Edited 1 year, 1 month ago

Poll: Which Members would you Add to the Current Birds of Prey Roster? (42 votes)

Vixen 26%
Raven 31%
Hawk and/or Dove 26%
Phantom Lady 7%
Lady Blackhawk 14%
Dawnstar 7%
Fire and/or Ice 21%
Other: specify in the comments 29%

Birds fo Prey needs some serious shaking up. I figure one of the most obvious ways to do so would be to shake up the roster. IMO, the team would benefit from adding some actual SUPERPOWERED ladies to the roster. Limiting the Birds to the Batmanverse has been somewhat damaging to them in my opinion because it keeps them at a very street level status and limits the stories that can be told. So here's a poll where you can chip in and say which characters you'd like to see in a revamped Birds of Prey roster, along with Black Canary and co.

#1 Posted by SoA (4678 posts) - - Show Bio

as much as i like vixen i voted hawk & dove , it stays with the bird theme and they are roughly street level beings , raven i think would be overkill same with fire & ice, i like phantom lady in her own book and i do not know the others

#2 Posted by ArturoCalaKayVee (10918 posts) - - Show Bio

Fire and Ice. I miss their absence since JLI ended.

#3 Posted by gator4eva (396 posts) - - Show Bio

Had to go with Hawk & Dove. They seem like the best fit. Vixen wouldn't be that bad either though.

#4 Edited by Zeeguy91 (1097 posts) - - Show Bio

Had to go with Hawk & Dove. They seem like the best fit. Vixen wouldn't be that bad either though.

Its multiple choice.

#5 Edited by JROCK72 (411 posts) - - Show Bio

Firehawk, Owlwoman, and Raven are actual Bird names, so I would want them to join.

#6 Posted by V_Scarlotte_Rose (6041 posts) - - Show Bio

@jrock72 said:

Firehawk, Owlwoman, and Raven are actual Bird names, so I would want them to join.

Hawkfire(formerly Flamebird) would probably fit in too then.

#7 Posted by Flaming_Weasel (33 posts) - - Show Bio

Lady Blackhawk

#8 Posted by Ravager4 (1627 posts) - - Show Bio

I dont care, as long as you get rid of Condor

#9 Posted by MartianManhunterIsBetterThanCyborg (2213 posts) - - Show Bio

I always thought Rocket would fit in well.

#10 Posted by SupBatz (1676 posts) - - Show Bio

Keep Batgirl, Black Canary, and Katanna. Scrap all of the rest.

Then maybe add Fire and Ice.

And even though this won't happen due to the current state of the DC Universe, Renee Montoya's Question and Helena Betrinelli's Huntress would be my ideal additions to the team.

#11 Posted by Outside_85 (8022 posts) - - Show Bio

While dangerous, even slightly groundbreaking, adding Raven to this team of street-level covert-ops team could open up some new venues of stories to tell with it.

It's dangerous in the sense that normally this book is read because the girls in it kick ass in the physical sort of way, they are really good at that, but not superhuman. Raven however is not a character that's been shown to leave her superpowers at the door in favor of fists and feet.

It's groundbreaking in the other way since I can't recall the team ever having a magician on their team for any length of time. That said, I wouldn't want to escalate the team to take on demons like Neron or Trigon, mad cultist perhaps, but not the big shots of Hell.

That said, I would honestly have preferred if Raven had appeared on the old team, simply due to it's greater level of experience and more solid core. Since it would be something new for her character, it would broaden her sphere of contacts and perhaps someone could finally figure out to make something interesting with her without having to add her father. Also it could be amusing having her and Huntress under the same roof.

#12 Posted by RustyRoy (10717 posts) - - Show Bio

Vixen would suit they're style more in my opinion.

#13 Posted by RDClip (1115 posts) - - Show Bio

Pre-52, Power Girl would have been a great addition because she has past animostity with Oracle due to a failed mission. If they could write in a similar backstory, it would work quite well. But I dunno, I haven't been reading n52 BoP, so I don't know if the team was around before or if Oracle (if Babs was ever Oracle) was ever leader of the team.

#14 Posted by 2cool4fun (1344 posts) - - Show Bio

Spoiler joining would be awesome, she was the best batgirl, barbara should have stayed oracle

#15 Posted by SpideyIvyDaredevilFan26 (5732 posts) - - Show Bio

I want Poison Ivy back.

#16 Posted by Kwodam (94 posts) - - Show Bio

supergirl or powergirl maby hunters.

#17 Edited by MrShway88 (655 posts) - - Show Bio

Cassandra Cain

#18 Posted by TekTheNinja (766 posts) - - Show Bio
#19 Posted by ComicStooge (11861 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd add Dr Light, of course.

#20 Edited by blkson (785 posts) - - Show Bio

Vixen for Justice League please.

Is this DC's only female team? "Birds" has always been the draw back of the team.

Bumblebee could fit. It would introduce her to the new52. She's an intelligent and a gadget engineer. She built her own power suit. That could be expounded upon.

#21 Posted by raythelion (191 posts) - - Show Bio

Lady Blackhawk.

#22 Posted by batpala (339 posts) - - Show Bio

I would give my right arm for Lady Blackhawk to return. I love her to bits.