• 78 results
Posted by Jack Donaghy (1072 posts) 1 year, 4 months ago

Poll: Who is DC's 3rd most iconic character? (159 votes)

Wonder Woman 62%
The Joker 19%
Robin 16%
Lois Lane 1%
Lex Luthor 3%

We all know Superman and Batman are DC's 2 most iconic characters but who's after them? I think it's Wonder Woman and DC usually promotes her as such but I could see an argument being made for the other characters on my list.

#2 Posted by RDClip (1137 posts) - - Show Bio

Supposed to be Wonder Woman, but I think DC treats Green Lantern like it.

#3 Edited by Jack Donaghy (1072 posts) - - Show Bio

@rdclip said:

Supposed to be Wonder Woman, but I think DC treats Green Lantern like it.

True, they seem to be pushing him as their 3rd biggest hero as of late.

#4 Posted by Veshark (9058 posts) - - Show Bio

'Iconic' in terms of public recognition? Gonna have to go with the Joker here.

#5 Edited by V_Scarlotte_Rose (6424 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm pretty sure it's Wonder Woman.

#6 Posted by Al_capOWN (535 posts) - - Show Bio

The joker duhh, everyone know the joker.

#7 Posted by Farkam (4954 posts) - - Show Bio

Wonderwoman if you are talking about heroes.

#8 Posted by The_Red_Viper (4167 posts) - - Show Bio

For me Superman, Batman and Wonder Woman are DC's "Big Three".

#9 Posted by RustyRoy (13258 posts) - - Show Bio

Its either Joker or Robin.

#10 Posted by Backflip (2266 posts) - - Show Bio

Wonder Woman.

Then Robin/Joker

#11 Posted by Jackmaa (47 posts) - - Show Bio

For me it's Robin. Knowing about batman even just a little bit, includes his marvelous sidekick.

#12 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (33902 posts) - - Show Bio

When it comes to heroes its Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, The Flash and Green Arrow

#13 Posted by The_Red_Viper (4167 posts) - - Show Bio
#14 Posted by MartianManhunterIsBetterThanCyborg (2246 posts) - - Show Bio

Robin or Wonder Woman

#15 Posted by JJ62 (1299 posts) - - Show Bio

Out of that group, Joker.

But, I would place GL in the "big three" with Bats and Supes.

#16 Posted by FlashDamn (947 posts) - - Show Bio

@jack_donaghy: where is the flash because he is the 3rd most iconic.

#17 Posted by CheeseSticks (2533 posts) - - Show Bio

Joker, Flash, WW or GL

#18 Edited by Teerack (7067 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm going to go with Green Lantern.

#19 Edited by KingOfAsh (3621 posts) - - Show Bio

Why no Green Lantern or Aquaman in the choices? I picked Wonder Woman.

#20 Posted by JohnnyGat (1573 posts) - - Show Bio

Alfred

#21 Posted by Hanson724 (565 posts) - - Show Bio

Green Lantern for sure but outta those choices it's gotta be the Joker

#22 Edited by JulieDC (1020 posts) - - Show Bio

I look to my mom for answers like this...if she, a woman who couldn't figure out how to turn on a computer can recognize their names then they are iconic. I wasn't surprised that she knew robin and joker but was quite shocked that she knew of Wonder Woman because I didn't even know of her until I saw the justice league cartoon. Then I realized she lived through the 60s and 70s and watched batman and Wonder Woman tv shows.

#23 Posted by leych (20 posts) - - Show Bio

The big three has always been Batman, Superman and Wonderwoman.

#24 Posted by Breadspread (774 posts) - - Show Bio

I wasn't expecting to see the Joker. I came on to this forum to vote Wonderwoman, but, now I'm torn. Threw me curveball including villains, well played.

Joker is pretty iconic but ask anyone ( present company excluded) to name a female superhero and most will say Wonderwoman. That's iconic! Wonderwoman gets my vote.

