Deadpool's new on going is lackluster.

Chibio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Chibio

I would even go as far to say that his new on going series sucks.

I mean it really does. He is my favorite comic book character, but even I have a hard time trying to enjoy that comic. The whole story with the presidents was so stupid and the dialoge was just as bad. As if they were trying to make (or better yet: to manufacture) him sound witty and funny as hard as they could, but they failed miserabely. Issues number 8 was okay I guess, but only because the presidents are gone for now and I hope I'll never have to see them again. I know that we will never get the dark Deadpool with his twisted relationship to Blind Al and Bob, but damn ... it keeps on getting worse and worse.

What's your opinion on the topic?

Avatar image for thetimestreamer
theTimeStreamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

i like it. i loved the whole dead presidents thing.

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 43

http://www.comicvine.com/forums/fan-fic-8/marvel-mayhem-astonishing-x-force-1-1457920/#13 :D

Avatar image for deactivated-5c901e667a76c
deactivated-5c901e667a76c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I find Deadpool in general lackluster (with one exception). He's the superhero equivalent of Family Guy... and I hate Family Guy.

Chibio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Chibio

I miss Way.. He often took it too far with the humor, but his dialogues were good. The new writer.. I'm not feeling him. I still can't drop the book though. It's Deadpool after all.

Avatar image for the_jackolantern
The_jackolantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I didn't like the whole president thing or that throw back issue, but the new one with him killing for that demon and getting his organs stolen I liked

Chibio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I didn't like the whole president thing or that throw back issue, but the new one with him killing for that demon and getting his organs stolen I liked

Yeah, it was okay. And the art got better as well. But the first story... not really. I feel like when ever you join a new series, you need to have some good stuff in the very first few issues. I personally consider well known character as much more interesting than a bunch of dead presidents. Safe such an idea for later on, when you have to fill some storyline gaps, or something like that, but at the beginning? It's all about the names.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

It's really horrible. I miss when Deadpool was funny but also very serious and able to tell great stories like in volume one and two. The current writer is a comedian that uses pot and fart humor for most of his jokes, so there's like no chance of anything quality coming out of it.

Avatar image for the_jackolantern
The_jackolantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By The_jackolantern

I don't agree with that i think it was a good move not having a load of high profile people in it just to sell the book but I just didn't like how long it took to deal with the presidents,i think they could have put that 7 issue arc into a 4 and it would have been better

mavfan626

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I really like the new Deadpool series, the writers have been able bring lot more to Deadpool's personality as well as mystery, surprise and suspense to Deadpool's storyline arc's.. What I like the most is the way Deadpool in acting in the series, he no longer as careless as he was in the previous series (Way) and looks like he still him just not take any s*** like he did in he's last series.. though I do agree that it isn't as humorous as it was but the humor is there and I do think it is more clever and witty..

I thing I like about the Dead president arc was that it seemed that Deadpool was the only guy for the job, they mentioned in the arc that they did want Captain America to be seen fighting the president's and Dr. Strange asked how Deadpool was able to walk through the sphere without dieing.. which lead me to believe that Deadpool did something that Strange couldn't..

The issue Deadpool dealing with Iron Man was pretty funny and was a good lead into the next few issue's..

All around I think the current series is a Deadpool that we haven't seen in a long time.. Kicking A** and Crackin Wise

DH69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've found most of Marvel Now's stuff to be pretty good, but as a deadpool fan this run just hasnt clicked for me...atleast he's one of the few heroes to not get a suit change.

mavfan626

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@dh69 said:

I've found most of Marvel Now's stuff to be pretty good, but as a deadpool fan this run just hasnt clicked for me...atleast he's one of the few heroes to not get a suit change.

He did get a slight suit change..

DH69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dh69 said:

He did get a slight suit change..

hmm you're right, but its not a huge change they just added some...i dont know clips/buckles whatever those metal things are? Its not like the massive overhaul alot of other characters have had.

The Lobster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

This new series is miles better than Daniel Way's series. Daniel Way's series was pure and total crap and ruined the character in ways that he still hasn't recovered. Daniel Way's series was a complete mess, and if it wasn't for Rick Remender's Uncanny X-force and the occasional good mini-series or one-shot Deadpool would have probably never recovered.

