#1 Posted by Teerack (5725 posts) - - Show Bio

Deadpool's costume usually changes with every series but only slightly. There really hasn't been any kind of big change in his look except for when he had those awesome gloves that said "Deadpool" on his fingers.... but more or less he's had the same outfit for the past decade

So I was wondering do you guys think it's about time he got a design overhaul? The way Cap, Wolverine, Cyclops, Captain Marvel, Spider-Man, and so many other's have gotten new looks in Marvel NOW.

I have to say I'm kind of falling in love with the Future Deadpool suit. I think it would be really cool if he had an outfit similar to this.

#2 Posted by MideonNViscera (351 posts) - - Show Bio

Definitely not his mask. It's perfect and even iconic at this point.

#3 Posted by cameron83 (7133 posts) - - Show Bio

He already got a slight redesign with Marvel NOW! and I like it. I do NOT want his costume to change (and I really don't like the future costume,but that's just me).

#4 Posted by dagmar_merrill (7829 posts) - - Show Bio

No.

#5 Posted by TheCheeseStabber (8062 posts) - - Show Bio

X Force design was cool

#6 Posted by MideonNViscera (351 posts) - - Show Bio

X Force design was cool

X-Force Deadpool was the best in every way! Funny and sad, just like he's meant to be.

#7 Edited by TheCheeseStabber (8062 posts) - - Show Bio

@thecheesestabber said:

X Force design was cool

X-Force Deadpool was the best in every way! Funny and sad, just like he's meant to be.

Like Political Threads on CV?

#8 Posted by JonSmith (3995 posts) - - Show Bio

The only thing I'd change about the Future Deadpool outfit is give him back his mask. Hood optional, but Deadpool NEEDS his mask.

... Come to think of it, drop the glasses, his mask with that hood over it would be REALLY awesome.

#9 Posted by MideonNViscera (351 posts) - - Show Bio

@mideonnviscera said:

@thecheesestabber said:

X Force design was cool

Like Political Threads on CV?

I stay out of those. Like Doom, Mideon does not suffer fools gladly.

#10 Posted by TheCheeseStabber (8062 posts) - - Show Bio
#11 Posted by Teerack (5725 posts) - - Show Bio

Definitely not his mask. It's perfect and even iconic at this point.

@jonsmith said:

The only thing I'd change about the Future Deadpool outfit is give him back his mask. Hood optional, but Deadpool NEEDS his mask.

... Come to think of it, drop the glasses, his mask with that hood over it would be REALLY awesome.

Well here is a close up of his face without his goggles on. He still has the iconic circles on the eyes just now it's face paint.

#12 Posted by MideonNViscera (351 posts) - - Show Bio

Ahhh, still not as good as the mask. It's a great mask.

#13 Posted by ArturoCalaKayVee (11309 posts) - - Show Bio

His costume is perfect the way it is. I personally hated his BOTA look, it was so un deadpoolish. Doesn't need any changes -- though I also loved the X-Force look, but that was an understandable gimmick change.

#14 Posted by Xwraith (16769 posts) - - Show Bio

X Force design was cool

I'm so used to the black-and-white costume that the "regular" one doesn't look right to me anymore.

#15 Posted by Marionettegeist (1912 posts) - - Show Bio

No. It looks great as it is. No need to fix what isn't broken.

#16 Posted by DeathpooltheT1000 (10084 posts) - - Show Bio

How about Nooo!!!!

#17 Posted by The Lobster (1505 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah, pretty sure the costume we have now is the best Deadpool design we've had in years. It's got just the right amount of military black ops look, mixed with the perfect amount of the original design.

#18 Posted by Yung ANcient One (4720 posts) - - Show Bio

I think his newest design is just fine but I am game for another design. I'm a fan of change, even if it sucks, it is different for a while.

IMHO

( +)

#19 Posted by Squares (5230 posts) - - Show Bio

No, his costume is good the way it is.

#20 Edited by DEADPOOL (2703 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_lobster_ said:

Yeah, pretty sure the costume we have now is the best Deadpool design we've had in years. It's got just the right amount of military black ops look, mixed with the perfect amount of the original design.

I have to agree. It has everything that's iconic about his old costume without being too different, but is more appropriate for a militaristic fighter. I also like the addition of the buttons, makes it look more like a jacket and not a spandex shirt.

While I love seeing alternate versions of Deadpool, it might be too much of a culture shock to drastically and permanently change his costume. A lot of fans actually get angry when that happens, slight redesigns that update the character's appearance but doesn't change too much of the character's familiarity tends to go over the best. All the characters you listed meet this criteria, with the exception of Cyclops whose only theme between his costumes are the iconic red uni-visor and the blue & gold colors.

#21 Posted by THORSON (2344 posts) - - Show Bio

NO, HE IS COOL UNLIKE BATMAN

#22 Posted by TheAcidSkull (17784 posts) - - Show Bio

@thorson said:

NO, HE IS NOT COOL LIKE BATMAN

#23 Posted by fodigg (6146 posts) - - Show Bio

I always liked his "casual" suit:

#24 Posted by PunyParker (9400 posts) - - Show Bio

What's wrong with the current "Spider-Man/Red Hood" one?

#25 Posted by bigtewell (749 posts) - - Show Bio

i wish hed keep the white one from uncanny xforce altho i dont think there is anything wrong with his costume now. Deadpool like spiderman has just a classic design where if he changes it cool but if he doesnt then who cares it still looks good.

#26 Edited by Averoe (7 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd like a more metallic/armored look, similar to Doom's.

Kind of like this but less streamlined/smooth:

#27 Posted by Robert2928 (53 posts) - - Show Bio

Deadpool's costume has become iconic in a way. Redesigns are nice but let's be honest here we, as consumers, are hard to please. You completely redesign a character and old fans miss the "classic" look then new fans like the new look. Normally it would end there but nowadays the differences between people is enough to start a flame war starts between then fans.

I mean look at what happened with Devil May Cry's design of it's main protagonist Dante in DmC: Devil May Cry. I know it's an extreme case but still lol

#28 Edited by Bandi007 (5 posts) - - Show Bio

No, keep it the same. You don't fix perfection.