#1 Posted by danhimself (22684 posts) - - Show Bio

So let's say that one morning the members of the Justice League woke up and had all of their memories of the PreFlashpoint timeline. They now know that their universe has been tampered with. They don't know who did it and they don't know why. Would the heroes of the Justice League work to get the old timeline restored or would they just accept their fate and move on?

#2 Posted by Backflip (2266 posts) - - Show Bio

@danhimself: Is this like a House of M scenario essentially?

#3 Posted by RulerOfThisUniverse (6364 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd imagine they'd just continue. Their lives are their lives, they wouldn't want to delete them.

#4 Posted by danhimself (22684 posts) - - Show Bio

@backflip: I hadn't thought about that but yeah I suppose it is

#5 Edited by Durakken (1593 posts) - - Show Bio

@danhimself: Depends on who it is... There are a few characters that definitely would simply based on some people not existing. Also they'd know that whatever this universe is, it's not the "real" universe and they couldn't continue with the lie regardless of how good they appeared to have it.

Also present day time line and before... seem to not matter to the overall timeline as the LoSH timeline is actually the same as previously and the changes that Flashpoint make happen stops several hundred years at least, before LoSH.

There is also the argument that a number of evil groups did not exist in the previous time line and since that is the case there is still the chance that someone would make the argument that the previously time line is better...

All of these are the case for the Bat-Family. They have very good arguments to fix the universe as do characters like The Question and Pandora... both of which would also have reason to not fix the universe as well...

#6 Posted by Backflip (2266 posts) - - Show Bio

@danhimself: Well in that case I think it's largely dependent upon the member of the League in question. Batman and Green Lantern have both had their history largely untampered with (excluding Stephanie Brown), so I think for the most part all of the Lantern's would be content to carry on N52, but Batman... That's a tough nut to crack. I think for Batman, you'd have to weigh up whether or not Pre-FP was safer. Whether he did a better job as Batman in the grand scheme of things, and if the answer to that is yes, then yes, Batman would try and figure out a way to restore what's right, but perhaps more importantly, 'right' is essential to Batman and in many ways I see him as the analogue to Wolverine in that regard.

Additionally, it can't be denied that Pre-52, for all it's problems, was arguably a better world. The heroes stood for more. They were more distinguished versions of themselves, and they did a better job (Superman was the ultimate Paragon. That's no longer the case). Moreover, The Flash, Superman, even Green Arrow, their lives were more 'complete'. They had families - I mean, just look at what Superman lost for N52, he lost the Kents, he lost his relationship with Kon and Kara, he lost his adopted child; Chris Kent. Moreover, they lost lovers (Lois Lane, Iris West, Dinah Lance) and even friend were evaporated because of the time shift (Wally West and his children, Donna Troy, and I could go on).

Ultimately, I think that if the League knew fully what had happened, if they were aware of just how much everything changed. How unnatural that change was. What they lost, then I believe of course that they would try to bring it all back if they could.

Characters in favour of returning to Pre-Flashpoint

- Superman
- Batman
- Wonder Woman
- Flash
- Kyle Rayner
- Green Arrow
- Martian Manhunter
- Captain Marvel (Billy Batson)
- Zatanna
- Firestorm (Especially the Jason side of things ;) )
- Booster Gold

Characters against returning to Pre-Flashpoint

- Cyborg
- Aquaman (I can see him being indifferent)
- Hal Jordan
- Guy Gardner
- Elemental Woman (She didn't exist)
- Catwoman

Note.

Writing this has made me sad and nostalgic for Pre-Flashpoint :'(

#7 Edited by danhimself (22684 posts) - - Show Bio

@durakken said:

@danhimself: Depends on who it is... There are a few characters that definitely would simply based on some people not existing. Also they'd know that whatever this universe is, it's not the "real" universe and they couldn't continue with the lie regardless of how good they appeared to have it.

Also present day time line and before... seem to not matter to the overall timeline as the LoSH timeline is actually the same as previously and the changes that Flashpoint make happen stops several hundred years at least, before LoSH.

There is also the argument that a number of evil groups did not exist in the previous time line and since that is the case there is still the chance that someone would make the argument that the previously time line is better...

All of these are the case for the Bat-Family. They have very good arguments to fix the universe as do characters like The Question and Pandora... both of which would also have reason to not fix the universe as well...

Pandora was the one who made the New 52 timeline...I think in the end if the League decided to fight to bring the old timeline back then they would eventually end up fighting Pandora

#8 Posted by Durakken (1593 posts) - - Show Bio

@danhimself: true but Pandora doesn't like existing the way she does and doesn't in the previous timeline so >.>

#9 Posted by danhimself (22684 posts) - - Show Bio

@durakken: well she had to exist somewhere prior to Flashpoint right

#10 Posted by Durakken (1593 posts) - - Show Bio