That's what this new series is, a recovery. While it's not the best series with Deadpool written, it's a step in the right direction and is slowly getting better and better....plus at least these writers know how to actually write a good story..........This new series has foreshadowing, meaning the writers actually have planned ahead and know what to build up to (Unlike Way's series) everything has a purpose (look up Chekhov's Gun)....... It balances the serious moments with the humor, and isn't just Deadpool running around doing whatever (unlike Way's series).........It actually has humor that isn't situational, Deadpool is a pop-culture spewing motormouth which is what the Merc with the Mouth is supposed to be (Unlike Way's series). And finally....THE VOICES HAVE AN EXPLANATION!!! The perfect example of how bad a writer Way was, he would just throw stuff in there with no explanation even if it ruined the character. Deadpool is the Merc With A Mouth, how is he that when all his jokes are inside his head?! The worst part is that he actually got away with it.

The only thing I could say that was positive about Way's run was that he had some good ideas, but they were executed terribly. This new Marvel NOW series by Gerry Duggan and Brian Posehn is miles better, and while it's nowhere near as good as Joe Kelly's run it is still better than any of the Deadpool stuff we've had in the last 6 years and that's something.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#15  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

@chibio said:

I miss Way.. He often took it too far with the humor, but his dialogues were good. The new writer.. I'm not feeling him. I still can't drop the book though. It's Deadpool after all.

There's two.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#16  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

Deadpool hasn't been good since Cable was attached.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 vance_astro  Moderator

@k4tzm4n said:

Suicide Kings says, "shut up, you!"

I don't count miniseries. Anyone can have a good run of 12 or fewer issues.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 k4tzm4n  Moderator
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 vance_astro  Moderator

@k4tzm4n said:

Osh kosh bagosh!

Is this German?

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

@k4tzm4n said:

Osh kosh bagosh!

Is this German?

No, it's actually a clothing store for kids. For some reason the name stuck with me when I was younger and I love using it as a totally stupid and pointless response.

YOU DON'T LIKE DEADPOOL? WELL, OSH KOSH B'GOSH!

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

@k4tzm4n said:

No, it's actually a clothing store for kids.

I know, I was messing around.

@k4tzm4n said:

You like current Deadpool?

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 k4tzm4n  Moderator

@k4tzm4n said:

No, it's actually a clothing store for kids.

I know, I was messing around.

@k4tzm4n said:

You like current Deadpool?

Y U NO READ MY REVIEWS? Yes, I'm really digging it. I have some complaints about how Wade is handled, but I'm enjoying it for the most part.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 the_stegman  Moderator

Eh, I kinda stopped reading after three issues.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

@k4tzm4n said:

Y U NO READ MY REVIEWS?

Don't take it personally, I don't read anyone reviews anymore.

@k4tzm4n said:

Yes, I'm really digging it. I have some complaints about how Wade is handled, but I'm enjoying it for the most part.

What Deadpool era didn't you like?

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 k4tzm4n  Moderator

@k4tzm4n said:

Y U NO READ MY REVIEWS?

Don't take it personally, I don't read anyone reviews anymore.

@k4tzm4n said:

Yes, I'm really digging it. I have some complaints about how Wade is handled, but I'm enjoying it for the most part.

What Deadpool era didn't you like?

Not a fan of Way's run.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 vance_astro  Moderator

@k4tzm4n said:

Not a fan of Way's run.

I read alot of Way's run, I never got why people hated that so much but love other runs on the book. What's the big difference?

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

#28  Edited By TDK_1997

I was digging the take at first but I got sick of it.It looked the same way as Way's run looked like.So that's why I dropped the book.

Chibio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Let me sum up the new Deadpool for you:

He gets hit away by an undead president and starts yelling: "I believe I can fly, I believe I can tou.." That is as try hard as it gets and it's not the only example of bad dialogue in the current on going.

The Lobster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By The Lobster

@chibio said:

Let me sum up the new Deadpool for you:

He gets hit away by an undead president and starts yelling: "I believe I can fly, I believe I can tou.." That is as try hard as it gets and it's not the only example of bad dialogue in the current on going.

That's seems like an unfair gross generalization. There's obviously more to the new ongoing series than that.

z1co80

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I have just read the Kelly run which was brilliant and then the rest of the Classics 6-8 which were not up to much, I am now on Cable and Deadpool which i am loving and will then move onto Suicide Kings, MWTM, Wade Wilson's War, Max, Pulp then Deadpool Kills the Marvel Universe.

The thing is everything i have read tells me to stay away from the Way run and i am now starting to get the feeling that the new run may be the same. I have loved everything about Wade's character in Kelly's run and C&D but if that isn't who he is anymore i am not sure i will like it.

