• 86 results
#51 Posted by baneofdemon22 (209 posts) - - Show Bio

When I read Geoff John's Flash, I didn't like Barry at all. Previously I only read him in Crisis on Infinite Earths. I was confused why people loved this Flash so much and could even argue him being better than Wally. I trusted Johns would have written him at his best, because I was such a fan of his. I liked his Wally far better. I, especially, loved Mark Waid's run on the Flash with Wally and Grant Morrison's JLA. However, I just read the Trial of the Flash and that may have changed my opinion. Now I'm a Barry fan! It's really the only old Flash I've read and it was enough to make him one of my favorite superheroes. I really enjoy how he's been written in the New 52 as well.

#52 Edited by redleader1 (508 posts) - - Show Bio
#53 Edited by WIshIWasSuperman (1351 posts) - - Show Bio

@redleader1: No, Stan Lee was pretty clear that Justice League led to the creation of the Fantastic Four

#54 Posted by Jayso4201 (596 posts) - - Show Bio

I like Jay the best, but the Barry is the greatest.

#55 Posted by Lvenger (19896 posts) - - Show Bio

@wishiwassuperman: I think he meant they were inspired by the jsa

I asked him this question at a London Comic Con in 2012. He told me that the success of the Justice League led to him inventing the FF as a result of that popularity.

#56 Posted by redleader1 (508 posts) - - Show Bio
#57 Posted by CHE_GUEVARA (51 posts) - - Show Bio

old is gold but modern is platinum.

WALLY WEST.

no doubt about it. cooooooooooooool.

#58 Posted by Rouflex (18135 posts) - - Show Bio

Wally

#59 Posted by Cutter (793 posts) - - Show Bio
#60 Posted by Transformers1024 (1902 posts) - - Show Bio

Barry Allen for me. It feels like I can relate to him unlike the others.

#61 Posted by RustyRoy (12715 posts) - - Show Bio

Wally followed by Barry

#62 Posted by MatteoPG (1927 posts) - - Show Bio

And you know that you're singing the song in your head right now.

#63 Posted by JulieDC (954 posts) - - Show Bio

I love them both equally. I can read stories with either one as the defacto Flash. So that means all the more wonderful stories for me to choose from.

#64 Edited by SoA (4834 posts) - - Show Bio

max mercury

#65 Posted by The Stegman (24374 posts) - - Show Bio

Still Barry

#66 Edited by 2cool4fun (1367 posts) - - Show Bio

#67 Posted by sinestro_GL (3152 posts) - - Show Bio

Barry! He's such a great guy that sometimes I want to cry.

#68 Posted by Cloakx14 (3051 posts) - - Show Bio

wally west.

#69 Posted by LyraFay (2527 posts) - - Show Bio

Both. That's all.

#70 Posted by MarlboroMan (1625 posts) - - Show Bio
#71 Posted by captaincoldsnart (5 posts) - - Show Bio

I believe Wally West is the best flash.

Barry Allen may have started the silver age, but no flash is as fast as West. None of the other flash's have made close relationships with the reformed rogues.

#72 Posted by officialgreen (8 posts) - - Show Bio

Wally West. Though I actually found someone who didn't even know who Jay Garrick was. For that reason alone I hope that people will at least acknowledge him as being the best.

#73 Posted by Maddpanda531 (1096 posts) - - Show Bio

Wally West is my favorite Flash.

#74 Posted by Gizmorino (419 posts) - - Show Bio

Barry Allen, by far!! He's my 3rd favorite comic book character... I don't hate Wally, but I hate what the writers did with him. The Infinite Mass Punch is one of the reason why I dislike Wally. Flash is supposed to be the fastest man alive, right? Everybody knows that, but then, they also made him the strongest man alive?? That sucked, they almost ruined the character for me... It also raised a question: why doesn't he always do that to the more powerful villains? I believe there is only one comic where he does it... Second thing why I dislike Wally is the "speed steal" thing. At first, it was kinda cool, but then it just went out of control when he could turn people into statues. It didn't make any sense, again, why doesn't he always do that to all his villains??? At this point, Wally just became such a broken character that I didn't like him. The New 52 Flash is awesome, and not only because it's Barry, but so far, they have managed to keep the character in balance. He's still VERY powerful, but not a god.

I totally agree with you............Overpowering wally with the IMP sucks and Barry is kindaff a unique speedster[most speedsters are portrayed as impulsive and less-intelligent] But Barry is so awesome

#75 Posted by Lightblaze (117 posts) - - Show Bio
#76 Posted by sinestro_GL (3152 posts) - - Show Bio

Barry Allen

/thread

#77 Edited by reaverlation (15842 posts) - - Show Bio

All Flashes rule!

#78 Posted by Rabbitearsblog (5884 posts) - - Show Bio

I like Barry Allen the best, even though I also enjoyed Wally West.

#79 Posted by lifeofvibe (3485 posts) - - Show Bio

i think i know what geoff johns did here he relized no matter how gpod his run on on the flash was (being barry and all) that are favorite flash was still going to be wally so him being the ceo and alll he did what any fanboy would do he erased wally so alot of pople would start liking barry! well to this i say to him...SMART. but in the end i say F*CK HIM

p.s to harsh?

#80 Posted by JakeN7 (12386 posts) - - Show Bio

Barry Allen and Wally West are like Dick Grayson and Tim Drake, respectively. One created a legacy, the other perfected it. Not to mention I grew up with Tim as Robin and Wally as Flash. But Barry and Dick are very close to my heart as well. So yeah, Wally.

#81 Posted by Dernman (15087 posts) - - Show Bio

Barry is the more interesting single hero. Wally might squeak out being better as a team flash but Barry still comes out on top.

#82 Posted by lifeofvibe (3485 posts) - - Show Bio

one can relate more to wally then one can to barry i mean how many people work in a crime lab

#83 Posted by officialgreen (8 posts) - - Show Bio

@lifeofvibe: How many people can run past the Big Bang?

#84 Edited by ClarkKent12 (133 posts) - - Show Bio

Barry Allen, the perfect superhero; charismatic, intelligent, humble and yet cocky at the same time.

#85 Posted by lightsout (1827 posts) - - Show Bio

Wally West for sure. Barry is great (especially in the N52), but I'm still sour that Wally has been treated so poorly (even pre-52, it started when Barry was resurrected).

#86 Posted by Knightsofdarkness2 (2217 posts) - - Show Bio

Wally and Barry are the best

#87 Posted by RustyRoy (12715 posts) - - Show Bio