#1 Posted by Mr_Holmes (49 posts) - - Show Bio

So in the wake of a lot of frustration with the inconsistent and unpredictable creative changes at DC due to some editorial mess, this thread is your chance to manage the entire New 52 line. For any book you can choose your fantasy creative team. You can also cancel and replace any book you want. And because DC is currently down three books from the New 52 you can add three additional books without canceling anything.

I'm going to do it for the entire line, but you don't have to. If you want you can just pick a specific line (Justice League, Young Justice, Edge, Dark, etc.) and make your changes

#2 Posted by kilowog52 (260 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm pretty sure the New 52 is only missing two series. I figure DC figured the hell with keeping the promise of maintaining 52 ongoing series and thought no one would notice as they slowly chop down their line. I also noticed that when they said they decided to do 52 series because that was the number of series they were doing before the New 52, that was also untrue. In August of 2011 they published 34 series including such non mainstream series as Batman Beyond, Doc Savage, and The Spirit. Or 35 if Batman: Gates of Gotham was not a mini, which I was under the impression it was. If you go back all the way to the beginning of 2011 you find more cancelled titles, but even if you add all of them, you don't get 52. Maintaining 52 titles may be too much of a strain on DC. And remember when they had that 'Drawing the line at $2.99' catchphrase? Well now many of their books are $2.99 but they're like all of four pages and many are $3.99 and they're still thinner than the previous $2.99 ones.

Anyway, here's my thought. Since the Young Justice family has only two titles, whey don't they just merge that family with another, like The Edge. I'd get rid of the following series- Katana, World's Finest, Batman: The Dark Knight, Catwoman, Talon, Red Hood and the Outlaws, The Green Team: Teen Trillionaires, The Movement, Red Lanterns, Larfleeze, Constantine, and Dial H. I'd bring back several of the series they cancelled like Hawkman, Deathstroke, Justice League International, and Firestorm. I'd create a book that followed an actual Wildstorm team. I'd put a Tales of the Corps book in the Green Lantern family. Also in the Green Lantern family I'd do a book called Green Lanterns of Sector 2814 which would have a more Earthbound feel and feature Simon Baz, another human Lantern who wasn't from the USA, and the giant alien whale seen as GL in The Last Days of Animal Man while regular the regular GL title followed Hal on Oa. I'd give Justin Gray and Jimmy Palmiotti their Freedom Fighters series. I'd bring back DC Universe presents which would showcase a rotating roster of better-known little-known characters like the Doom Patrol. I'd bring back R.E.B.E.L.S. in a book dubbed L.E.G.I.O.N. again. I'd create a series that picks up where Red Hood and the Outlaws left off that features Jason Todd and Roy Harper teaming up with Jericho and some other former Titans,.like perhaps Argent. I'd green light the Red Robin and the Outsiders idea teased in the original pre-Flashpoint Batman Incorporated. And let's do a The Brave and the Bold style rotating team-up book. Finally I'd do a second volume of Justice League Task Force where the Martian Manhunter is leader and, taking a bit from the original Mission Impossible TV show, at the beginning selects his team specific for each mission from photographs of over a hundred different operatives. Also I'd have Barbara Gordon decide she was much more valuable to the superhero community as Oracle and return to those duties despite her newfound ability to walk.This would make Stephanie Brown Batgirl again. If that doesn't sell, they could cancel the series and do a Batman Family series with rotating stars. And I'd change the name of Superman Unchained to Superman: Man of Steel. I would say a book called Young Justice which would feature heroes too young for the Teen Titans, but Iris and Jai West are wherever Wally is and Damian, Lian Harper, and Cliff Baker have all been killed off.