The new Dead Presidents trade comes out today and i did think about getting it but i think i'll wait until i know more about it.

The Lobster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By The Lobster

@z1co80 said:

I have just read the Kelly run which was brilliant and then the rest of the Classics 6-8 which were not up to much, I am now on Cable and Deadpool which i am loving and will then move onto Suicide Kings, MWTM, Wade Wilson's War, Max, Pulp then Deadpool Kills the Marvel Universe.

The thing is everything i have read tells me to stay away from the Way run and i am now starting to get the feeling that the new run may be the same. I have loved everything about Wade's character in Kelly's run and C&D but if that isn't who he is anymore i am not sure i will like it.

The new Dead Presidents trade comes out today and i did think about getting it but i think i'll wait until i know more about it.

If you liked Rick Remender's portrayal of Deadpool in Uncanny X-force, you'll probably like the new Marvel NOW series.The writers are friends with Rick, and they share very similar styles of storytelling. I wouldn't be surprised if they probably got tips on how to write Deadpool from him.

It's very Remender-esque what with the constant foreshadowing to future stories, Deadpool liking potty humor, and being immature but not crazy, and Deadpool also having the longing need to feel accepted.

Plus the Marvel NOW series is more in touch with Kelly in that he's a seriously scared individual with little value in human life but still has a heart and doesn't enjoy the fact that he's a killer. Opposed to the loveable crazy goofball that Way wrote.

This new series is way more well written than Way's series, and these guys really know what they're doing. I recommend the new Marvel NOW series. It's nowhere near the master-peace of Kelly's run, but I really am digging what they're doing with the series and I think it's worth checking out.

z1co80

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By z1co80

@z1co80 said:

If you liked Rick Remender's portrayal of Deadpool in Uncanny X-force, you'll probably like the new Marvel NOW series.The writers are friends with Rick, and they share very similar styles of storytelling. I wouldn't be surprised if they probably got tips on how to write Deadpool from him.

It's very Remender-esque what with the constant foreshadowing to future stories, Deadpool liking potty humor, and being immature but not crazy, and Deadpool also having the longing need to feel accepted.

Plus the Marvel NOW series is more in touch with Kelly in that he's a seriously scared individual with little value in human life but still has a heart and doesn't enjoy the fact that he's a killer. Opposed to the loveable crazy goofball that Way wrote.

This new series is way more well written than Way's series, and these guys really know what they're doing. I recommend the new Marvel NOW series. It's nowhere near the master-peace of Kelly's run, but I really am digging what they're doing with the series and I think it's worth checking out.

Thanks for the advice mate.

I just finished the first Ultimate Collection of the Cable & Deadpool run and i am in love with it, It's the funniest book i've read. I loved Kelly's run but Zircher on art just nails for me.

I really like the look of Moore's art on the new run too so i may take the plunge. Will wait and see once i have read what i have to read.

The Lobster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@z1co80 said:

@the_lobster_ said:

@z1co80 said:

I just finished the first Ultimate Collection of the Cable & Deadpool run and i am in love with it, It's the funniest book i've read. I loved Kelly's run but Zircher on art just nails for me.

I really like the look of Moore's art on the new run too so i may take the plunge. Will wait and see once i have read what i have to read.

The first arc of the new Marvel NOW was a little dry in some spots, but the last issue saved it completely and the arc that's going on now is quite simply amazing. I can only hope that it builds up to something great (I'm betting it does).

I liked Cable and Deadpool alot, but my only complaint is that (like Daniel Way but not as bad) the writer just kind of ignored things he didn't like that came before but keep things he did like.....which is confusing to a reader. Mostly with Deadpool origin. Beforehand Deadpool's dad was alive and kicking out there somewhere in Canada, but now I guess his dad was shot in a bar-fight in Ohio.

That's my only complaint, other than that it's a solid and hilarious run. Plus, I agree with you that Zircher is an amazing artist.

z1co80

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@z1co80 said:

@the_lobster_ said:

@z1co80 said:

The first arc of the new Marvel NOW was a little dry in some spots, but the last issue saved it completely and the arc that's going on now is quite simply amazing. I can only hope that it builds up to something great (I'm betting it does).

I liked Cable and Deadpool alot, but my only complaint is that (like Daniel Way but not as bad) the writer just kind of ignored things he didn't like that came before but keep things he did like.....which is confusing to a reader. Mostly with Deadpool origin. Beforehand Deadpool's dad was alive and kicking out there somewhere in Canada, but now I guess his dad was shot in a bar-fight in Ohio.