#25 Edited by SavageDragon (2252 posts) - - Show Bio

Wonder Woman, 4th is Robin or Joker no doubt.

#26 Edited by Jack Donaghy (1072 posts) - - Show Bio

@flashdamn said:

@jack_donaghy: where is the flash because he is the 3rd most iconic.

You could make an argument for Flash and even GL or Aquaman but I felt the characters I put are just more iconic. When you think of a DC villain most will instantly think of Joker or Lex, when you think of a young hero or sidekick Robin comes to mind. When you think of a civilian non hero/villain Lois comes to mind. And of course Wonder Woman is THE female superhero. So while Flash, GL, and Aquaman are very iconic they're not quite on the level of those other characters.

#27 Posted by KnightRise (4785 posts) - - Show Bio

Wonder Woman, a Robin, and the Joker are probably tied for third. If you ask someone who's never read a comic to list off as many comicbook characters as they can, counting only DC ,characters one of those three would be named early.

#28 Posted by sinestro_GL (3248 posts) - - Show Bio

I thought the answer was pretty straight forward, but when I saw that you were also talking about villains, I hesitated with my vote a bit.

#29 Posted by jwalser3 (5170 posts) - - Show Bio

Hal Jordan.

#30 Posted by Black_Claw (3009 posts) - - Show Bio

Wonder Woman

#31 Posted by gator4eva (396 posts) - - Show Bio

I think DC wants it to be Wonder Woman since she's part of the trinity. Seeing how Batman is so famous however Robin or Joker are probably fighting for the third spot.

#32 Posted by SupremeHyperion (1533 posts) - - Show Bio

it's obviously Robin.

#33 Posted by Joygirl (20063 posts) - - Show Bio

Wonder Woman is supposed to be. But in a popularity contest Joker wins easily, he is more popular than Superman.

#34 Edited by Extremis (3361 posts) - - Show Bio

I feel like its 'supposed' to be WW, but I'm going with Robin. Everyone knows Robin, he's the first superhero sidekick - the Boy Wonder. Though WW is a feminist icon, the Robin mantle itself has sported 4 different characters (that's just in canon), all who have gone on to their own success: Dick (in Teen Titans as their leader and as Nightwing), Tim (as Robin and Red Robin), Jason (as Red Hood). They have all had their own titles which have all done significantly well in their own rite and Damian becoming a new fan-favorite and destined to return (come on who stays dead in comics besides Uncle Ben?).

He's the worlds most famous sidekick. I bet just as many people know Robin as WW. And the others are popular but not as much IMO.

#35 Posted by Jayc1324 (12802 posts) - - Show Bio

Batman and superman and the most famous, and whenever you think of batman, joker and robin especially come to mind so I would say those two. Wonder Woman should be up there too

#36 Posted by GeekyEverAfter (353 posts) - - Show Bio

Wonder Woman FTW

#37 Posted by The_Titan_Lord (6764 posts) - - Show Bio

SM, BM and WW being third most iconic and famous.

#38 Posted by Xeno_Seeker (414 posts) - - Show Bio

The Trinity.

#39 Edited by THEOCITYLEGEND (1235 posts) - - Show Bio

Do people still pay attention to Wonder Woman?

#40 Posted by Eternal19 (2076 posts) - - Show Bio

not really. She really fallen out of the public thought as of late. I personally feel robin is more iconic

#41 Posted by Jack Donaghy (1072 posts) - - Show Bio

@theocitylegend said:

not really. She really fallen out of the public thought as of late. I personally feel robin is more iconic

Me too, I feel like DC WANTS Wonder Woman to be the 3rd most iconic character but I feel like Robin is. A lot of people call her Superwoman, with Robin there aren't any people who mistakenly call him Batboy or anything like that. If you say to a random person on the street "Who is Batman's sidekick?" most will be able to answer Robin, if you ask "Name a Amazonian warrior princess superhero" You'll get Superwoman, Wonder Woman or mostly Xena as an answer.