About the cancelled New 52 titles I said I'd bring back, I say that because the reason they were cancelled was because they weren't done right. You see, each of these titles was announce before the idea of the New 52 got conceived. JLI was to spin out of JL: Generation Lost. At the end of that book ,there was a strong team consisting of Booster Gold, Blue Beetle (Jaime Reyes), Fire, Ice, Captain Atom, Rocket Red (Gavril Ivanovich), Power Girl, Batman, and Wonder Woman. They could have just added Guy Gardner and continued hunting Maxwell Lord like they were supposed to, perhaps with the aid of Taleb Beni Khalid. Booster and Beetle would be heavily focused on in the series so that neither would need to carry their own. Deathstroke was supposed to spin out of the Titans series. I'm not sure what the original plan was for that book, but am pretty sure it did not have to do with retconning the Omega Men as half human hybrids. Hawkman and Firestorm both spun out of Brightest Day. As for Firestorm, Brightest Day introduced a treasure trove of potential plot lines to explore down the road. And Hawkman was supposed to go on a rage quest for Chay-Ara/Shierra after the Entity seemingly disintegrated her, meanwhile finding out that he is somehow Katar Hol, as hinted in Jim Starlin's Hawkman Special during Rann/Thanagar: Holy War. Aquaman was the other one that spun out of that series and though it's a very fun read, it's also being done wrong. It was announced that the series would feature in addition to Arthur and Mera, current Aquagirl Lorena Marquez, and new Aqualad Jackson Hyde. Instead they introduce new versions of long-dead characters Garth, Tula, and Vulko.

You see, the New 52 really effed things up. They could have just mad 52 new series and not retconned all of continuity. The new continuity isn't any easier to figure out than the original. And Green Lantern and Batman are virtually unscathed while Teen Titans, Superman, Wonder Woman, Marian Manhunter, and the Flash are all effed up. Hopefully after whatever comes after Trinity War, the New 52 Universe will be merged back into the previous DCU. This would mean Earth 2 characters would once again exist on the main Earth, but I wouldn't mind seeing the New 52 Earth 2 book be continued under the same banner as the other media books like Batman Beyond Unlimited and Smallville Season Eleven. In that category, I'd also like to see a book following the League and the Team from the Young Justice cartoon after the show's cancellation. Anyway, if they did do this, a JSA book would have to come back. Just before Flashpoint, we saw the Justice Society become and actual society as they had like forty members. And Alan Scott was king of a magical city on the dark side of the moon. How cool is that.

To reiterate my choices for 52 titles.

In alphabetical order (if you omit symbols, punctuation marks, and trivial words such as 'the', 'and', and 'of'.):

Action Comics

All-Star Western

Animal Man

Aquaman

Batman

Batman Family

Batman Incorporated

Batman and Robin

Batman/Superman

Batwing

Batwoman

Birds of Prey

Brave and the Bold

DC Universe Presents

Deathstroke

Demon Knights

Detective Comics

Firestorm

Flash

Freedom Fighters

Green Arrow

Green Lantern

Green Lantern Corps

Green Lantern: New Guardians

Green Lanterns of Sector 2814

Hawkman

Justice League

Justice League of America

Justice League of America’s Vibe

Justice League Dark

Justice League International

Justice League Task Force

Justice Society Returns

L.E.G.I.O.N.

Legion of Superheroes

Nightwing

Red Robin and the Outsiders

Stormwatch (or you could call it something else. this would be Jim Starlin's cosmic series)

Suicide Squad

Superboy

Supergirl

Superman

Superman: Man of Steel

Swamp Thing

Tales of the Corps

Teen Titans

Threshold

Titans (for lack of a better name)

Trinity of Sin: Pandora

Trinity of Sin: The Phantom Stranger

WildC.A.T.S. (or the Authority)

Wonder Woman

*Young Justice* (Honorary 53rd)

#3 Edited by MadeinBangladesh (5020 posts) - - Show Bio

QUESTION TITLE!

Also I would Replace the crappy Teen Titans title with Young Justice Book just like the Animated Series one.

#4 Edited by Avenging-X-Bolt (11750 posts) - - Show Bio