That's my only complaint, other than that it's a solid and hilarious run. Plus, I agree with you that Zircher is an amazing artist.

I read some of Ultimate Collection Two last night and i will say damn you Nicieza, Damn you lol. I am in love with this run.

You know when Deadpool is breaking into the Dominus Corp to try steal the Dominus Objective, Well i don't think i have laughed so hard in ages. Wade was singing Men At Work, Who Can It Be Now lol.

I can't get the bloody song out my head.

That part that you weren't keen on about his father, I just read that too. That's when they are sitting in a bar in Intercourse Pennsylvania. I didn't bother me that much to be honest. I came across a post of yours in another thread mate regarding the Marvel Now run where you mentioned to someone that DP doesn't have the voices in his head in Posehn's run.

Is this correct? I having read anything with the competing voices but i am not sure i'd like it to be honest. I also see you mentioned Remender's Uncanny X-Force too, I have the first six trades but i am waiting till seven comes out before i read it all. I have heard good things about Remender's DP.

The Lobster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@z1co80 said:

@the_lobster_ said:

@z1co80 said:

@the_lobster_ said:

@z1co80 said:

I read some of Ultimate Collection Two last night and i will say damn you Nicieza, Damn you lol. I am in love with this run.

You know when Deadpool is breaking into the Dominus Corp to try steal the Dominus Objective, Well i don't think i have laughed so hard in ages. Wade was singing Men At Work, Who Can It Be Now lol.

I can't get the bloody song out my head.

That part that you weren't keen on about his father, I just read that too. That's when they are sitting in a bar in Intercourse Pennsylvania. I didn't bother me that much to be honest. I came across a post of yours in another thread mate regarding the Marvel Now run where you mentioned to someone that DP doesn't have the voices in his head in Posehn's run.

Is this correct? I having read anything with the competing voices but i am not sure i'd like it to be honest. I also see you mentioned Remender's Uncanny X-Force too, I have the first six trades but i am waiting till seven comes out before i read it all. I have heard good things about Remender's DP.

Technically yes, the competing voices aren't in Posehn and Duggan's run. Although they did add something new that is kind of similar but in many way's better. I won't spoil it for you in case you decide to read it. But it's way better than the voices and doesn't take away his "merc with the mouth" aspect....That's why I don't like the voices, they take away his chatterbox attitude and instead all the jokes are in his head, plus Daniel Way just threw them in there with no explanation how they got there just so he wouldn't have to rely on a supporting cast. It was lazy writing at best.

Uncanny X-force is amazing, but Deadpool is only a supporting character so don't expect every issue to be about him. That's all I can say, the rest is fantastic.

Avatar image for octagonecologyst
Octagonecologyst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Octagonecologyst

@the_lobster_ said:

@z1co80 said:

Sorry, but you claiming that Deadpool's portrayal in his NOW series being just as good Remender's portrayal is frankly beyond insulting. You have genuinely made me butthurt.

The new writers have absolutely no clue as to how to write a good Deadpool story, let alone know who the character is.

No, but seriously, screw you, pal.

The Lobster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By The Lobster

@the_lobster_ said:

@z1co80 said:

Sorry, but you claiming that Deadpool's portrayal in his NOW series being just as good Remender's portrayal is frankly beyond insulting. You have genuinely made me butthurt.

The new writers have absolutely no clue as to how to write a good Deadpool story, let alone know who the character is.

Awwww wook at the widdle fanboy mad that someone else has an opinion. He's a cute widdle fanboy, yes he is, yes he issss. About as cute as skin-rash, that is.

No, but seriously though, grow up and then come back to this forum when you can debate without resorting to childish things like name-calling and angry remarks.

Brian and Gerry are doing a fantastic job on the series; and if anything, have written a Deadpool story on par with Remender......Why? Well it's simple..... Remender's solo Deadpool stories were terrible, What If Venom was unfunny and pointless and the short story he did for Deadpool 10000 was.....okay at best for the Indiana Jones fart joke.These stories NEVER once explored Deadpool as a human being and instead just decided to focus on Deadpool being a goofball (which isn't what Deadpool is supposed to be and if you think that then you are dead wrong and know nothing of how Deadpool is supposed to be written).

The only time he ever wrote a good Deadpool was in Uncanny X-force and he barely ever explored him as a character, I've done the math....out of the 37 issues, only 9 explored Deadpool as a person. Opposed to Fantomex or Psylocke who had pretty much the whole series dedicated to them and their relationship. Those issues that did focus on Deadpool were great, but even then they mostly just focused on Deadpool being the loser of the group who just wanted to be accepted even though the other members hated him for his annoyance and love of immature fart-jokes.