#42 Posted by CharlieJade (422 posts) - - Show Bio

Storm beat Wonder Woman in a voted popularity contest, and this was before Singer's Xmen films

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/10/107222/2344073-wonder_woman_vs_storm_by_mystic_oracle.jpg

#43 Edited by ItsDaveyJ (196 posts) - - Show Bio

@charliejade said:

Storm beat Wonder Woman in a voted popularity contest, and this was before Singer's Xmen films

Well Storm is arguably Marvel's most iconic and popular female character. Marvel is trying to push Ms. Marvel more but she hasn't caught any traction outside of comic book readers and She-Hulk suffers from having too strong of ties to an already established male character.

Hell, I'd vote for Storm even though Wonder Woman is my favorite DC character.

#44 Posted by Marco_Kidd (365 posts) - - Show Bio

Wonder Woman for sure, my grandmother would recognise Wonder Woman.

#45 Posted by warlock360 (28057 posts) - - Show Bio

Wonder Woman hands down.

#46 Posted by TAneT62 (1071 posts) - - Show Bio

Wonder Woman is the one, and only, iconic female superhero of all time, not one comes close. You could say Robin and and the Joker could tier with her, but ... That is beside the point. When people think of comic books, heroes, etc. They instantly think of Superman, Batman, and Wonder Woman. They are DC's trinity, The Big 3. Green Lantern is a green lit irritation, my opinion.

Robin and The Joker are more popular, not iconic. People tend to confuse these two words.

#47 Posted by Jack Donaghy (1072 posts) - - Show Bio

@tanet62 said:

Wonder Woman is the one, and only, iconic female superhero of all time, not one comes close. You could say Robin and and the Joker could tier with her, but ... That is beside the point. When people think of comic books, heroes, etc. They instantly think of Superman, Batman, and Wonder Woman. They are DC's trinity, The Big 3. Green Lantern is a green lit irritation, my opinion.

Robin and The Joker are more popular, not iconic. People tend to confuse these two words.

I disagree with one point you made, you said when people think of comic book heroes they think of Superman, Batman and Wonder Woman. The DC Trinity may be Superman, Batman and Wonder Woman but the comic book trinity is Superman, Batman and Spider-Man those are the 3 most iconic comic book characters ever. If you were to ask a non comic book reader to name a superhero I'm pretty sure the vast majority would name one of those 3 first.

#48 Edited by Emp3rorD4v1d (109 posts) - - Show Bio

I think green lantern is the e3rd most iconic dc character, or at least thats what it looks like. but i know that wonderwoman is supposed to be it.

#49 Posted by CrazyScarecrow (1455 posts) - - Show Bio

I never really looked at DC main heroes as a trinity. Always more a of a quartet: Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, and of course Robin. Though this isn't some hero and villain thing for villains I'd say that it'd have to be Joker, Catwoman, Lex with Penguin and Riddler maybe added.

#50 Edited by TAneT62 (1071 posts) - - Show Bio

@tanet62 said:

I disagree with one point you made, you said when people think of comic book heroes they think of Superman, Batman and Wonder Woman. The DC Trinity may be Superman, Batman and Wonder Woman but the comic book trinity is Superman, Batman and Spider-Man those are the 3 most iconic comic book characters ever. If you were to ask a non comic book reader to name a superhero I'm pretty sure the vast majority would name one of those 3 first.

Hmm, that was my opinion, I tend to disregard reality with my opinions. ;]

I agree with you, but this is about DC's heroes, not Marvels. Spider-Man is iconic, but his difference is popularity, he is more 'popular' then 'iconic'. Wonder Woman is a house hold name, known through out the world by elders, middle aged, teens, and young kids nowadays, especially females. People tend to forget that the vast majority of attention comes from men/boys, not woman ... She is the only iconic female superhero on par with Superman, Batman, Spiderman, Wolverine etc. With popularity.