off amazing! I enjoyed the issue sooo much. Too bad that some of the stuff in the comic was just a dream, but then again very well executed overall. The overall dark humor, amazing dialogue and the chemistry between the characters consumed me! But with all that being said, Deadpool kills Deadpool is still an abomination of a comic and I'm actually not going to finish that one.

Called it!!! :D

The Dead Presidents arc felt like Brian and Gerry getting their feet wet and getting a feel for the character, the Demon arc was them moving the story forward and tying up loose ends. Now we're in the arc where they're going to show us just how good they can write Deadpool.

I'm insanely pumped for this arc, if they keep up this level of writing. This is will be a series that could possibly beat Gail Simone or maybe even Rick Remender's level of writing Deadpool as a character. It's hard to beat Joe Kelly level, but these guys could get pretty close if they play their cards right.

Bystander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What do I hate about Deadpool... the fact that he still hasn't a movie of his own!!

Avatar image for fuzzylittlerodent
FuzzyLittleRodent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Everything

SuperEnd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How the writers dont understand how cancer works

Blade_R

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I dislike his breaking of the 4th wall, I have always found that pretty corny.