You can't say he knows how to write Deadpool when so far the only stuff we have are either minimal amounts of good stuff and two other cases of weak stuff. Brian and Gerry have done more with Deadpool in their last 10 issues than Rick Remender has done with his 10 (combined) issues.

Avatar image for supremehyperion
SupremeHyperion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

Deadpool is best suited as a secondary character in my mind. his character is best taken in smaller doses. when he is given the spotlight he often becomes tiring and overdone. He's a cool character but often comes off as the dane cook of comic characters.

Avatar image for octagonecologyst
Octagonecologyst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@octagonecologyst said:

@the_lobster_ said:

@z1co80 said:

Awwww wook at the widdle fanboy mad that someone else has an opinion. He's a cute widdle fanboy, yes he is, yes he issss. About as cute as skin-rash, that is.

No, but seriously though, grow up and then come back to this forum when you can debate without resorting to childish things like name-calling and angry remarks.

Brian and Gerry are doing a fantastic job on the series; and if anything, have written a Deadpool story on par with Remender......Why? Well it's simple..... Remender's solo Deadpool stories were terrible, What If Venom was unfunny and pointless and the short story he did for Deadpool 10000 was.....okay at best for the Indiana Jones fart joke.These stories NEVER once explored Deadpool as a human being and instead just decided to focus on Deadpool being a goofball (which isn't what Deadpool is supposed to be and if you think that then you are dead wrong and know nothing of how Deadpool is supposed to be written).

The only time he ever wrote a good Deadpool was in Uncanny X-force and he barely ever explored him as a character, I've done the math....out of the 37 issues, only 9 explored Deadpool as a person. Opposed to Fantomex or Psylocke who had pretty much the whole series dedicated to them and their relationship. Those issues that did focus on Deadpool were great, but even then they mostly just focused on Deadpool being the loser of the group who just wanted to be accepted even though the other members hated him for his annoyance and love of immature fart-jokes.

You can't say he knows how to write Deadpool when so far the only stuff we have are either minimal amounts of good stuff and two other cases of weak stuff. Brian and Gerry have done more with Deadpool in their last 10 issues than Rick Remender has done with his 10 (combined) issues.

I sure do love me some hypocrisy. Yeah, I think we're kind of done here. I know better than to argue with hypocritical children like yourself. A shame really.

The Lobster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_lobster_ said:

@octagonecologyst said:

@the_lobster_ said:

@z1co80 said:

I sure do love me some hypocrisy. Yeah, I think we're kind of done here. I know better than to argue with hypocritical children like yourself. A shame really.

The real shame is that I thought you were being mature by sending this as a private message first....but my mistake for giving you too much credit.

Yes, I did lower myself to your level.....but only after you started the rudeness in the first place. Yeah, I supposed that's some form of hypocrisy, I accept my mistake....but still....The person who started the fire with intent to burn is worse than the person who did nothing to stop it.

The main difference between my post and your post however, is that one post is meant to instill or start a debate amongst two comic-book fans by backing up his opinion. The other is one person going "neh, your opinions are stupid" with no facts or information to back up their opinions. One is arguing and insulting, the other is debating.

But fine, you have your opinion and I have mine. We can still end this before this gets out of hand. Thanks, for taking some form of a high road and trying to cut this off before it burns into something we both don't want to have to deal with...hopefully you eventually become mature enough to avoid these kind of problems in the first place by not resorting to name-calling as a first resort.

Dabee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chibio said:

I would even go as far to say that his new on going series sucks.

I mean it really does. He is my favorite comic book character, but even I have a hard time trying to enjoy that comic. The whole story with the presidents was so stupid and the dialoge was just as bad. As if they were trying to make (or better yet: to manufacture) him sound witty and funny as hard as they could, but they failed miserabely. Issues number 8 was okay I guess, but only because the presidents are gone for now and I hope I'll never have to see them again. I know that we will never get the dark Deadpool with his twisted relationship to Blind Al and Bob, but damn ... it keeps on getting worse and worse.

What's your opinion on the topic?

You say that while your avatar is from DP6? You may not like the series, (I personally love it), but it certainly doesn't suck. Posehn and Duggan are a great fit, along with Moore and now Hawkins and Staples. I think the book is nothing short of perfect!

