which new 52 series would you recommend?

mrjayviper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I've been a long time Marvel/Image supporter. But I decided to give the new 52 series a try. Which one would you recommend?

Thanks heaps. :)

Avatar image for deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79
deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Batman, Aquaman, Wonder Woman, Flash, Green Arrow.

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batman, Green arrow, and wonder woman are all good. If you're looking for something bigger then I would recommend trying forever evil since its a limited series, or justice league, or Batman/Superman.

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@farkam: is flash still good ever since the original creative team left?

iaconpoint

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Only what I read. Batman, Detective Comics, All-Star Western, Harley Quinn and Batman Eternal, which is weekly but just started so you csn get in on the ground floor. I've also heard Wonder Woman and Green Arrow are excellent though I'm getting those in trade, eventually.

the_tree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 14

Lemire's Green Arrow, Snyder's Batman.

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Goooooooooooooooogle. This is the 20,000 time this thread has been done. Type in "reccomend dc comics comicvine," and the first result will have most of the threads grouped together.

Jphu8414

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

To reiterate what everyone else said, Green Arrow (issues 17-), Batman, and Wonder Woman are all top notch

I would also like to put in personal recommendations for Animal Man, Swamp Thing, Action Comics, Superman Unchained, Aquaman, Justice League, and Earth-2 as those are some very good titles as well.

mrjayviper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By mrjayviper

@jaken7: I did search the net but to be honest I hardly find any article or discussion about the topic. I've read the worst 52 series but not the good ones. and the good recommendations articles I've seen only talks about the 1st issue!

I've also seen discussions here which batman-related series is good. not for all the new 52.

All in all, I tried to help to myself first by searching the net but not getting anywhere so I asked here :)

JennaR85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Aquaman, Wonder woman, green arrow (especially from issue 17 onwards) i am also partial to Batwoman, that has been a surprise hit for me. Batman Court of Owls also a great read!

Subject87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So far I've enjoyed Batman, Nightwing, Green Arrow (issues 17 onward), Red Hood and the outlaws, and Superman unchained.

Batgirl is okay but im getting kinda bored with it.

Avatar image for marcosvergara14
MarcosVergara14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Green Arrow (start at issue 17) and Aquaman

mrjayviper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

thanks everyone. so many suggestions. so little time and money :P

I think I'll start with batman as I've read a few of them many many years ago. (I think it was when bane was introduced).

Zeeguy91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

Like many others have already said, I also suggest Lemire's Green Arrow run (#17 onwards), Snyder's Batman run, Azzarello's Wonder Woman, Greg Pak's Action Comics (#26 onwards), and Justin Jordan's Green Lantern: New Guardians (#21 onwards). Those are all series I'm greatly enjoying. I am a bit bothered by Jordan's hinting at a Kyle/Carol attraction, which just seems weird to me, but otherwise its great.

I'm also gonna throw a curveball in there and also suggest Snyder's The Wake. Its not exactly DC, but it pretty much is, as Vertigo is a subdivision of DC Comics. Its a really great read if you want a break from all the superhero stuff.

Russcovito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#15  Edited By Russcovito

Green Arrow I only started from issue 26 but that's as you like

Batman (All)

Batman and Robin (the first arc was fine)

The Flash (All)

Justice League

Superman Unchained

Dro77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i know it's not new 52 but you should read Injustice

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 7

@jaken7 said:

Goooooooooooooooogle. This is the 20,000 time this thread has been done. Type in "reccomend dc comics comicvine," and the first result will have most of the threads grouped together.

Avatar image for baron_von_santa
Baron_von_Santa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

demon knights series, set in the past, with people like lucifer, etrigan, and a certain immortal.

Mattpool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Mattpool

Batman and Batman Eternal are very solid books. I really think a gem of the Nu 52 is Harley Quinn such a fun book to read

Bruxae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

Definetly Swamp Thing. Other then that it depends on what characters you like, I am enjoying Superman & Wonderwoman's team book alot. Batman is good although I am kinda skipping the prequal arcs.