SideburnGuru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've been prefering it over the Daniel Way series. That being said, I wish it was a bit more serious.

I enjoyed the Dead President's Arc. I'm enjoying everything this comic has been doing. However, still wish it was like his FIRST series run. Where they give him some damn good serious moments.

He needs that. To go along with his humor, he needs those tragic moments here and there.

Bogey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've enjoyed the series so far. Issue 10 was pretty great seeing DP taking on a bunch of villains and Spock.

Avatar image for ultimatejonathan
UltimateJonathan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By UltimateJonathan

The Deadpool game is far more funny than all of the issues of this current ongoing combined.

The Lobster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Deadpool game is far more funny than all of the issues of this current ongoing combined.

Maybe, but the new series is better written.

I'd rather a plain well-made home cooked meal, over some fast food junk any day.

jessejames182

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I really like the new Deadpool series, the writers have been able bring lot more to Deadpool's personality as well as mystery, surprise and suspense to Deadpool's storyline arc's.. What I like the most is the way Deadpool in acting in the series, he no longer as careless as he was in the previous series (Way) and looks like he still him just not take any s*** like he did in he's last series.. though I do agree that it isn't as humorous as it was but the humor is there and I do think it is more clever and witty..

I thing I like about the Dead president arc was that it seemed that Deadpool was the only guy for the job, they mentioned in the arc that they did want Captain America to be seen fighting the president's and Dr. Strange asked how Deadpool was able to walk through the sphere without dieing.. which lead me to believe that Deadpool did something that Strange couldn't..

The issue Deadpool dealing with Iron Man was pretty funny and was a good lead into the next few issue's..

All around I think the current series is a Deadpool that we haven't seen in a long time.. Kicking A** and Crackin Wise

I don't think we are reading the same comic. I could see how the story could be considered alright, but their delivery is just awful. The dialogue sucks, it makes it seem as though there's no depth to Deadpool. The artwork could also be better, it's not awful but the whole comic just feels bare minimum. Marvel's just giving their attention to their movies and giving us a decent Deadpool story with fart jokes at every corner.

P.S. The Ben Franklin thing came from Dr. McNinja.

chem86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

This new series is miles better than Daniel Way's series. Daniel Way's series was pure and total crap and ruined the character in ways that he still hasn't recovered. Daniel Way's series was a complete mess, and if it wasn't for Rick Remender's Uncanny X-force and the occasional good mini-series or one-shot Deadpool would have probably never recovered.

That's what this new series is, a recovery. While it's not the best series with Deadpool written, it's a step in the right direction and is slowly getting better and better....plus at least these writers know how to actually write a good story..........This new series has foreshadowing, meaning the writers actually have planned ahead and know what to build up to (Unlike Way's series) everything has a purpose (look up Chekhov's Gun)....... It balances the serious moments with the humor, and isn't just Deadpool running around doing whatever (unlike Way's series).........It actually has humor that isn't situational, Deadpool is a pop-culture spewing motormouth which is what the Merc with the Mouth is supposed to be (Unlike Way's series). And finally....THE VOICES HAVE AN EXPLANATION!!! The perfect example of how bad a writer Way was, he would just throw stuff in there with no explanation even if it ruined the character. Deadpool is the Merc With A Mouth, how is he that when all his jokes are inside his head?! The worst part is that he actually got away with it.

The only thing I could say that was positive about Way's run was that he had some good ideas, but they were executed terribly. This new Marvel NOW series by Gerry Duggan and Brian Posehn is miles better, and while it's nowhere near as good as Joe Kelly's run it is still better than any of the Deadpool stuff we've had in the last 6 years and that's something.

Couldn't have said it much better. The marvel NOW Deadpool isn't his best, but so very much better than Way's run. While I didn't totally hate Way's run like most people did, I can for sure say its my least favorite written Deadpool. Like lobster pointed out, the new Deadpool is written with a lot more thought put into it, and for the most part is a well told story. I'm finding I like the new Deadpool more and more(throwback issues were awesome!). Kinda hard to judge the new series too as it's really just started still.

While this might not be as good as Kelly or Fabian's Deadpool, it is step the right direction considering the Way series.

jessejames182

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@chem86: I did like Way's series but apparently Deadpool's fans have different opinions on it. But have you read Deadpool: Pulp? If you have I'm just saying that's the kind of Deadpool main comic I would like to read. This current series just seems to always be one issue too long, like the Daredevil crossover issue I thought should've been omitted, just have the shape shifter die pretty fast then get to the fight with Vetis.